IGNORED

What PS3 games are you currently playing?

HammR25

Just finished Fairy Fencer F. Got Tiara's ending. According to the Video Gallery it looks like I've missed a bunch of things all the same, plus I didn't get to the top of that tower.

The monsters aren't strengthened on the new game except apparently for the optional bosses (Lola's fury quests in particular) so it's going to be pretty boring going through this again. I was quite overpowered for all the bosses the entire game. Which of course erks me all the more with all the pre-staged "oh my god they're too powerful for us" battle interruptions, even if I almost had them destroyed in 2 rounds. In fact for one boss I actually defeated him in one round and still we get that stupid trope surface. ;)

This time around I'm aiming for Eryn's ending along with seeing who I failed to get to join me as I never did come across an axe user. I think I know who it'll be, but won't know for sure until I try to get through it again. Definitely going to fight my way to the top of the tower this time as well.

• Like 1

Downloaded Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, since it was on sale. I played it a fair bit over the weekend.

Obviously MMO inspired, with a healthy dose of Dynasty Warriors mixed in, and some storyline elements apparrently lifted from Attack on Titan. I like being able to customize the appearance of my character, no matter how little. (Why did this feature disappear from the DW games?)

Downloaded Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, since it was on sale. I played it a fair bit over the weekend.

Obviously MMO inspired, with a healthy dose of Dynasty Warriors mixed in, and some storyline elements apparrently lifted from Attack on Titan. I like being able to customize the appearance of my character, no matter how little. (Why did this feature disappear from the DW games?)

I have that too and its currently in my backlog. I only played DW 5 and 7, it can get pretty addicting but I got burned out on those pretty quick so maybe that's why I haven't tried Ragnarok yet. Still a sale is a sale.

By the way this tactics game comes out tomorrow:

http://www.amazon.com/Tears-Tiara-II-Heir-Overlord-PlayStation/dp/B00M6N2L3I

I just picked up Fairy Fencer F so I will wait on this, dont need more backlog games ATM.... and also check reviews.

I have that too and its currently in my backlog. I only played DW 5 and 7, it can get pretty addicting but I got burned out on those pretty quick so maybe that's why I haven't tried Ragnarok yet. Still a sale is a sale.

By the way this tactics game comes out tomorrow:

http://www.amazon.com/Tears-Tiara-II-Heir-Overlord-PlayStation/dp/B00M6N2L3I

I just picked up Fairy Fencer F so I will wait on this, dont need more backlog games ATM.... and also check reviews.

What? You haven't finished Fairy Fencer F yet?! ;)

As for Tears to Tiara, I don't see it listed on PSN yet and Atlus is currently on the "Only buy after confirming no significant DLC" list. So I'll hold off on a decision to go to the store to look for a copy til then.

I'm jumping back to a "Wait 3 months minimum" policy for new games, as obviously just checking at launch day for the DLC situation no longer works. Looks like they're learning to slowly drip it out each week even though where these games have been out for upwards to a year in most cases in Japan, all the DLC is likely already made and prepared.

When I decided to buy Fairy Fencer F, there was just 2 free DLC items. Last week that bumped up to 6 items. 2 paid, 4 free. Today it's bumped again to 11 items. 6 paid, 5 free I think. Something like that. I should have waited til Tears to Tiara updated in the store but ended up getting it earlier today while I was out anyway. When it finally updated it had like 6 or so paid DLC items. Mostly hidden/locked characters at 2 bucks each.

While doing the searching I did uncover Ar Nosurge in the store. It's been out as long as Fairy Fencer I believe, although still down to just 1 DLC item. But I'll wait til January thanks to the Fairy Fencer issue. Hopefully I'll still be able to get a copy of it, otherwise I'll wait til it's put on sale on PSN. Apparently the game is a prequel to the Ar Tonelico series.

-----

Either way, to be more on topic, I'm back to playing Ni no Kuni. I've cleared up all the quests thus far except for one last familiar chasing quest. I've got 2 of the 3 needed, although this time I'm expected to metamorph them to their ultimate stages. At least it's getting me levels and money. On one fight around Peridot (or whatever the town is called) I somehow got like nearly 4000 xp. Damned near everyone leveled up a few times. I don't know what happened or remember who I fought. I don't recall it being a hard fight though....

I'm also going to start in on Tears to Tiara II, if not tonight then I'll mix it up during the week.

