IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

6 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

And it wont be until I can get into my rogers account, someone hacked into my Facebook account and I am having problems getting in to my Rogers accounts to change the port forwarding. Until that happens the BBS will be down. Sorry for the inconvenience

PS: If anyone gets a FB message from me , saying that my sister is dying and I need $50, ignore it, its not me, my FB account was hacked, and I don't have a sister.

Update: Port 1987 is online, ports 1986 and 1988 are still down at spynet.ddns.net

On 3/19/2023 at 5:32 PM, Alfred said:

So for those running a BBS, who runs BBS Express Pro! ? And just in general, who runs a telephone line bbs and who runs a TCP/IP bbs, either via Altirra or a Lantronics or similar device ?

There is a list of Atari BBSs at http://www.sfhqbbs.org/ataribbslist.php

You might find a more helpful community there as many of them have abandoned AtariAge for various reasons.

It should be up and running now, I was working on the Multi User part, that took time..... I have to make a way for the FXEP program to run the backup module every time a user logs off, easy enough to do but without running the backup module multiple times into infinity, also the program must not screw up any data.

On 3/21/2023 at 5:51 AM, rcamp48 said:

Until my FB account is fixed , this will be the only way to get ahold of me other than email, messenger is also down at my end. 

Russ

What's the hold up in getting your account fixed? Meanwhile "Ashley Aubra Jones" is posting T&A all over your profile. ;-)

-JP

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Not sure what you're asking. "Ashley Aubra Jones" posted her assets on Russ' FB page next to Russ' pictures of Jesus. I can look at pictures of her, then glance over at Jesus and ask for forgiveness. It's a nice set up actually.  ;-)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JohnPolka said:

Not sure what you're asking. "Ashley Aubra Jones" posted her assets on Russ' FB page next to Russ' pictures of Jesus. I can look at pictures of her, then glance over at Jesus and ask for forgiveness. It's a nice set up actually.  ;-)

I'm not on Facebook, so I miss all the fun.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tillek said:

There is a list of Atari BBSs at http://www.sfhqbbs.org/ataribbslist.php

You might find a more helpful community there as many of them have abandoned AtariAge for various reasons.

I looked at that list and what I found interesting is all the Pro! boards are old, version 2.1a. Nobody seems to be running 5.0 or the 7.0.

I now have a working copy of initbbs in multi user format, next is the valdator program, i use the variables F$="D1:PASS>",Cfile$ for each instance of  xxxx.dat. xxxx being pas, config , etc. The program is being worked on a working copy of forem xep. 

I will release a working copy of all of fxeps support programs plus an atr of the master programs plus data. This will be released as a fully working bbs, password files are stored in one root directory plus 16 sub directories. I will leave the actual coding of port numbers to someone else. Configuring of the pw$ variables is needed. Maybe they can be changed to pw1$ , pw2$, etc and will take a lot of programming work ie: a separate variable for each node in Altirra, up to 16 nodes are planned per computer.

Russ

2 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

I now have a working copy of initbbs in multi user format, next is the valdator program, i use the variables F$="D1:PASS>",Cfile$ for each instance of  xxxx.dat. xxxx being pas, config , etc. The program is being worked on a working copy of forem xep. 

I will release a working copy of all of fxeps support programs plus an atr of the master programs plus data. This will be released as a fully working bbs, password files are stored in one root directory plus 16 sub directories. I will leave the actual coding of port numbers to someone else. Configuring of the pw$ variables is needed. Maybe they can be changed to pw1$ , pw2$, etc and will take a lot of programming work ie: a separate variable for each node in Altirra, up to 16 nodes are planned per computer.

Russ

Will you be doing a live stream of this BBS in action?

8 hours ago, Amis said:

Just curious if the difference pre-post sale of the software?

Probably. As the doctor mentions above there’s the BC (Before Carden) era which I guess is 2.1. I see in the code it looks for a version 3 as well. I’m not familiar with the history of Pro, so I don’t know what’s the last version Keith did. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Probably. As the doctor mentions above there’s the BC (Before Carden) era which I guess is 2.1. I see in the code it looks for a version 3 as well. I’m not familiar with the history of Pro, so I don’t know what’s the last version Keith did. 

Version 2.1a was the last version released by Orion Microsystems (Keith Ledbetter and Chris King's company). My step dad (who ran Part-Time BBS node x7) and myself (Basement BBS node x127), did not upgrade past version 2.1a.

-JP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JohnPolka said:

Version 2.1a was the last version released by Orion Microsystems (Keith Ledbetter and Chris King's company). My step dad (who ran Part-Time BBS node x7) and myself (Basement BBS node x127), did not upgrade past version 2.1a.

-JP

I see. I wonder why Carden jumped to v5, or were there other versions he produced? Anyway, I have produced a fully binary compatible version of the bbs resident kernel. Been testing it last couple of days, and I haven’t found any problems so far with the few modules I have tried. At some point I will make it available to any Pro sysops that are interested.

• Like 2

I now have a test version of the Multi-User Forem XEP, note that he only wo programs in this ATR that are presently working is the BBS itself, and the Initbbs program, these two programs have a .MOD extension on them as they are modified from Amis' original version. All credit still goes to Amis, I have upped the version number to 5.5M as it is a major change with all of the multi-user support added , and the M stands for Multi-User.

This version is designed for Altirra, maybe with the Emulated Black Box? 

How about it bf2k+ ??? Are you up to writing Black Box support into the program, your Multi User support is there , one D1:PASS> directory, 16 Nodexx Subdirectories , each one will have a pas.dat, pas.idx, and config.dat when you run the Initbbs program.

Later on tonight I will start modifying the Valdator program.

Russ

FoReM XEP Multi User Test Version Master.atr