IGNORED

JagCF last news before the before the launch of final proto.

GT Turbo

Woah!

I read this thread, and to be honest, I am so amazed with the arguments some people put up against this piece of hardware.

If I look in any other direction, at any other scene, being console or computer related, the jaguar scene is no more than pathetic.

We have here a few pople that are developers, a few people claiming to be developers, and most, if not all, threaten to not publich more stuff.

So be it, good riddance to you! Most of you seem to be living off old merits anyway. Like those soap-opera stars that just don't want to go away and get a regular job.

Because, all I see when I look at this pathetic excuse for a "scene", is a bunch of value-collectors, more concerned about the value of their collections than actual interest in having a kick-ass scene that regularly spits out cool demos & other things.

These value collectors do not see the benefit of 100´s or 1000´s new jaguar fans, and what that will do to the value of their original stuff.

I saw a while back that an original cartridge for 2600 going on ebay for an insane amount of money. And yet 2600 is probably the easiest & cheapest system to pirate of them all...

There will always be people, me included, that wants to own the "real thing" if they like it, and can afford it. Especially when it comes to things relating to atari consoles. The customerbase will not diminish with more users, piracy or not, it will grow.

I say, make JagCF publicly available, release all programming related stuff for free, and I think you all will be amazed with the stuff that will show up in the end.

Let the scene revive itself.

Don't let it die at the hands of the pathetic people that claim they fight "piracy".

Some people told Jagware are pirates, but do you know where you can find Atari roms ? No ? Go on JSII !! A lot of roms for some machines see this screenshoot :

post-7280-1191083896_thumb.png

Yes i know it's Google ads, but you must know it's a little bit ironical don't you think ?

I got another pm's for supporting the JagCF, more and more people. We (Jagware) want to thanks all people for this great support.

GT poulpe.gif

Uhm, you have to be joking, right? Jay can't help what Google posts on his site in an add. Please, come up with something better dude.

GOAT Store's newer DC releases are currently being pirated left and right. Some of the sites *are* respectful enough to pull them when approached, some are not.

Oh wait...this can't be right. The proponents of pirate devices say otherwise.

It just cant be true. Dont' you know factual examples are useless around here?

:roll:

So be it, good riddance to you! Most of you seem to be living off old merits anyway. Like those soap-opera stars that just don't want to go away and get a regular job.

Some of us have nothing to offer and therefor NEED a regular, boring,

usually hated 9-5 job. Be my guest.

However, I choose to do something I love and I do it well enough to be hired

by well major companies. I certainly don't need to waste my time and efforts

on this bullshit just to see a clear desier for those to rip our efforts off. I can

and as a matter of fact do make money professionally with game programming

now so it's really no issue for me. Unfortunately the rest of the good folks will

suffer at the hand a few who can simply make things right with a simple bit

stream change. So with that, dont let the door hit YOU on the way out. How's

that sound? If you want to walk in front of a truck, be my guest.

Edited by Gorf

If I rent a videogame from Gamefly, Gamefly has purchased only a handful of copies that potentially dozens of people get to make use of. The game publisher sure doesn't benefit from that multiple. Do you see the point?

They benefit from it perfectly the same goes for renting movies. When a new movie comes out and it costs 19.99, Blockbuster is paying a couple hundred dollars per copy. They are buying versions of the DVD or video game that are authorized by the publisher for rental. If you ever see that FBI warning at the beginning of DVDs it entails that no one may make this DVD available for rent or for public exhibition without proper authorization. The only way to get around this is purchasing that certain version of the game or DVD that is authorized to put up for rent or public exhibition. Gamefly is not spending $60 bucks on Halo per copy and turning 90% profit. They are spending a considerable amount more per copy and earning it back by making it available to rent while still making enough profit to make it a worth while business. In short, the publisher is not getting screwed. They wouldn't approve or promote in their own ad "buy OR rent today!" If they knew they were getting a better deal in buys they wouldn't bother saying rent, right? That would be like saying, "buy or steal today!"

However, I choose to do something I love and I do it well enough to be hired

by well major companies. I certainly dont' need to waste my time and efforts

on this bullshit. I can and as a matter of fact do make money professional

with game programming now so it's really no issue for me. Unfortunately

the rest of the good folks will suffer at the hand a few who can simple make

things right with a simple bit stream change. So with that, dont let the door hit

YOU on the way out. How's that sound? If you want to walk in front of a truck, be my guest.

To be honest, I like the sound of that.