• Like 1

I've been playing Tears to Tiara II for four hours this evening.

Most of that time was spent hitting X to page through visual novel type stuff. Perhaps 30 minutes of those first four hours were gameplay.

BUT...

If this game can keep up this level of intensity with it's storytelling, while upping the gameplay quantity and quality, then it will become a classic.

I've been playing Tears to Tiara II for four hours this evening.

Most of that time was spent hitting X to page through visual novel type stuff. Perhaps 30 minutes of those first four hours were gameplay.

BUT...

If this game can keep up this level of intensity with it's storytelling, while upping the gameplay quantity and quality, then it will become a classic.

On no...something else to buy. My budget is going to hell.....

Not much lately. Too little time during soccer season. I might fire up Dragon's Dogma or Tales of Xillia though once it is done.

Yes... so many and so little time. And I have been passing on all of these late PS3 releases due to having enough of a backlog as it is. Of course, some of these may be rare and expensive later, but I have to remind myself that I am not running a museum and it is not possible (or even desirable) to play everything.

• Like 2

Finally started on The Last Of Us and.......

Yep, technically it's superb, opening was fantastic but now i'm 21% complete and it just feels like Naughty Dog do a stealth game.There's been no stand out moments, a stealth take down on a clicker feels like any other stealth take down i've pulled off in countless other games.
GTA 5 did'nt live upto the hype for myself, this does'nt look like it will either.Shame, i loved Naughty dog's Uncharted series, this is just leaving me non-plussed......so far.

I'm in the middle of testing some cheats for the Game Genie guys so I've been back and forth on some older games like Sonice Ultimate Genesis Collection, Folklore etc.

Finished Alien Breed and started playing Alien Breed 2 but haven't gotten back to it in a while. Fairy Fencer arrived so I'll be getting into that next.

Finished Ni no Kuni last night. It creates a game cleared save that puts you back outside the white witch's castle (at your house in motorville to be precise) and unlocks a bunch of extra sidequests you can do. I noticed there are some new enemies in some places as well, particularly where those quests are going to go - haven't checked all the areas yet naturally. You also gain some of the white witch's spells apparently.

The last last boss was a bit of a surprise, but due to the extreme levelling I ended up doing along the way, it still wasn't difficult. Evenstar definitely has it's use in that fight. Also glad I picked up the spell Thunderstorm as by the looks of it, it was certainly possible to miss if you didn't remember to go visit someone one last time. Basically it's a hit-all storm spell with a very short casting time, and a pretty short recovery time as well. While not that useful on bosses, it certainly helped make short work of most random encounters.

The extreme levelling was from fighting the Takutaku mobs around peridoti (Again, whatever that town is called). Defeating one of those was an easy 4000xp, and you'd occationally get two of them in the fight. These things are hard to beat simply because they run quickly and are usually found with mobs that heal. Catch them by surprise, go All Attack for the group strategy, and focus your main character's attacks directly on them. If you're strong enough you can beat at least one of them before they get a chance to do anything. To put it in perspective, the last boss of the game I believe gives less than 8000xp.

There's an evolved version of that mob in the White Witch's castle that can give about 29000xp... Same strategy as above. I only managed to snag one of those on the way to the witch, but given it gave everyone a few levelups even in the lv60 range, it was welcomed.

Not sure how much I'll play with the new game plus errands, as the clues are pretty freaking vague. I'll probably at least try to beat the new monster targets. But I think I'll be moving on to Tears to Tiara II soon.

• Like 1

I'm kind of in flux right now. There isn't one game I'm focusing on.

I'm still playing BF4, and had a blast playing online with a fellow clan member last night. That's probably going to be my goto game for a while, especially if friends are online.

I decided to give Borderlands 2 another chance since I've been in FPS mode recently. I enjoyed it more the second time around, but I grew tired of it after just a few days.

I installed Batman Arkham Asylum when it popped up as a freebie on Plus, but I'm just not in the mood for that one. I think it's too soon after playing Arkham City for so long.

I beat Wolfenstein: The New Order the other day. I bleeping loved it. It was refreshing to play such a visceral FPS that doesn't hold your hand or yell "follow me!" every 2 seconds. The guns were meaty, the set pieces were creative, there was some nice gameplay variety, and the enemies/attention to detail were just insane. Just an awesome tribute/reboot to the series.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still playing Tears to Tiara II. I thought I'd finish it this weekend, but as I've only just completed Stage 38 and there are 45 Stages, it looks like it will stretch to another week.

