IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Well I finally got my poorly-researched, barely-mixed, heavily delayed, corners cut podcast episode about Gauntlet out. Somehow it manages to be 50 minutes of derp. Maybe I'm not cut out for podcasting when I get episodes out every 4 months. 4 months is equivalent to about 28 hours of Retrogaming Roundup footage. Or maybe I've got other business to attend to in life, like that whole "being single for almost 5 years" thing.

I liked it! & hey a Waitresses song I never heard!

Glad you liked it. I think I spent more time waiting for operations to complete in Audacity(on a new laptop) than actually talking. Operations are agonizingly slow in that program. I was told to bring down the default sampling rate and that should fix it.

Video podcast review quickie

Lazy Games Reviewer(?) He does 3-10 minute video reviews of older PC games. Really well done. Doesn't go too long that it bores you, doesn't go too short that it misses things. Has humor in it. His last video was about the game System Shock. Hard to believe that deep game came out less than a year after Doom 1.

I'm not quite following what you mean by "video podcast" quickie.. Are you just talking about YouTube videos? There aren't too many "podcasts" there in the traditional sense.

Anyway, LGR (Lazy Game Reviews) is great! His reviews typically fall in-line with what you saw in that review. He does popular games (like the Sim City series), but he also does obscure games as well. I've been watching his reviews for a couple of years now. It's good stuff!

I'm not quite following what you mean by "video podcast" quickie.. Are you just talking about YouTube videos? There aren't too many "podcasts" there in the traditional sense.

I'm subscribed to LGR via iTunes, and all of his content is video. He probably has a YouTube account, but that's the circuit I go through to see his stuff.

I'm subscribed to LGR via iTunes, and all of his content is video. He probably has a YouTube account, but that's the circuit I go through to see his stuff.

Ah, okay, I didn't realize YouTube content was syndicated elsewhere (ala iTunes). Unless he is using something like Blip.TV to do it. Hm, either way, that's interesting. :)

Should the above say consoleculture.podbean.com rather than podpean.com? just checking.

I dont listen to/subscribe to VideoGame Rescue (is that co-host still on there?) so I wouldnt have known about the new show, proving this thread does some good & serves a purpose...just in case anyone doubted it. ;)

Interesting...AllGen Gamers is looking for feedback on their podcast...but the link is to their forums & I suspect you'd have to sign up/be a member. I wouldnt take the time.

"LESS YOUTUBE TALK! MORE GAMING TALK!"

Maybe Metal Jesus will see this & pass it on.

Edited by RJ

http://www.nowyoureplayingwith.com/now-youre-playing-with-podcast-episode-16-hexadecathlon-2013/

Now You're Playing with Podcast Episode 16 - Hexadecathlon 2013

8 person Roundtable discussion on the 16 games of Hexadecathlon 2013

Burgertime - Intellivision

Jumpman Junior - Colecovision

Girl's Garden - SG 1000

Qix - NES

Outrun - Genesis

Donkey Kong Country Competition - SNES

Tempest 2000 - Jaguar

Typing of the Dead - Dreamcast

We <3 Katamari - Playstation 2

Firepower (pinball) - Wii

Tank! Tank! Tank! - WiiU

Buzz! - Playstation 3

Windjammers - Neo Geo CD

Sonic 2 - Genesis

Smithereens! - Odyssey 2

Warlords - 2600

Thanks to Nick Persijn for the custom Jaguar Spinner controller! buy his stuff on Game Gavel

http://www.gamegavel.com/sites/freshstart719/

• Like 2

We submitted to apple on thursday, ill post here if/when i am able to subscribe to it on itunes

Should be up in a couple of weeks. It's not the world's fastest process. However, their support is excellent at getting things working, should you run into a hitch.

Taito's Colony 7 on No Quarter this week. You can play it on Taito Legends, & if you dont have that, you're not a gamer. Sadly, Gamestop has these arcade compilations sitting unloved & forgotten on their shelves. Buy one wont you?

I Facebook commented to NQ their choices are getting reall obscure- not a problem though. Any arcade talk is welcome. Im getting regular mentions on their show. It's fun to hear your name on a podcast. :)

I Facebook commented to NQ their choices are getting reall obscure- not a problem though. Any arcade talk is welcome. Im getting regular mentions on their show. It's fun to hear your name on a podcast. :)

Isn't it fun getting namedropped on podcasts? I think I've hit several now. It's easy when you are the only one leaving feedback on their podcast, a la Well-Versed in the Classics. I was creepin' on your FB and of course saw references to roller derby. UGH. I can't get away from it!