Personally, I do not mind losing you as a developer, if the JagCF brings in even only 2 other developers, but from what I've heard, there's quite a few people interested in playing around with the jaguar.

Anyway, if you are doing this for the money, you are definately part of the problem, if you are doing this for fun.... well... what is your beef? Really?

Edit: Added the truck part at the end. Funny, will we see gorf turn out to be a transformer now?

Edited by Greenious

If you want to be safe, you shouldn't make your work public. If someone is low enough to pirate something, they're going to do it. I find it's odd that you're against the legitimate uses for the device, the honest users that want the device, and that you seem to ignore that protections are being put in place for developers to lock out their future work.

And those devices for other systems allow uploading the entire system library often (Such as the Cuttle Cart II), or at least 99% of it. And those that don't still allow signifant portions of the library to be uploaded at one time, with the only exceptions I can think of being the original Cuttle Cart for the 2600 and the Intellicart.

well then if you are so confident , then please, by all means contact all these comapnies

and tell them you are downloading there IP's. IF you really think it's not a problem , then

what do you have to fear?

As far as the difference between 2600 an Jaguar, the time and effort

and cost are much higher for Jaguar....MUCH higher. A Jaguar cart

is much more expensive to make than a 2600 cart. 32k rom chips

dont cost anything in comparison to the 40 pineers you need in a JAguar

cart.

As far as the difference between 2600 an Jaguar, the time and effort

cart.

And still a 2600 cart recently went on ebay for an obscene amount of money.

And still you don't see why a thing like JagCF could open up a new market for you selling the image, instead of a cartridge.

Is it that you you like being a big fish in a small pond? Jaguar developing today isn't exactly easy, or cheap. JagCF could change that. Is that why you have such a problem with it?

"well then if you are so confident , then please, by all means contact all these comapnies

and tell them you are downloading there IP's. IF you really think it's not a problem , then

what do you have to fear?"

What the heck are you talking about? I really don't care if I'm doing something like putting a logo for a railroad that's been gone for 40 years on a model railroad boxcar or playing a game that hasn't seen store shelfs in years or even decades. That's confidence enough, if any of these companies find that offensive and harmful to them, I'm not exactly being hidden about such facts. Let them do their own police work, you're not the Jaguar police despite how much you want to control things. Only takes a stamp, envelop and a premade cease & desist letter with my name placed on it to accomplish things. What I'm doing with outdated games is as illegal as doing 56 mph in a 55 mph zone and no one in their right mind is going to care except you. I've never made a dime off someone else's ip or deprived anyone of a dime of profit from me on something that is available that the owners are making money off of. My conscious is quite free.

"As far as the difference between 2600 an Jaguar, the time and effort

cart. "

The cost of materials is the only thing much higher. And that is easily resolved by requiring preorders if someone is paranoid they won't run through their stock of materials for a game. Nothing has to be bought then until the money is already in.

Edited by Atariboy

The cost of materials is the only thing much higher.

You can't be very bright. You are now going to tell me what's harder to

code for too?

And that is easily resolved by requiring preorders if someone is paranoid they won't run through their stock of materials for a game. Nothing has to be bought then until the money is already in.

You're very naive.

Edited by Gorf

Has anyone else noticed that by a large margin the people supporting the CF seem completely obsessed with justifying piracy or condemning developers for having an anti-piracy stance?

Exactly how many people have been saying they could care less about that and look forward to the DSP games and PS/2 mouse?

I wonder if PS/2 keyboards and mice will still be available by the time this thing comes out... :razz:

Personally, I do not mind losing you as a developer, if the JagCF brings in even only 2 other developers, but from what I've heard, there's quite a few people interested in playing around with the jaguar.

Playing around with the Jagur is not seriously wanting to write serious games. The CF

is no longer the Jaguar anyway. It's the Jaguar playing HOST to a new console

using a new chip with NO tools.

Anyway, if you are doing this for the money, you are definately part of the problem, if you are doing this for fun.... well... what is your beef? Really?

Yes, part of the problem for scumbags that feel it is ok to steal my hard work. You clearly

have not writting for a system a difficult as the Jaguar, if for any system at all.

Edit: Added the truck part at the end. Funny, will we see gorf turn out to be a transformer now?

Too bad yu can't comprehend simple things......you are asking us, 3DSSS to put our money

and time on the line like it is no big deal, nothing involded in the effort of producing a game.

I truly wont miss clowns like you as the door hits my ass.