All this game has to do is not fumble the ending and it will go down in my book as one of the best video game experiences ever. I will admit that after 90 hours with this title, I'm wanting it to wrap up. But it's been a hell of a ride.

• Like 1

I'm still playing Tears to Tiara II. I thought I'd finish it this weekend, but as I've only just completed Stage 38 and there are 45 Stages, it looks like it will stretch to another week.

All this game has to do is not fumble the ending and it will go down in my book as one of the best video game experiences ever. I will admit that after 90 hours with this title, I'm wanting it to wrap up. But it's been a hell of a ride.

Don't spoil the ending, but let us know if it is any good. Nothing worse than spending a ton of time on a game that has a good a good story, characters... but the ending farts all over itself. Xenogears was the first game where I had that feeling (granted my opinion....).

I'm almost finished with Akiba's Trip. Got all the routes done. Playing through on the hardest difficulty now to see if I can handle it. I'm probably going to have to strengthen some extra suits for my partners as they aren't lasting overly long in some fights so when I get to the final battle I'll probably have to expect to do it almost all on my own.

Other than this I might try going through it one more time to see if I can get all the side quests done in a single playthrough.

One thing I'll say for Akiba's Trip, it's not the best programmed game I've seen. Just had it hang on me for the third time. The first two crashes happened while switching maps. The last one just then happened as I was leaving a store - black screen of nothingness. Wouldn't have pissed me off as much if I hadn't just cleared the Battle Arena from beginning to end, which I'll now have to do over. My advice to others: Save often, particularly if you've gotten something good. The crash cost me about 300k or more in cash from the arena rewards.

I've got Resonance of Fate taken out for the next game. Which will be sooner or later depending on whether I finish all the sidequests or if the game hangs on me again.

I think I figured out the bug with Akiba's Trip. If I'm right, it's not doing proper item limit checks to see if you're going over your maximum allowed items. I had another 2 crashes this morning, both as I tried to go into a shop on the main street area. At this point in the game I had just started a new game+ again and at the very beginning I went completely through the Battle Arena. The end of the game has a large brawl with 20+ enemies. So that's a lot of equipment you'll be taking from enemies. (And I mean a lot!) Then there's 7 stages or so to the Battle Arena, likewise gathering up lots of gear.

Anyway, after I figured this might be the case, I sold off a load of gear and fused a bunch more before trying to go to a shop. (You can sell stuff to Nana as well as fuse them together). And the crashes seemed to stop. If this really is the cause of the crashing, then I'll have to stand behind my earlier statement - this isn't the best programmed game. :P Or the best beta-tested if something like this was able to slip through to production. Oh well, at least I'll be able to finish up one last run through in an attempt to complete all the sidequests.

Last spam on Akiba's Trip I promise. :D

I found a thread on gamefaqs showing that the crashing is certainly happening with others under the same kind of situations. One person even had to rebuild his ps3 file system apparently. (Main reason I'm bothering to mention this!) Personally I had 5 crashes, luckily nothing drastic happened in my cases. Some people reported having their save files corrupted over it.

So for those playing the game, the item limit placed on the game doesn't seem to work properly, resulting in these crashes when you go into stores and potentially when moving from area to area that are connected to one another. (If you use the map it seems safe to travel like this)

Since a bug patch hasn't fixed it after all this time, one can assume they never will at this point. The game is safe to play so long as you make sure you don't overload on equipment. The item limit is pretty high, so just make sure you regularly SELL worthless gear, or fuse excess gear with gear you plan to actually play with to drop the item counts.

Most people experience this in newgame+ since during your first playthrough your skills aren't likely to be maxed out so you probably aren't getting a heck of a lot of items at first - likely just weapons which auto-drop and perhaps footwear. When it comes to footwear and the like, sell off the excess copies you'll never use. More cash for fusing other things.

(Also, the game should give you a warning when you get up to less than 100 item slots remaining in your inventory. It'll show up on the lower-center of the screen, similar to if you obtain a title or key item, etc from another player. Odds are you will be in the middle of battle when it appears so keep an eye open for it. I almost missed it, but didn't bother think much of it after the battle ended. But still, keep the excess useless gear to a minimum regardless of that!)

Edited by Mord
  • Like 1