IGNORED

Forum Upgrade (mostly) Complete!

Albert

The old skin is back. But as said, needs plenty of tweaks. I'll stick on one of the defaults for now, give it a little while to air the kinks out. But it's good to see the old one back...

Well, the only "default" skins are the "IP.Board" and "IP.Board Mobile" skins. The others are all commercial skins that I purchased. The AtariAge skin doesn't have any major issues I'm aware of, except for the Gallery and Blog modules (Blog works fine, is a bit ugly, Gallery is broken). I've been using it all day without issues. If you see specific elements you're not happy with, please let me know as they may not be on my list.

Thanks,

..Al

Yes, can you cite specific examples? Also would help to know what web browser you're using.

I'm using Camino 2.0.6 (OS X). I was just wondering if the text in the forum index, the new content index, and my content index could be bumped up a bit in size. It would be easier on my eyes, and perhaps more aesthetically pleasing, if it were a point or two larger. Also, the custom status text might look better a point or two larger as well.

I'm using Camino 2.0.6 (OS X). I was just wondering if the text in the forum index, the new content index, and my content index could be bumped up a bit in size. It would be easier on my eyes, and perhaps more aesthetically pleasing, if it were a point or two larger. Also, the custom status text might look better a point or two larger as well.

Agreed on all of these, I'll make sure they are increased in size.

Thanks,

..Al

• Like 2

Agreed on all of these, I'll make sure they are increased in size.

Excellent! Thanks.

Well, the only "default" skins are the "IP.Board" and "IP.Board Mobile" skins. The others are all commercial skins that I purchased. The AtariAge skin doesn't have any major issues I'm aware of, except for the Gallery and Blog modules (Blog works fine, is a bit ugly, Gallery is broken). I've been using it all day without issues. If you see specific elements you're not happy with, please let me know as they may not be on my list.

Didn't realise there, I've been using the Deflection skin since the upgrade. I will say the forum description text for the AtariAge skin could probably do with a point or so increase in size. Aside from that, it all looks fine :)

Edited by Mayhem

Yay! It looks like AtariAge again! :D

After some of the text around the forums is enlarged, it will look just like it used to. Well, almost. Remember when our signatures weren't right up against our messages? There was some blank space between the message and the line above the signature, kind of like this:

After some of the text around the forums is enlarged, it will look just like it used to. Well, almost. Remember when our signatures weren't right up against our messages? There was some blank space between the message and the line above the signature, kind of like this:

This is on the list of things to fix.

..Al

• Like 1

I didn't realize you added the Atariage skin until now. When I switch it over it was like having a chocolate bar for the first time in months. :) Thanks a million.

Albert, some people are still having trouble PMing me but others are not. Candlew just said he tried to PM me and he got an error.

Allan

Albert, some people are still having trouble PMing me but others are not. Candlew just said he tried to PM me and he got an error.

I need some details about the error--can you ask someone to take a screenshot so I can submit a support ticket to Invision (and/or investigate it myself)?

Thanks,

..Al

The AtariAge skin looks nice. :) I did notice one thing. The link icons to go to the previous or next page in a thread don't have arrows. They are just straight lines. I can't remember if this is how it used to be or not. If it is intentional, then it's fine with me.

EDIT: I see now that this is just a problem for my browser (SeaMonkey 2.0.13). So forget about it.

post-19265-0-91358900-1302618781_thumb.png

Edited by dwane413

Re - the popup showing first post in a thread when you hover...

I've made my mind up - don't like it. It's just annoying when you want to open an existing thread when new content is in there. The only time it's useful is for a thread you've never viewed before and even then it's questionable.

Would be real nice to be able to turn the feature off, or at least limit it to threads you've never opened before.

Re - the popup showing first post in a thread when you hover...

I've made my mind up - don't like it. It's just annoying when you want to open an existing thread when new content is in there. The only time it's useful is for a thread you've never viewed before and even then it's questionable.

Would be real nice to be able to turn the feature off, or at least limit it to threads you've never opened before.

Seconded - I really dislike this feature. I hated it when Google did it and since they don't allow you to turn it off, I use an Ad Block filter to prevent them :)