Has anyone else noticed that by a large margin the people supporting the CF seem completely obsessed with justifying piracy or condemning developers for having an anti-piracy stance?

Exactly how many people have been saying they could care less about that and look forward to the DSP games and PS/2 mouse?

I wonder if PS/2 keyboards and mice will still be available by the time this thing comes out... :razz:

Shhhh....you are using facts and reality again JC...oh and comon sense God forbid....stop that!

:roll:

And still a 2600 cart recently went on ebay for an obscene amount of money.

Unless it is for a good cause or charity, its a rip off. If you knew even a

little bit about me,you know I hound E-bay hounds who tried to sell my

products for more that it is originally sold at. Why? So Jaguar fans DONT

have to pay retarded prices for a game.

And still you don't see why a thing like JagCF could open up a new market for you selling the image, instead of a cartridge.

No I dont see it and instead see that image floating from CF to CF after ONE

scumbag buys it and uploads it to a ROMz site.

Is it that you you like being a big fish in a small pond? Jaguar developing today isn't exactly easy, or cheap.

Is it that you like being ridiculous? You just here admit the jag dev is difficult, yet God

forbid I try to protect myself after going through all that hard work?

JagCF could change that. Is that why you have such a problem with it?

Yes it could change it for the worse. I see NO positive thing for my software running

on something not even needed to develop with or to operate our games with in the

first place, but it is not suprising some one like yourself is as misinformed as you

CLEARY are. You obviously never wrote a Jaguar game to have even the foggiest clue

of the effort involved.

THEIR IS NO NEED FOR CART RAM MAPPINGS LIKE THAT IN THE CF OTHER THAN FOR THE

SOLE PURPOSE OF STEALING.

You are not 'trying before buying".

You dont need an alpine or anything other than a CD player or Protector SE cart.

You dont even need to modify your Jaguar.

I cant think of any good reason for this device other than it's obvious intent.

Unless it is for a good cause or charity, its a rip off. If you knew even a

little bit about me,you know I hound E-bay hounds who tried to sell my

products for more that it is originally sold at. Why? So Jaguar fans DONT

have to pay retarded prices for a game.

My, how nice of you to dictate to other people how much they can sell their possessions for. :roll:

Yes it could change it for the worse. I see NO positive thing for my software running

on something not even needed to develop with or to operate our games with in the

first place

I know you'll probably make more excuses for the differences, but you know, piracy is piracy. You dismissed the cuttle cart point with your ramblings about cost and difficulty, which quite frankly are completely irrevelant to the issue. Stealing is stealing, regardless if it's a penny or 10 million dollars.

What I'm reading is common hyprocritical arrogance. If this was being developed for the 2600 or something, would you be bitching? Some how I doubt it. Only reason you are now is because you choose to belive this will imapct you personaly.

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. If you want to bitch about this for your stated reasons, fine. Then bitch about the cuttle cart too, who's only purpose is playing rom images, and Al having roms here which if I remember correctly, he doesn't have specific granted permission to do for many of them, and goes by the policy that they are there avaialble till someone complains at which point he'll remove them. Don't matter it's old, obsolete, cheap or simple to program for. Copyrights are good for 50 years (some longer). So we've got another 20 atleast before they start expiring and are legal to give away like this. The fact that no one has complained about the ones still avaialble isn't the same as having permission and doesn't make it legal. That's all there is to it.

Not dissing Al here, just making a point.

Which is it's always the same rhetoric from you anti piracy guys. It's a problem when it effects you, but when presented with other cases of equal piracy by law, you make excuses to ignore/allow. It's a crock.

To you, and every other anti-piracy advocate: You want to get on your moral soap-box, fine, but STAY ON IT and apply your fundamental principles to EVERY case, not just when it convenient to you personaly. Otherwise, you have no right to piss and moan and bitch. You're not better then Joe Decuir, and your work is not more important then Combat.

"You can't be very bright. You are now going to tell me what's harder to

code for too?"

I'd say from what I know that getting an enjoyable game out of the Atari 2600 surpasses Jaguar coding where you have much more power at your disposal. It just logically seems like it should be more difficult than on a system with a lot more power at your disposal. Not everyone considers getting the most out of a system technically as equating to the most impressive games, I'd consider someone making a game on the 2600 that is as entertaining as something such as Combat as being just as impressive as a Jaguar developer doing something on the technical level of Cybermorph, but perhaps lacking in the entertainment department. I haven't seen anything that tells me just how knowledgeable you really are and why what you say should be the Bible for Jag fans.When you get pressed too far, you just get angry and come off with an attitude that appears like"I should know its that way, I'm a Jaguar developer and your not". I'm sure that just comes out of frusturation since we disagree, but it doesn't do you any good in swaying people's opinions.

