IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Coast2Coast Pinball is interviewing one of the guys from the classic pinball 'cast "TOPCast". Some other old-school pin podcasts were referenced that apparently got mean-spirited in their content. Someone named Gary? Can't be found on the Internet(they aren't archived). Those would be a hoot to listen to.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but....

I've recently been able to listen to listen to music at my new job, and I started checking out some podcasts this week. So far I've done a history one (since my training is as a Historian) and also checked out a Atari 2600 and Intelivision podcast. And while they are fun, I grew up on the NES, SNES, and C64 and would like to find some podcasts for them.

Any suggestions for good podcast episodes that have covered one of these three systems?

Anyone familiar wih the author Arcade Outsiders mention at 11:30 in? KLOV forum ID "Gozer", name Sean/Shawn Newton. According to them he wrote a couple books on arcade games/collecting, maybe interesting reads.

My ipod wont let me look anything up on this subject.

The TC Media Now(a 'cast RJ and I listen to) is now talking about the ET cart dig. Either podcast content can bleed into each other on one's iPod, or the ET dig is big news.

We'll soon find out if the TC Media Now hosts somehow manage to drop a Final Fantasy reference when talking about radio announcers in the 1960s.

The Pac Man episode of 2600GBG was fun. It was worthy of being its own episode(no 2nd game) and being longer than usual. Also, the Weird Al song was a hoot. With so many copes of Pac Man sold, so many memories were made, whether one thinks the game is good or bad. A cultural phenomenon indeed.

• Like 3

Going to make changes to the ColecoVisions Podcast show based on feedback I have been getting. What would you like to see different? Open to any constructive feedback :). so here is your chance to help improve the show and bash the heck out of me :)

Things I am thinking of doing:

1. Get rid of the host to host challenge and change it to only report what our personal high score was on the game, but also invite the listeners to post their high score and what they liked and did not like about the game to read on the show.

2. Craigslist search - gone, just maybe report the most interesting item we found on craigslist during the month and talk about it a little.

3. Summarize our retro finds to just talk about the most interesting items we found between shows and not go over each and every one (I typically get quite a bit of stuff during my travels around the USA, not all is worth talking about)

We have another big change comming to the show as well, which I will leave as a surprise :)

Edited by thevnaguy

I would say for ColecoVisions, give an opportunity to introduce a new podcaster as a co-host. Someone who hasn't 'casted before, is into CV and wants to.

added to the list :) I like it!

The show is going to have 3 main hosts now, but getting a 4th guest host on to talk about their colecovision experience and the topics we are covering that episode is a very good idea.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but....

I've recently been able to listen to listen to music at my new job, and I started checking out some podcasts this week. So far I've done a history one (since my training is as a Historian) and also checked out a Atari 2600 and Intelivision podcast. And while they are fun, I grew up on the NES, SNES, and C64 and would like to find some podcasts for them.

Any suggestions for good podcast episodes that have covered one of these three systems?

Several episodes of You Don't Know Flack cover Commodore-related topics.

http://podcast.robohara.com

Also, Sprite Castle is a podcast dedicated to covering Commodore 64 games.

http://www.SpriteCastle.com

• Like 1

My iPad won't download the podcasts that are over a year old (I think that's the limits) so how do I get them? There's a retro gaming podcast that is numbered now in the 50s, but I wanted to start with episode 1...I can't go below the 40s to listen.

Your best bet is probably to go to the podcast's web page and get them there.

• Like 1

That one flew past me, I have never heard of her. That was all Steve.

Look for the "let's go to the mall" music video. It's all sorts of late-80s goodness.

I got the Poochie reference. That could be applied to a lot of failures in products we've seen over the years(not just video games).

• Like 1

oh dear lord...

please tell me this is a parody

ok, once the Prime Minister came in that confirmed it for me. But before irony was invented in 1991, it was hard to tell.

edit: i read that this was a character on the show How I Met Your Mother.

Meta-comedy: CATCH IT!!

Edited by chrisbid
  • Like 1