IGNORED

IDE Plus 2.0 - new IDE host adapter

drac030

Hi there!

Today I did a a sector-by-sector clone from my SanDisk Compact Flash using Acronis TrueImage. I was using a USB2IDE Bridge.

When I finished the Recovery the second SanDisk (exactly the same type of flash disk) was not bootable and did not seem to work. Fdisk2 recognized the partitions, but otherwise I could not get the clone to work.

What would be a different approach to clone a disk? I'm suspecting Acronis TrueImage a bit.

greetings,

twh

I was not aware that Acronis True Image could do a real sector copy, but I've been using Version 11 with XP for several years. I'll check the newer version -- 13 now, I think.

Anyway, it sounds like what you need is "HDClone" by Miray Software. It is the only true sector copier that I am aware of for a Windows PC. Best of all, the truly FREE version should do what you want!

Check it out!

-Larry

• 9 months later...

IDE+2.0 BIOS update: http://drac030.krap.pl/en-kmkjz-pliki.php

Apologies for not fixing the problem reported by Larry and ProWizard, with MAC/65 cart crashing. But there is some progress: I have reproduced the problem. It only seems to occur when SDX switch is set to off, but I have no idea why. Warm reset sometimes makes MAC/65 responsive after that, which is odd.

Edited by drac030

Out of idle curiosity: although it can be done, why would one wish to format an external partition SDFS?

The reason I did this (and I am still having issues with the external partition) is because despite the fact I formatted that FAT partition in Windows and copied some files to it when I am booting the Atari with FATFS.SYS I am getting "Unknown file system" error when I try to access the external partition. I was able to set this up properly before, I am not sure why I am having problems now :?

Edited by atari8warez

atariwarez: open the offending partition in Eddy, sector 1, and, if possible, make a photo of the screen so that the contents of the sector 1 (i.e. the numbers) are clearly visible. It is enough to show first 256 bytes. I can then find out why the driver is rejecting that partition.

Edited by drac030

atariwarez: open the offending partition in Eddy, sector 1, and, if possible, make a photo of the screen so that the contents of the sector 1 (i.e. the numbers) are clearly visible. It is enough to show first 256 bytes. I can then find out why the driver is rejecting that partition.

Ok, I checked the size when I was creating the external reference to FAT and seen that it has 35536 sectors. I guess that's the problem, FDISK defaults to that number of sectors if one enters 32MB when creating the FAT partition, but I will do what you asked as well.

Edited by atari8warez