"You're very naive."

Why not reply with why what I said wasn't practical? And why other members of this community have done the exact same thing successfully in the past but it's naive to suggest you do so? You don't want a way out of endangering your future work beyond seeing this project killed its becoming evident, you don't seem to care about alternatives and working out a solution that suits more than just yourself.

"Has anyone else noticed that by a large margin the people supporting the CF seem completely obsessed with justifying piracy or condemning developers for having an anti-piracy stance?"

Nope, what puzzles me if you notice is a small minority that are going against honest Jaguar fans and are against the legitimate use of this device because the potential to abuse ip is present, while one developer takes a stance that just seeks to ensure this device doesn't happen rather than working to resolve issues. I don't see how this device should be considered anymore wrong than a VCR or a cd burner, and it puzzles me why the developers of such a device and those anticipating it are villainized and called scumbags.

"Exactly how many people have been saying they could care less about that and look forward to the DSP games and PS/2 mouse?"

I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. I guess I don't qualify as an individual looking forward to those two things, if I wanted to use a PC mouse for an input device, I'd fire up a PC game.

"Playing around with the Jagur is not seriously wanting to write serious games. The CF

is no longer the Jaguar anyway. It's the Jaguar playing HOST to a new console

using a new chip with NO tools."

Developing for the Jaguar on the side while one has major roles in developing games for viable platforms sounds like playing with the Jaguar to me as well though. If the CF is no longer the Jaguar, why even concern yourself about it and criticize it for such things as lacking tools? And maybe those that are just playing around might someday do something you'd consider worthwhile for the community. You want the Jaguar to be a going concern long after it died in the eyes of most, don't you want to draw new people in to ensure it retains a healthy group of people actively coding for it?

"Yes, part of the problem for scumbags that feel it is ok to steal my hard work. You clearly

have not writting for a system a difficult as the Jaguar, if for any system at all."

This scumbag isn't interested in what you develop since he doesn't care for your attitude. So you won't have to worry about me. I do hope though that an amicable solution can be developed, such as making available information ASAP for developers to use to lock out their future work and maybe finding a way prevent or make more difficult having things like Skyhammer appearing on this while allowing Atari releases to exist. As hopeless as it looks in only being able to please one side or the other, maybe eventually something can be developed that satisfys more people.

"Too bad yu can't comprehend simple things......you are asking us, 3DSSS to put our money

and time on the line like it is no big deal, nothing involded in the effort of producing a game."

No one asked you to put your money and time on the line for us though. It's completely your decision, and if you decide the risk outweigh the benefits, please don't do it. I'd like to have this device and not infringe on your rights or those of other people developing for the system, so please reconsider wanting to limit what we can do.

"Is it that you like being ridiculous? You just here admit the jag dev is difficult, yet God

forbid I try to protect myself after going through all that hard work? "

Protect yourself from what? There's no guarantees in life, if you really wanted to protect yourself you'd take preorders for your title and only order enough to cover your orders since there isn't going to be 2000 Jaguar fans wanting to buy anything, even if 10 or 20 buy this device and let temptation get the better of them and steal your work.

"Yes it could change it for the worse. I see NO positive thing for my software running

first place,"

Maybe it won't have a positive effect on you, but it might for many Jaguar fans. You aren't more important than the fanbase of the system, which is why I'm puzzled you dismiss things like being able to lock out this future game you think you'd want to develop and release if and only if this device doesn't see the light of day. Why not be more receptive to working toward a compromise, rather than wanting whats best for you and the way you want it?

"You obviously never wrote a Jaguar game to have even the foggiest clue

of the effort involved. "

What does writing a Jaguar game and the amount of effort have to do with what you were replying to him about? He asked "And still you don't see why a thing like JagCF could open up a new market for you selling the image, instead of a cartridge.". It didn't warrant you being nasty about it.

"THEIR IS NO NEED FOR CART RAM MAPPINGS LIKE THAT IN THE CF OTHER THAN FOR THE

SOLE PURPOSE OF STEALING."

You are not 'trying before buying".

You dont need an alpine or anything other than a CD player or Protector SE cart.

You dont even need to modify your Jaguar."

And you don't have anyway to know any of that with the certainty you suggest. And we don't need a alpine, but you do?

