IGNORED

IDE Plus 2.0 - preorder starts today

drac030

Indeed, and only a select handful of esteemed Atari peripheral manufacturers are Ass-Rig™ registered. To gain membership of this elite group is no small feat. However, I don't think the IDE Plus 2.0 qualifies...

My old 800XL from "back in the day" definitely qualifies - I'm ashamed to show what's left of it.

Indeed, and only a select handful of esteemed Atari peripheral manufacturers are Ass-Rig™ registered. To gain membership of this elite group is no small feat. However, I don't think the IDE Plus 2.0 qualifies...

My old 800XL from "back in the day" definitely qualifies - I'm ashamed to show what's left of it.

pics or it didnt happen :'D

sloopy.

maybe the second shipment i will get joy :'(

sloopy.

Same - I am not on the initial list. No matter - it will be here soon enough.

You would be on the initial list, if I had your shipping address. :)

I asked you about it by the PM.

Edited by Simius

sloopy.

its all good, i am just bustin orphs stones...

sloopy.

Shipping started. Actual status here

Thanks to GoodByteXL and Wolfgang Burger of ABBUC who both did a brilliant job collecting orders from ABBUC members and handle them, I (and many other ABBUC members in Germany) got the Interface today. :-)

It is really made in perfect quality. Will post pictures when I got it running (have to do some other things first, to many other computers on the table right now... ;-) ).

Thanks for this great device!

The "assrig" designation is not a "certification" of any type.. It was simply meant to serve as a warning against items that were poorly designed..

I'm discontinuing the ass-rig classification however, because everything in this forum that is ill-concieved, useless, or rediculous in nature (or just generally based on utter crap) has already been conveniently branded with this designation:

post-8775-0-38086400-1306588538_thumb.jpg

So there is no further need for the "ass-rig" designation, and it is hereby retired.

sloopy.

Hmm - I know I replied. I'll send again.

*** EDIT ***

My apologies - it was the SIC cart order I replied to. I guess it's a good thing that I am getting so much new Atari stuff at the same time, it's hard to keep track of it all!

Hi

The device is being discussed here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/179271-ide-plus-20-new-ide-host-adapter/

The designer (simius) has asked me to open a preorder thread. The price is 68 USD + 10 USD shipping. The payment should be done in advance via Paypal. Just please remember that it is not me who is accepting payments, so please contact simius for details.

Making an order, please provide information if you want connect the device to XL using a ribbon cable. These devices will be equipped with a right-angle connector and a cable.

Is registration closed?. If even I have a chance I would buy one with XL ribbon connector. Is it even possible?. Thanks.

I´m not used to MyDos or Sparta DOS, so I´m not sure having really 16MB partitions (shows 0708 Free Sectors), but everything went fine and I had no problems copying files to the hard drive and boot from it. Plug and Play. :-)

Some pics:

post-21666-0-05719800-1306615673_thumb.jpg

post-21666-0-74858900-1306615699_thumb.jpg

post-21666-0-18038600-1306615711_thumb.jpg

post-21666-0-17175400-1306616020_thumb.jpg

post-21666-0-96595100-1306616078_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The "assrig" designation is not a "certification" of any type.. It was simply meant to serve as a warning against items that were poorly designed..

I'm discontinuing the ass-rig classification however, because everything in this forum that is ill-concieved, useless, or rediculous in nature (or just generally based on utter crap) has already been conveniently branded with this designation:

post-8775-0-38086400-1306588538_thumb.jpg

So there is no further need for the "ass-rig" designation, and it is hereby retired.

Without saying a single word of discourse or implying anything, watch as MEtalGuy66 reflects on his own words. One should always aspire to do the right thing.

post-27823-0-65951700-1306618962_thumb.jpg

Nice pics, but why on earth would you plug that in "inappropriately?" ;)

-Larry

I´m not used to MyDos or Sparta DOS, so I´m not sure having really 16MB partitions (shows 0708 Free Sectors), but everything went fine and I had no problems copying files to the hard drive and boot from it. Plug and Play. :-)

Some pics:

(snip...)

To be honest Marius I would tend to agree with Ken here. Why Fibrewire felt the need to post a picture from the Wikipedia page on the Qur'an is beyond me. If I upset him will he feel the need to post the frontispiece from the King James Bible since I'm a Christian?

Using religion or someone's personal beliefs in a discussion that had nothing to do with those topics is wrong IMHO.

• Like 1

Agreed. On the other hand, I search in vain through this entire thread for any PRIOR contribution - "ill-conceived, useless or ridiculous" or otherwise - from Fibrewire. Certainly some kind of retort was to be expected.

Edited by flashjazzcat

To be honest Marius I would tend to agree with Ken here. Why Fibrewire felt the need to post a picture from the Wikipedia page on the Qur'an is beyond me. If I upset him will he feel the need to post the frontispiece from the King James Bible since I'm a Christian?

Using religion or someone's personal beliefs in a discussion that had nothing to do with those topics is wrong IMHO.

Hehe I did not put a name in my post. Perhaps I meant YOU... yes YOU Paul!!!!

I agree with you completely about that religion part by the way.

