IGNORED

Ultimate1MB preorder starts

candle

Chear or Pro?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PCB be PRO?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

HELP+RESET won't affect blackbox operation, and the same functionality you have by pressing C while in ultimate config menu

so all that would change for you is that you have one key to press more to get what you want

there is always some key that is already taken by another expansion or version of os, so its very hard for me to get something that does not collide with anything else

if this is just about cold boot, then its not an issue, since ultimate setup is providing such feature anyways

Ah... but I thought that HELP + RESET is the way of getting in the Ultimate Config menu...

Isn't there a chance that the BlackBox will take this over, and simply will perform a cold boot, so the Ultimate Config menu will never be reached?

Or is there another way of getting into the Ultimate Config menu?

Thanks

M>

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any news about the estimated shipping date?

Seconded! Poor Phil's 800XL is about to celebrate its first year in my care. I may make it a cake! :D

I can't remember how many Birthdays my 600xl has missed whilst being at Candles house :-o :party: :ponder:

Jon, are you a good cook, besides beeing a good musician and a good programmer?

In that case I should arrange a trip to England!

I imagine quite an appalling cook, Phil, although I have hardly tried. I recall making bacon and eggs for my wife in 2008... In any case she works at Sainsbury's the food retailer, so she should be able to obtain a sponge cake large enough for one candle (no pun intended).

Nevertheless, should you find yourself in the vicinity, please drop in. Perhaps the 800XL will be ready for collection by then. :)

I can't remember how many Birthdays my 600xl has missed whilst being at Candles house :-o :party: :ponder:

Hopefully the longer it spends there, the more goodies are added! :D

I don't understand all the fun you guys are making. The only thing I know that it stays silent about this subject all the time, and that I simply want to know how things are going. That is pretty normal. I am really interested in it, and candle already told about 2 weeks ago he was going to do some shipping at tuesday october 11th.

As you all could have read I'm ok with the fact that this project takes time (ofcourse it does), and I would accept it when candles sais: shipping July 1st 2012. Ok with that.

But as written above: I'm excited about this, and I want to know how things are going; and I would like to know what I can expect.

For everyone here: have fun with all the jokes. In the meantime I hope candle will reply how things are going, and when I can expect my order :D

Edited by Marius1976

Please - maintain your sense of humour, as I know Sebastian will. I find the situation of having someone's 800XL in my cupboard waiting for upgrades for a year quite amusing (as - fortunately - does its owner), and no lack of respect for or impatience with Candle is implied by our friendly jokes.

Edited by flashjazzcat

Hi Marius

Drac030 found his computer to act interminient after adding ultimate1mb - to be exact problem is only with ide+ interface, apart from that it works as it should (his computer)

there are 4 beta testers with ide+ interfaces

2 of them (Trub, Stryker) didn't report anything unusual with it, other two (Drac030 and Seban) reported some interminent problems when and only when on IDE+ setup screen

i don't have ide+ interface myself, but as it was sold to many users here on atariage, i don't want to send something that might be a problem

if that turns to be ide+ problem, then its his author to worry about, if its something about ultimate - i would rather fix it before i'll ship it out

Marius, I undertand your great desire to have the board, specially because now you have free time.

In particular I think you would like to know when Ultimate1MB will be shipped.

Sebastian will surely reply but I think he really doesn't know because he wants to make thorough tests.

What we've written in previous posts seems a joke but it's true.

Ten months ago I sent my 800XL to Jon who kindly made various upgrades to it (kjmann s-video, wolfram stereo) and made a good keyboard out of two.

I decided to leave it to Jon to install Sebastian's upgrade, expected in June if I'm not wrong.

Is it also true that it would be nice to meet various AA members all around the word, even if they are not good cooks!

Unfortunately now I am very sedentary...

Is it also true that it would be nice to meet various AA members all around the word, even if they are not good cooks!

Unfortunately now I am very sedentary...

Same here, Phil - I'm not a great traveller. I couldn't even make it down to London to see Zaxon a couple of weeks back (although mainly through a lack of funds). I've been lucky enough to meet Wrathchild and Spookt - both excellent guys!

Hello Philsan, guys (and girls of course)

You can meet a lot of people at the Fujiama meeting next summer in Germany. And coming november, there's the SillyVenture in Poland.

Mathy

Same here, Phil - I'm not a great traveller. I couldn't even make it down to London to see Zaxon a couple of weeks back (although mainly through a lack of funds). I've been lucky enough to meet Wrathchild and Spookt - both excellent guys!
I managed to get down to London to see Zaxon a couple of years ago which was great, the 400 odd mile round trip was well worth it even though we have the second most expensive petrol on earth :woozy:

There's also the large Replay event in Blackpool coming around again in a couple of weeks too btw.

I´m going to the 8 Bit Lounge in Birmingham in November by car. Will be a 2000km round trip, but I´m sure it will be worth every single meter. Fuck the petrol prices. And thanks to my Ex-girlfriend for leaving me, giving me the freedom to do so (and having much more space for my computers now :-) ).

• Like 1

I´m going to the 8 Bit Lounge in Birmingham in November by car. Will be a 2000km round trip, but I´m sure it will be worth every single meter. Fuck the petrol prices. And thanks to my Ex-girlfriend for leaving me, giving me the freedom to do so (and having much more space for my computers now :-) ).

:thumbsup: way to go!

Out of curiosity, do all 4 tester have the same hardware configurations? Common thread(s) between 2 "ok" and 2 "not ok?"

-Larry

Hi Marius

Drac030 found his computer to act interminient after adding ultimate1mb - to be exact problem is only with ide+ interface, apart from that it works as it should (his computer)

there are 4 beta testers with ide+ interfaces

2 of them (Trub, Stryker) didn't report anything unusual with it, other two (Drac030 and Seban) reported some interminent problems when and only when on IDE+ setup screen

i don't have ide+ interface myself, but as it was sold to many users here on atariage, i don't want to send something that might be a problem

if that turns to be ide+ problem, then its his author to worry about, if its something about ultimate - i would rather fix it before i'll ship it out

• 2 weeks later...