And what does that link prove? There's many legitimate uses for cracks, I downloaded one recently for NASCAR Racing 2003 Season so I didn't have to have the cd in the drive for example. Not a thing was pirated. It can serve as way to combat overzealous developers that negatively affect the people that want to play their work just as much as it can be used to steal.

Edited by Atariboy

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p...616be671a#26127

Here aer the guys you think are so great...read it and see for your selves.

Just one question, the only question real is '

'Have GT Turbo spreaded this crack ?'

No, sorry, that's the difference.

I want to do some apologizes to Jaysmith and other members of JSII for my last screenshoot, but i have enough of people talking we are pirates, all members of JSII are not pirates, sorry to them and some are even supporting the JagCF. (I have edited my screenshoot and my post)

The Frog you're are trying to debate versus the JagCF, but i don't know if you have see, all days some others people are supporting it, today i have reveice two anothers Pm (Thanks to theirs authors), two people added me and some others members of Jagware in theirs friend list (I want to send a little message to them, can you send me a pm,because i have too fastly deleted my mail talking about that and i don't know who is the second one). The main thing is about running rom on it because in this case we are supporting 'Piracy', do you think on a CD your products will be better protected ? Like on a CF with an hardware encryption system ? And if we want to use the JagCF like an Alpine ?

Several times you talk about respect between developpers, but you must know i'm a developer too. You have talked about development tools, the JagCF is a tool too, cheaper than an Alpine, some new developers will work on Jag games, are you versus ? I think no because you're a developer too, so that's why i think you will be very happy that developers will got a new, cheaper development kit.

GT poulpe.gif

My, how nice of you to dictate to other people how much they can sell their possessions for. :roll:

They can do what they want. It is a free country, but it does not mean I am not free to hand them shit for it.

We sold the game on an honor system asking folks NOT to do this. I think I have a right to be upset when

people break that honor, no? Or can I make a pledge with you and break it with no repercusions? I think not.

Yes it could change it for the worse. I see NO positive thing for my I know you'll probably make more excuses for the differences, but you know, piracy is piracy. You dismissed the cuttle cart point with your ramblings about cost and difficulty, which quite frankly are completely irrevelant to the issue. Stealing is stealing, regardless if it's a penny or 10 million dollars.

I did not dismiss the cuttle cart and indeed called it a pirating device. Go re-read. and I agree with you. I did not say Al was or was'nt authorized either. I did not say I condone it either. I also beleive Al does it for histrical reasons and not to encourage piracy. should

he get the blessings of those who own the rights of the games. Im sure it would be better. I do not accuse or suspect Al in anyway

of nefarious intentions. Go read the links from JAgware and yuo will see what my real complaint is, Artdude. I do'nt need excuses

either. I've been very consistant and can't help it if you read in to something that is not really there.

Yes it could change it for the worse. I see NO positive thing for my I What I'm reading is common hyprocritical arrogance. If this was being developed for the 2600 or something, would you be bitching? Some how I doubt it. Only reason you are now is because you choose to belive this will imapct you personaly.

Not from me you dont. I dont feel any different. Im just not as worried about it. You are right though, I tend not to cae

about things that do not directly affect me unless its serious. I dont see how this is hypocritical at all. I do not encourage

or imply or suggest for ANYONE to download anything...ever.

Yes it could change it for the worse. I see NO positive thing for my I Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. If you want to bitch about this for your stated reasons, fine. Then bitch about the cuttle cart too, who's only purpose is playing rom images, and Al having roms here which if I remember correctly, he doesn't have specific granted permission to do for many of them, and goes by the policy that they are there avaialble till someone complains at which point he'll remove them. Don't matter it's old, obsolete, cheap or simple to program for. Copyrights are good for 50 years (some longer). So we've got another 20 atleast before they start expiring and are legal to give away like this. The fact that no one has complained about the ones still avaialble isn't the same as having permission and doesn't make it legal. That's all there is to it.

Not dissing Al here, just making a point.

A good point for which I agree, but again, I do not think Al is encouraging piracy either. Oh and Copyrights are life time now, BTW.

Im not condoning piracy( I cnt speak for Al but I would not accuse him of this.).

Yes it could change it for the worse. I see NO positive thing for my I Which is it's always the same rhetoric from you anti piracy guys. It's a problem when it effects you, but when presented with other cases of equal piracy by law, you make excuses to ignore/allow. It's a crock.

How and where did I do this?

