IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Funny I was JUST about to mention IMPLANTGAMERS. I enjoy them a lot myself, no cursing, screaming, gimmicky etc. AND THEY TALK ABOUT RETRO GAMES lol. They are not full of themselves and unlike some other podcasts I have given up on the focus on the subject matter at hand rather then themselves.

I am glad you enjoy it. Kris and I have tried to keep it pretty simple overall, and I think where we have it now is where it's going to stay (not that we've really veered off track much since we started, hehe).

Also, thank you for the video plug! That was a great surprise earlier this week. Totally made my day! :)

Implant games had some interesting comments on the Jaguar community. Heh.

I'm not sure how to take that comment, but hey, when you've been involved with some of the people I have in the Jaguar scene, well.. You're outlook tends to become a wee bit negative, for better or for worse.

Thumbs up to ImplantGamers for discussing Zool 2, an obscure under-the-radar Jaguar game, in a positive manner! How about a Jag game discussion every episode?

I'm really surprised we talked about Zool 2 as much as we did, because we've talked heavily about it in previous episodes (most pretty old, I will admit). As far as Jag discussion in every episode (or even talking about anything in that manner), I have the tendency to sort of wing-it each episode (I don't go in with a gameplan), so I can't guarantee how long I'd actually be able to stick with that, hehe. Doing a quick search on Kris's site though, we've apparently talked about the Jag in at least 17 episodes (maybe more, those are the ones where it was tagged), so there's at least plenty behind us. :)

• Like 1

I'm not sure how to take that comment, but hey, when you've been involved with some of the people I have in the Jaguar scene, well.. You're outlook tends to become a wee bit negative, for better or for worse.

With what was said, I am in complete ageement. I no longer subscribe to the Jaguar subforums, let's put it that way. :)

• Like 1

Stellar first episode ferg! Nothing wrong there & I hope to hear good things from you in the future!

Dont worry about NOT doing game developer interviews- seems to me other shows start to rely on them as free filler to pad their episodes. Besides, i dont listen to those segments anyway, if it doesnt interest me.

& dont be too concerned about a co-host, the Retroist & YDKF are 1-host shows that get it right.

Save the Atari Joe show for later on when youre more comfortable, I suspect that ep. will go off the rails & you'll need to regain control.

(When you do a Seaquest show, I have a good story for you)

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

Subscribed eagerly to 2600 Game by Game podcast, now on iTunes!

You go ferg! Cant wait for more! Are you starting w/ the original (numbered) 9 launch carts & going from there? So we'll be waiting awhile for the silver label carts. No problem!

Subscribed eagerly to 2600 Game by Game podcast, now on iTunes!

You go ferg! Cant wait for more! Are you starting w/ the original (numbered) 9 launch carts & going from there? So we'll be waiting awhile for the silver label carts. No problem!

Thank you so much! My original plan was only to do the Atari-produced carts, in part number order. Now my plan is to do them all, but since Atari has so many more than any other company, I'm going to do a bunch by Atari first, then start adding other companies in as I go. Some companies may only get one show, I think.
  • Like 1

Let's have that Gauntlet episode dude! "Red RJ needs podcasts badly!"

On a side note, The other day my 2 5-yr old boys & I played multiplayer PS2 Gauntlet II as a party of red, green, & blue elves. Good times!

Edited by RJ

RetroGamingRoundup Podcast 2/13 - Interview with Cheetahman 2's Greg Pabbage, Atar-Rewind takes a look at the Best Atari 2600 Game's You've Never Played, we debate the Top-10 Best classic gaming death soundbytes, news, views, and much much more! And Hookers! 7-Hours of RetroGaming Madness. Did we mention HOOKERS?

http://www.retrogami...058_2013.02.htm

Edited by Parrothead