IGNORED

JagCF last news before the before the launch of final proto.

GT Turbo

I don't know if Lynx market is smaller than Jaguar one. I have no idea of sales on both systems, but I have the impression that Jaguar forums are more actives, with many more subjects, and many more members participating. Even if my impression is also that number of Lynx releases and news are bigger :D

You are right on both points ;)

I don't know if Lynx market is smaller than Jaguar one. I have no idea of sales on both systems, but I have the impression that Jaguar forums are more actives, with many more subjects, and many more members participating. Even if my impression is also that number of Lynx releases and news are bigger :D

@phuzaxeman : thanks for the kind words on space incident, this is appreciated ;)

keep up the great work. thanks for allowing us to play it for free on the lynx emulator. if i can get my hands on the lynx cart of space incident, i'll buy it.

also, let me know if you need any music for future games. i'll be happy to do a soundtrack for free. check out my latest album (producer and songwriter), transitions (www.myspace.com/julin).

ken

Edited by phuzaxeman

How do you estimate the fans numbers ?

By other developer sales.

Songbird sells Jaguar and Lynx games. If I remember correctly, Jaguar sales are higher than Lynx sales, sometimes 2x. So I think you're wrong.

Im talking ONE title not several. So I think you are wrong. I know what our numbers where

and I know Im right.

So ... it's the JagCD not the Jaguar ?

sounds more realist

Well, CD or cart, some one can copy that none the less.

This attempt at desperate "protectionism" says a lot about how far gone the Jag platform is. Multicarts are a fact of life. You're all going to have to accept it whether you like it or not and let the consequences be as they may.

Frankly, if people spent half as much of their effort at writing games for the Jag than they do arguing in forums like this, maybe it wouldn't have gotten to this point.

Several of our games are ready. We just want to get our moeny back from them.

We sell games in a game package, not for download. It costs me money. I have

to reflect that cost on the customer when he buys these. I want to be sure I get

back what I put into, and quite frankly I have every right to do what I see fit to

protect. Mutlicarts may be your way of life, but they aren't ours. I dont own a

single such cart.

This attempt at desperate "protectionism" says a lot about how far gone the Jag platform is. Multicarts are a fact of life. You're all going to have to accept it whether you like it or not and let the consequences be as they may.

Frankly, if people spent half as much of their effort at writing games for the Jag than they do arguing in forums like this, maybe it wouldn't have gotten to this point.

....We just want to get our moeny back from them. We sell games in a game package, not for download. It costs me money. I have to reflect that cost on the customer when he buys these. I want to be sure I get

back what I put into, and quite frankly I have every right to do what I see fit to

single such cart...

it's not that i disagree with you gorf about your post above. but it's your attitude and the way you come across that turns many customers off. do what you need to do and release it the way you want. you get in these unecessary ellaborate posts that your energy could be spent elsewhere positive.

....We just want to get our moeny back from them. We sell games in a game package, not for download. It costs me money. I have to reflect that cost on the customer when he buys these. I want to be sure I get

single such cart...

it's not that i disagree with you gorf about your post above. but it's your attitude and the way you come across that turns many customers off. do what you need to do and release it the way you want. you get in these unecessary ellaborate posts that your energy could be spent elsewhere positive.

And your attitude in your posts are just the example of cordial?

My ONLY attitude is you guy's making every form of excuse to me why Im a monster

for dare protecting my interest. If that bothers you , I sorry but expect that becasue

all your complaining wont make a difference. I really dont care if you or the rest of

these guys dont want or buy my games. It is not for you I do this in the first place.

Edited by Gorf

single such cart...

And your attitude in your posts are just the example of cordial?

My ONLY attitude is you guy's making every form of excuse to me why Im a monster

for dare protecting my interest. If that bothers you , I sorry but expect that becasue

all your complaining wont make a difference. I really dont care if you or the rest of

these guys dont want or buy my games. It is not for you I do this in the first place.

you're the developer and seller of your own games. you mention about customer service somewhere...how about practicing what you preach and having a better attitude about your product (that is if you ever intend on releasing something).

u don't care if nobody on here buys your game? i don't believe that.

How do you estimate the fans numbers ?