To you, and every other anti-piracy advocate: You want to get on your moral soap-box, fine, but STAY ON IT and apply your fundamental principles to EVERY case, not just when it convenient to you personaly. Otherwise, you have no right to piss and moan and bitch. You're not better then Joe Decuir, and your work is not more important then Combat.

You mis read and mis understood my pionts obviuosly. Im not an anti pirate policeman or have ever claimed to be.

You can bet though that I will protect MY interests. I do not condone any form of piracy. You must be reading

something else. I will also complain about other peoples works if you bothered to actually pay attention.

all this is moot to the fact that I wont leave myself vunerable. You can grasp at weak straws and accuse me of

stuf all you want but it wont change my mind, really it wont.

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p...616be671a#26127

Here aer the guys you think are so great...read it and see for your selves.

Just one question, the only question real is '

'Have GT Turbo spreaded this crack ?'

No, sorry, that's the difference.

I want to do some apologizes to Jaysmith and other members of JSII for my last screenshoot, but i have enough of people talking we are pirates, all members of JSII are not pirates, sorry to them and some are even supporting the JagCF. (I have edited my screenshoot and my post)

The Frog you're are trying to debate versus the JagCF, but i don't know if you have see, all days some others people are supporting it, today i have reveice two anothers Pm (Thanks to theirs authors), two people added me and some others members of Jagware in theirs friend list (I want to send a little message to them, can you send me a pm,because i have too fastly deleted my mail talking about that and i don't know who is the second one). The main thing is about running rom on it because in this case we are supporting 'Piracy', do you think on a CD your products will be better protected ? Like on a CF with an hardware encryption system ? And if we want to use the JagCF like an Alpine ?

Several times you talk about respect between developpers, but you must know i'm a developer too. You have talked about development tools, the JagCF is a tool too, cheaper than an Alpine, some new developers will work on Jag games, are you versus ? I think no because you're a developer too, so that's why i think you will be very happy that developers will got a new, cheaper development kit.

GT poulpe.gif

remap the ram and this all goes away. You do not need to have the ram at $800000 to develop carts.

this is and has been our ONLY complaint. I have said this device does have the potential to be a VERY

good thing but not as long as it can beused as easily as it can be to copy and distribute games.

Has anyone else noticed the handful of people constantly bashing the JagCF are a bunch of hypocrites?

Selling pirate games? They wouldn't even think of it.

http://jaysmith2000.ipbhost.com/index.php?...st&p=197549

Using other companies intellectual properties without permission? No they never did it.

http://jaysmith2000.ipbhost.com/index.php?...st&p=135072

Making pirate copies of other developpers work? Nah, only JagCF developpers and supporters would do that.

http://jaysmith2000.ipbhost.com/index.php?...st&p=178174

I just want the CF device to play Battlesphere, I'm with Gorf on this one: Games like Battlesphere being sold on ebay for huge amounts of cash, ripping us off to no end (Ever seen a Battlesphere for 10 bucks? Nope. Are the sellers donating the money to a worthwhile charity? Nope. Would a CF device put a stop to Battlesphere or Gorf being sold for atrocious amounts on ebay? Nope. So Gorf's not quite right, not just VCS collectors are being ripped off on ebay, Jaguar collectors too).

Even for Gorf (the CD game, not the person) I had to pay $170.00 on ebay (Sorry, Gorf, as for 'hounding', it doesn't quite work that way in the real world). If I had the CF device, I surely use that to play Gorf instead of being ripped off on Ebay. (Well, maybe I wouldn't, as Gorf tries to make that game available again in the near future which will bring the value price down for sure. Irrelevant anyway, as I own the blue box version)

(Of course, for me being a collector, having a copy doesn't cut it. Once I get the funds, I will purchase Battlesphere in it's original form. Once I get the funds, I will buy Tank Command for 7800, once .....)

Edited by thomasholzer

Yes, part of the problem for scumbags that feel it is ok to steal my hard work. You clearly

have not writting for a system a difficult as the Jaguar, if for any system at all.

did you ever saw the pokemon mini stuff ? that machine had an unknown processor, with unknown opcode, unknow hardware, no hardware doc at all, and homebrew developer succeed in reverse engineering the processor opcode and writing new assembler and debugger and emulator and flash cart and games and so on... and all of this, FOR FREE

coding on jaguar is not that difficult at all, I did a little game in only one week, ok it was mainly 68k, but some weeks later I had a game entirely written with the gpu/dsp and 68k turned off (and don't talk again of the gpu in ram stuff, players simply don't care, they only care about the final result that the game is)