But the only thing I wanted to say: please STOP the personal attacks. Whoever started, or whoever is continuing ... I really get tired from reading all that cr*ap... And ofcourse there will be someone now telling me that when I did not respond, this was already over... but hey that is the world upside down.

I am serious. In almost any thread that is longer than 2 pages it ends with certain persons flaming each other way around.

And yes... most of the time the same persons are doing that.

I really enjoy my Atari 8bits. I really enjoy most of the personal contacts I have here on AA. But the negativism (is that a word?) from certain fellows is killing that nice experience. At least... for me!

• Like 1

Agreed. On the other hand, I search in vain through this entire thread for any PRIOR contribution - "ill-conceived, useless or ridiculous" or otherwise - from Fibrewire. Certainly some kind of retort was to be expected.

Yes fair point.

But the only thing I wanted to say: please STOP the personal attacks. Whoever started, or whoever is continuing ... I really get tired from reading all that cr*ap... And ofcourse there will be someone now telling me that when I did not respond, this was already over... but hey that is the world upside down.

I am serious. In almost any thread that is longer than 2 pages it ends with certain persons flaming each other way around.

Yeah it does get a bit tiresome, and you're right there seems to be a pattern concerning threads of a certain length.

I really enjoy my Atari 8bits. I really enjoy most of the personal contacts I have here on AA. But the negativism (is that a word?) from certain fellows is killing that nice experience. At least... for me!

Personally I just tend to ignore the negative or inflammatory comments but to be honest I did think Fibrewire was out of line with his post this time. There really was no reason to respond using that particular image. Surely he could have come up with a better come back.

Still now I'm adding to to the thing we're complaining about, threads going off track and away from their intended subject so I'll go back into lurk mode for the time being ;)

Edited by spookt

Well, it's certainly not any of those when Fiberwire sends you money, is it Jon?

I'm not gonna waste space by creating a huge review of the content of Fiberwires previous posts.. Anyone who doubts me can simply browse them from his profile page.

But what I said does truthfully apply to over 90% of what he's posted on this forum since he joined. He needs to refrain from wasting space unless he has something to say that really contributes. That is the main problem I have with the guy. An oocasional joke is fine, anyone can appreciate that. But a constant stream of superfluous crap is annoying.

And trying to bring religeon into the conversation, rather than make any sort of rational argument in his defense proves that he has none, and further makes my point.

• Like 2

Well, it's certainly not any of those when Fiberwire sends you money, is it Jon?

Heh... I was waiting for that one. I should have ran a book on that being your next remark. It just goes to show how predictable these little exchanges tend to be. :)

What can I say other than the fact that Fibrewire had posted a fair bit of content without me feeling the need to call him an idiot before he decided to get his chequebook out and offer some support for a project which appears to interest him. I've treated him with the same degree of common courtesy and tolerance which I hope I extend to the other members of the forum. On the other hand, I would be surprised if examples can be found of my affording undue positive bias towards any forum member's posts, be they benefactors of my projects/website or not.

One thing that I hope is clear from this and and my general conduct on the forum is that I'm not "up anyone's ass" - and I mean anyone. If Fibrewire or anyone else assumes that a donation can buy my favour in any form other than gratitude for the gesture and recognition of the interest and support demonstrated (and I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to assume that Fibrewire is under any such illusion), then they had better avoid the "Donate" button, or request a refund.

Anyway: it's fairly clear at which point the Ass-Rig joke went sour, so I've changed my Avatar.

Edited by flashjazzcat

i will agree that the religous post was uncalled for, but then so was the post using the avatar pic as a 'negativity' indicator...

there certainly has been some negative feelings pushed around on this board by some, now we can all say he or she did this or did that, but we need to take personal responsibility... the person who continued it, is just as responsible as the person who started it...

metalguy66: ignore the guy...

fibrewire: fix your signal to noise ratio, is insultingly high...

sloopy.

• Like 1

Heh... I was waiting for that one. I should have ran a book on that being your next remark. It just goes to show how predictable these little exchanges tend to be. :)

What can I say other than the fact that Fibrewire had posted a fair bit of content without me feeling the need to call him an idiot before he decided to get his chequebook out and offer some support for a project which appears to interest him. I've treated him with the same degree of common courtesy and tolerance which I hope I extend to the other members of the forum. On the other hand, I would be surprised if examples can be found of my affording undue positive bias towards any forum member's posts, be they benefactors of my projects/website or not.

One thing that I hope is clear from this and and my general conduct on the forum is that I'm not "up anyone's ass" - and I mean anyone. If Fibrewire or anyone else assumes that a donation can buy my favour in any form other than gratitude for the gesture and recognition of the interest and support demonstrated (and I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to assume that Fibrewire is under any such illusion), then they had better avoid the "Donate" button, or request a refund.

Anyway: it's fairly clear at which point the Ass-Rig joke went sour, so I've changed my Avatar.

Well, the intent was not to insinuate that your favor could be bought, but simply that a little money goes a long way to increase tolerance.. In any case, I apologize for that remark..

Well, the intent was not to insinuate that your favor could be bought, but simply that a little money goes a long way to increase tolerance.. In any case, I apologize for that remark..

Well, I take exception even to the intended sentiment, but apology accepted. ;)

Now let's get this thread cleaned up and back on course, forget about this and get on with our lives in a positive way.