By other developer sales.

Songbird sells Jaguar and Lynx games. If I remember correctly, Jaguar sales are higher than Lynx sales, sometimes 2x. So I think you're wrong.

Im talking ONE title not several. So I think you are wrong. I know what our numbers where

and I know Im right.

So ... it's the JagCD not the Jaguar ?

sounds more realist

Well, CD or cart, some one can copy that none the less.

one more time a really simple question and one more time no response

I don't ask you about piracy

your experience with the jaguar fan-base doesn't seems to be realist as far as it's only concerning one game, on CD ...

I just need your help to understand your comments but apparently even for you it's not simple :|

I just need your help to understand your comments but apparently even for you it's not simple :|

What's to understand? Are you that thick? Or ar you just that bad at englsh?

the question wasn't simple enough for you apparently,

I ask you about jaguar fans numbers

your response : other developers sales

what is this ONE title then, bs who is out of stock since a long time ? ... maybe this time you wasn't referring to YOU ?

and finally, one little jump and let's go one more time with the piracy thing

the initial question was : How do you estimate the fans numbers ?

you need facts for this, if not, don't speak

and just one little

Or ar you just that bad at englsh?
:)

What's to understand? Are you that thick? Or ar you just that bad at englsh?

i'm not sure you'd want to put down his english with spelling like that.... :-)

I admit my spelling suxand I did not put anyone's english down. I questioned

his ability to comprehend it.

It dont take sales figures to know that the fan base of the Jaguar is

no where near the size of most other classic consoles in fan numbers.

They only manufactured only 250,000 units of Jaguar and sold only

about 150,000 of those units but lets through thes ein anyway.

The CD was only 20,000. Do the math.

Here some more numbers...

http://www.uvlist.net/platforms/detail/15-Master+System

40,000,000 million units.

SMS

13,000,000million units.

Lynx

2,000,000 million units.

Jaguar

150,000 million units.

Im sure these are close what ever your choice of numbers sources.

There are your numbers. I doubt even 10 percent of the Jaguars are in use today.

Get the picture yet?

Lol! Facts dont means much around here. I post them all the time and

get shit for it and who in hell are you to tell me not to speak?

I'd say the historical and ongoing horrific state of the 'jaguar community' (which sadly is still being perpetuated by those responsible) has caused more lost potential sales due to driving away droves of people in utter disgust, then piracy ever has or could.

The current push of the 'community' seems to be a desire to close the 'inner circle' even tighter and tighter until developers will only sell to the 20 people they believe worthy in their worship (a great way to increase sales by the way and really ensure you get any return on your investment). At this rate in ten years I hope the 12 people left are really having a good time with their self congratulatory circle jerk in their sick stagnant little pool.

It really is sad. I've never seen any classic gaming community - and I mean even the NeoGeo nuts - behave like the Jag community does. I know there are still good people left and I feel for them even if some are terribly misguided.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP. Someone just pointed out to me that in another forum that folks are actually discussing the merits of slapping developers with 'cease and desist' orders and forming a governing body to rule over those who would dare develop hardware/software for the Jag. Are you people kidding me? Do any of you have any perspective at all about the modern day situation of the Jag, a system who statistically zero percent of the population gives a shit about in the first place? I've got a great idea, how about amassing a fund to buy up all the Jags that remain in the world - that way you can really be King Turd of Shit Mountain and make sure nobody ever does anything with a Jag that you might disapprove of.

Edited by remowilliams

I'd say the historical and ongoing horrific state of the 'jaguar community' (which sadly is still being perpetuated by those responsible) has caused more lost potential sales due to driving away droves of people in utter disgust, then piracy ever has or could.

The current push of the 'community' seems to be a desire to close the 'inner circle' even tighter and tighter until developers will only sell to the 20 people they believe worthy in their worship (a great way to increase sales by the way and really ensure you get any return on your investment). At this rate in ten years I hope the 12 people left are really having a good time with their self congratulatory circle jerk in their sick stagnant little pool.

