IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

http://www.nbc.com/community/video/gi-jeff/2767559

off-off topic, I dont watch a lot of TV, but my wife pointed out this recent episode of community that was an adult episode of GI Joe

I watched it, and it was easily the best episode of the entire series. They got everything right(within reason). There was even hairs & dust on the film. The toy commercials were spot-on accurate. They blended the actual GI Joe cartoon with Community. A must-watch.

• Like 1

For the 80s Cartoon Podcast, ehh some criticisms & observations:

1. The short episode length hurts it. With some of these cartoons, there was plenty of ground to cover for some. 30 minutes isn't enough for Transformers or GI Joe. With that in mind, they just focused on 1 or 2 episodes, which sometimes are not researched. At least they referenced "There's No Place like Springfield" GI Joe episode, easily one of the most bizarre(but best) episodes.

2. Their theme song needs to go. It hurts to listen to.

3. Hollow-ish audio. "in a room" quality.

Final grade: C-

Will still listen to the rest of the episodes I downloaded(M.A.S.K, Go-Bots, Visionaries, etc).

I was just catching up on some episodes of The Retro League (episode 223 with Dubstepdad guesting), and Hugh started talking about "The Old School Wrestling Podcast" that he'd recently gotten into.

All I can say is thanks for the warning of what NOT to put in the search box of iTunes! Dodged a bullet there!

Revised grade for '80s Cartoon Podcast: D- . Way too much hootin' & hollerin'. Main topic doesn't even get discussed until 20 minutes into a 30 minute podcast. They often get information about the episode topic entirely wrong, as if they never did any research. The theme song gets on my nerves.

This is like an opposite-world Retroist.

• Like 1

Do you listen to Cartoon Retrocast? I've only heard one, but I enjoyed it very much. The hosts are a bit younger than me, so a lot of the shows they do are ones I didn't watch. There's a few for the fogies though.

Not yet, but I'm hoping it's better than the 80s Cartoon Retrocast.

Kris and I have continued to push back the recording of our next episode (I think it's been a month now since we last recorded? Maybe longer). My pinball machines have mostly gotten in the way for me, so you can blame them. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will have another recording session, possibly next Tuesday.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. :)

Not that anyone here noticed, but no new Arcade Outsiders this week. Last week, local co-host Phet got fed up & hung up in disgust. & I cant see their KLOV thread since now they make you pay to join AND lurk.

Ooohh drama drama!

• Like 1

Not that anyone here noticed, but no new Arcade Outsiders this week. Last week, local co-host Phet got fed up & hung up in disgust. & I cant see their KLOV thread since now they make you pay to join AND lurk.

Ooohh drama drama!

Wait, they are charging just to see their THREAD?! Or are you referring to the donation to access KLOV itself? I have no problem with supporting KLOV (and I do), but a thread for a constantly off the rails podcast? I don't think so...

• Like 1