IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Wait, they are charging just to see their THREAD?! Or are you referring to the donation to access KLOV itself? I have no problem with supporting KLOV (and I do), but a thread for a constantly off the rails podcast? I don't think so...

Somethingawful.com charges to post on their board, and I think that was to keep the riffraff out. But they don't charge to read it. A little odd KLOV does that. I don't think their webhosting bills would cost that much.

A few years ago KLOV was getting so many spam accounts that they switched to a new system. You either had to pay to get an account ($1, I think, maybe more) or you had to have somebody vouch for you. I had let my account expire and so I applied for a new one and both had someone vouch AND paid the money and it still took a month to get someone's attention and get validated. I have also noticed occasionally that when searching KLOV, if I am not logged in, I will randomly get a Google survey or something to complete.

What Flack said.

Awhile back, even prior to the AO podcast, I was considering joining KLOV, but figured the price of admission wasn't worth throwing myself to the lions. It really seems to be quite the boys' club over there; feels like you need to "fit in" to really be considered a member.

More recently I'd lurk & check their podcast thread, just to see what they were talking about at times, but then a survey would pop up & block my view, & I decided it wasnt worth my time.

Have you listened to my 3D Tic Tac Toe/Stellar Track episode? :-D

Yes, and you swore zero times nor grossed me out. And more importantly, no Bobcat Golthwaite impersonator(joke is tired by now) and no meaningless bell that goes off every 3 minutes.

• Like 1

Yes, and you swore zero times nor grossed me out. And more importantly, no Bobcat Golthwaite impersonator(joke is tired by now) and no meaningless bell that goes off every 3 minutes.

<SARCASM>

Hmmm... a meaningless bell that goes off every 3 minutes... BRILLIANT! That's just what I need to put The Intellivisionaries over the top! Only I'll use the Intellivision 'RAZZ' sound. That won't be annoying at all!

</SARCASM>

• Like 3

<SARCASM>

Hmmm... a meaningless bell that goes off every 3 minutes... BRILLIANT! That's just what I need to put The Intellivisionaries over the top! Only I'll use the Intellivision 'RAZZ' sound. That won't be annoying at all!

</SARCASM>

How about an hourly chime? "At the beep, you have been listening for....4... hours..". You can sync work schedules to it. :)

• Like 2

Thanks, Chris. I am now publicly blaming you and S1500 in advance for additional delays in getting episode 8 out. All complaints should be directed to them.

Now where did I put my Type & Tell cart... Odyssey 2! We have work to do! (Hey, that rhymed)

• Like 1

I got a real good shout out on NQ again, the Joust episode. They liked the video I sent 'em for some anmiated short that played on HBO.

Yeah, I just listened to that today. You're getting name dropped everywhere, S! ..even in the upcoming Intellivisionaries episode 8.

Just ask Chris Bidwell..

Edited by nurmix
  • Like 1

Ugh, I just realized I must have deleted the NQ show by mistake instead of just the episode, now I am 2 behind. I listen to too many podcasts and I don't notice sometimes. Does that ever happen to you guys?

What do you use for listening, Ferg? I use Downcast on my iPhone. It does a fine job of organizing and keeping all my shows up to date. You aren't a 'smartphone' fan though, right?

What do you use for listening, Ferg? I use Downcast on my iPhone. It does a fine job of organizing and keeping all my shows up to date. You aren't a 'smartphone' fan though, right?

No, I just don't have one. I'm still using iTunes 9 with my iPod Classic. I delete the shows manually after I listen, sometimes I click on the show header by mistake and delete the whole shebang. I think I can set it to automatically delete after listening, I should try that.

Ferg I agree w/ you on the Flag Capture "find the flag" noise- it's unsettling since its partly the standard VCS "razz" or bad/negative noise. Always wondered why something like a series of happy dings or the 1st part of "Charge!!!" wasnt used.

• Like 1

How about an hourly chime? "At the beep, you have been listening for....4... hours..". You can sync work schedules to it. :)

Episode 8 of The Intellivisionaries is up... And, as you requested, S1500, it has an hourly "time tracking" feature.