It really is sad. I've never seen any classic gaming community - and I mean even the NeoGeo nuts - behave like the Jag community does. I know there are still good people left and I feel for them even if some are terribly misguided.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP. Someone just pointed out to me that in another forum that folks are actually discussing the merits of slapping developers with 'cease and desist' orders and forming a governing body to rule over those who would dare develop hardware/software for the Jag. Are you people kidding me? Do any of you have any perspective at all about the modern day situation of the Jag, a system who statistically zero percent of the population gives a shit about in the first place? I've got a great idea, how about amassing a fund to buy up all the Jags that remain in the world - that way you can really be King Turd of Shit Mountain and make sure nobody ever does anything with a Jag that you might disapprove of.

:thumbsup:

Regarding the last sentience, I'm still looking to get rid of mine for a decent price. So I wouldn't mind, tho I might video tape myself smashing the thing with a sledge hammer just for the sake of spite.

Several of our games are ready. We just want to get our moeny back from them.

We sell games in a game package, not for download. It costs me money. I have

to reflect that cost on the customer when he buys these. I want to be sure I get

single such cart.

Right off the bat you made a mistake if you intended to run a sustainable business making games for the Jaguar. There aren't a lot of companies in this entire classic game scene pulling down enough cash to make somebody an honest living. I've got to imagine most are doing it on the side more for fun than anything else.

Wow... Just wow..

..Al

It dont take sales figures to know that the fan base of the Jaguar is

no where near the size of most other classic consoles in fan numbers.

They only manufactured only 250,000 units of Jaguar and sold only

about 150,000 of those units but lets through thes ein anyway.

The CD was only 20,000. Do the math.

Here some more numbers...

http://www.uvlist.net/platforms/detail/15-Master+System

40,000,000 million units.

SMS

13,000,000million units.

Lynx

2,000,000 million units.

Jaguar

150,000 million units.

There are your numbers. I doubt even 10 percent of the Jaguars are in use today.

Get the picture yet?

Are you serious ? You estimate the fan numbers with the sales of systems 10 or 15 years ago ?

Get the picture yet?

ok nothing serious :ponder:

Lol! Facts dont means much around here. I post them all the time and

get shit for it and who in hell are you to tell me not to speak?

oh sorry you need respect of course, and don't I ? :|

Are you serious ? You estimate the fan numbers with the sales of systems 10 or 15 years ago ?

He's just saying that a platform which sold more units is likely to retain a larger usebase when it hits orphanhood, which is common sense.

However, I do think that post-crash consoles have a harder time developing a homebrew scene because of the following:

1) Lockout chips and other DRM hinder homebrew development.

2) Newer hardware means greater demands on developers to make the most out of the system. Homebrewing is too time-consuming and expensive.

3) System may have sold ok during its day but has no remaining pop culture cachet. People just moved onto the next logical evolutionary step.

The Jag suffers from issue 2 and 3. The Lynx suffers more from 3.

I think people have unrealistic expectations of the Jag. They classify it in the same era as the PS1 and expect it to have "hidden potential" to deliver that level of 3D if only developers worked hard enough. So the bar has been set way too high compared to something like the 2600 where you can still entertain people with a 4K game. This despite the obvious limitations and bugs of its chipset.

This barrier is what creates this tension. You've got a bunch of frustrated Jag owners who are basically waiting for a homebrew rebirth of their platform but they will probably never be satisfied with what a homebrewer can do. You'll get more 2D games that look like they could have run just as well on an Amiga 1200.

So the older platforms are much more homebrew-friendly, hence have more homebrewing.

That's why I'm pretty pessimistic about the homebrew scene on anything that requires much in the way of digital assets. Look at how long it took to finish Adventure 2--and that was just for the 5200. There is a Mario clone and a Space Harrier port for the 8-bit that are languishing as well. Not much going on with the 7800 either and you'd think by now there would be.

Wow... Just wow..

..Al

When you are desperate you do everything, even killing yourself.

He's just saying that a platform which sold more units is likely to retain a larger usebase when it hits orphanhood, which is common sense.

This is only theory, you have many systems wich sold many more units than others, and have smaller fanbases behind.

I could also talk about GP32 or GP2X systems, wich had very low sales (if you compare them with other systems), and huge communities behind them.

Com on guys, just look at the software sales from *today* if you want real facts.