IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Let's have that Gauntlet episode dude! "Red RJ needs podcasts badly!"

On a side note, The other day my 2 5-yr old boys & I played multiplayer PS2 Gauntlet II as a party of red, green, & blue elves. Good times!

My latest excuse: mom's staying over to help me do some home reno. I hope to finish it by this weekend. I have a hard deadline coming up due to the fact Midwest Gaming Classic is coming up.

New Retroist posted, subject 1980's HBO classic Midnight Madness, possibly my favorite movie of all time

HBO played that movie, and Modern Problems(with Chevy Chase) non-stop. HBO back in the day didn't have too many movies, so they just played the same ones over and over again(just like The Beastmaster on TBS). Didn't notice the brief cameo of a Triumph TR-7 in it. I managed to get a copy of Midnight Madness on DVD, it was a hoot to watch. It's next to my copy of Joy Sticks on DVD.

The last RGR was mostly good since they covered Capcom's Black Tiger. The news segment went off a bit. The FocusRS after-show was interesting since it had no swearing in it. Heh.

Ferghead got episode 2(Combat) out already. Great news.

I'm 2/3rds the way through recordin'. Less than 3 weeks into MGC so the fire has been lit underneath me.

Even after a lengthly listen yesterday, I have about 16 hours of podcasting to enjoy ahead of me. Lots of episodes popping up.

it is a perfect representative of the late 70's/early 80's... warts and all, and I love it

What gets me is the discoy theme song. In 1980, that seems really dated. I have a bunch of new wave music from 1980 that makes that theme song seem ancient, and yet they were made the same time.

1980-1990, holy crap did things change.

that also shows you how disco really was a flash in the pan. it was only really super relevant for three or four years tops. as an adult, four years flies by painfully quick.

and a 1980 release probably meant the film was written/produced/shot in 78 and 79.

the retroist said it better, but the movie really does feel like a bridge between the 70s and the 80s... Michael J Fox and Paul Ruebens

and how can anyone hate a movie with a Death Race arcade machine in it

• Like 1

One of MattChat's videos got a chuckle from me. He did a 3 minute Kickstarter parody video for yet another video game. Basically lampooning all the videos he's done before involving games backed by Kickstarter projects.

I saw Matt's video too. It was hysterical.

I saw Matt's video too. It was hysterical.

I just realized what i posted. Matt doesn't do Kickstarter videos for games, he just interviews the people behind said videos. While i haven't watched many, his satire was spot on.

Video podcast review quickie

Lazy Games Reviewer(?) He does 3-10 minute video reviews of older PC games. Really well done. Doesn't go too long that it bores you, doesn't go too short that it misses things. Has humor in it. His last video was about the game System Shock. Hard to believe that deep game came out less than a year after Doom 1.