IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

As I've complained about numerous times, I have a local game store called 'gametrader' which sells games I can never afford. (a $60 used genesis, or $84 for final fantasy 3 snes). Recently I've noticed that they're active on ebay, and today I made my first *KILLING*

A new GN Twin console with 163 nes and genesis games.

auction link

$60 auction, $14.95 shipping, $6.56 tax for a total of $81.51

8e4b1wz8.jpg

97b71rk1.jpg

92ba1ig3.jpg

Sure everybody outside the state could have gotten about the same deal (getting to skip the taxes) but it's finally getting a deal from my local gametrader that really makes it all worthwhile to me.

If I were to get it from the actual store, (assuming $60 for the system and $10 for the average game), I'd be $1690 poorer unstead of $82...

and I think I found the reason that there's such a shortage of used games in the area. Bulk shipments out of state...

Edited by Reaperman

I found CODEBREAKER yesterday at this thrift shop.Underneath the title,there's a thin black strip label type of thing running along the entire title,and looks factory done.I dont want to ruin label by peeling it,to see whats underneath,anyone else have this thing on theirs?
It probably has two labels, I have a Lock 'n' Chase like this.

That's not quite what Rik is describing.

This is a label variant of the Atari Corp. 1986 copyright re-release, wrong controller type (the "Use with xxxx controllers" text), taped over. Many of these re-release labels can be found in multiple versions including: wrong controller type, wrong type taped over, no controller type (blanked at printing time instead of afterward), and correct controller type. BTW, if you haven't played it or read the manual, it uses Keyboard controllers. The error printed under the black label strip probably says Paddle, though it might say Joystick -- I checked all the lists and none of them describe the error version of that label; apparently none has been found yet without the black tape over it, and nobody's used a hair dryer to peel it and see what's under there.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

I found CODEBREAKER yesterday at this thrift shop.Underneath the title,there's a thin black strip label type of thing running along the entire title,and looks factory done.I dont want to ruin label by peeling it,to see whats underneath,anyone else have this thing on theirs?

This is a label variant of the Atari Corp. 1986 copyright re-release, wrong controller type (the "Use with xxxx controllers" text), taped over. Many of these re-release labels can be found in multiple versions including: wrong controller type, wrong type taped over, no controller type (blanked at printing time instead of afterward), and correct controller type. BTW, if you haven't played it or read the manual, it uses Keyboard controllers. The error printed under the black label strip probably says Paddle, though it might say Joystick -- I checked all the lists and none of them describe the error version of the label; apparently none has been found yet without the black tape over it, and nobody's used a hair dryer to peel it and see what's under there.

Oh, I have never heard of that. Can someone post pics?

@moonsweeper - that's an awesome deal! I didn't even know that Yobo was making a Genesis clone. Cool! COngrats on that deal - that's kind of what I think that NES games should cost anyway... ;) Gone are the days of getting 2600 games for a quarter a throw. Anyway here are my meager findings:

Bandai super controller - joystick snap-on for NES controller - 2x .50 ea.

Playstation games at a buck a piece complete:

Ready2Rumble Boxing

Test Drive 5

Frogger

Namco Museum 3

Pac Man World

Pong: The Next Level

the following were $1.50

Final Fantasy VIII

Galerians

Parasite Eve

I also got a stack of magazines from the 60's aimed at musicians who play Banjo/mandolin/guitar. Amazing kitschy stuff there. Just had to mention it. ;)

Finally getting around to posting last weekends finds.

Picked this lot up for $5

Intellivision System w/hook-ups

Voice Module w/manual

Tron Maze-A-Tron CIB INTV

MLB CIB INTV

Pitfall! CIB INTV

Tron Deadly Discs CIB INTV

Poker and Blackjack CIB INTV

Space Battle CIB INTV

NFL Football CIB INTV

AD&D w/box, overlays INTV

Night Stalker w/box, overlays INTV

AD&D Treasure of Tarmin w/box, overlays INTV

Starstrike w/manual, overlays INTV

Basketball w/overlays INTV

Sub Hunt w/manual, overlyas INTV

Space Armada w/manual, overlays INTV

Vectron w/manual, overlays INTV

B-17 Bomber w/manual, overlays INTV

Bowling w/manual, overlays INTV

Tron Deadly Discs loose INTV

Lock 'N' Chase loose INTV

AD&D loose INTV

Poker & Blackjack loose INTV

Other finds

Alien Syndrome NES 1.00

Gauntlet NES 1.00

NES Cleaning Kit .29

Williams Arcade Greatest Hits Gen 1.99

Simpsons Bart vs. The Space Mutants Gen 1.00

Dynamite Headdy Gen 1.00

Indy Racing 2000 N64 4.00

NFL Blitz N64 1.00

WWF Warzone N64 1.00

NHL Blades of Steel 98 N64 1.00

Goldeneye 007 N64 1.00

Super Mario 64 N64 1.00

WCW Mayhem N64 1.00

Extreme G N64 5.00

Rush 2 N64 5.00

F-1 World Grand Prix N64 5.00

F-Zero X N64 5.00

Knockout Kings 2000 N64 1.00

Tekken 2 CIB PS1 4.00

Capcom Vs SNK 2EO CIB Game Cube 1.00

NFS Underground loose Game Cube .10

Resident Evil Outbreak w/box PS2 8.00

Capcom Classics Collection NIB PS2 12.99

Dream Pinball NIB DS 19.99

Micro Machines V4 NIB DS 19.99

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow CIB DS 12.00

Silent Scope Complete w/box Xbox 8.00

Metroid Fusion Cell Art NIB .49

Secret Codes 2005 Vol2 .25

Riven Strategy Guide .25

Asciiware Specialized Joystick CIB PS1 2.00

Edited by Ghost Soldier

well, my lot came today, and I have a feeling that I have 24 hours to clean up the mess it made before I end up divorced... Couple "rares" turned up so far (A- and above over here) and they are Tombs & Treasure (infocom) and Impossible Mission 2 (American Video)

dsc0110oq0.th.jpg

I'm most happy about genesis Dune, though.

Edited by Reaperman

well, my lot came today, and I have a feeling that I have 24 hours to clean up the mess it made before I end up divorced... Couple "rares" turned up so far (A- and above over here) and they are Tombs & Treasure (infocom) and Impossible Mission 2 (American Video)

dsc0110oq0.th.jpg

I'm most happy about genesis Dune, though.

Do what my father always did when my mother "discovered" something new like this.....say "honey, that's been here for ages, honestly, I wonder about you sometimes....."

found today after hitting the local goodwills:

kid icarus for nes(complete,box is poor condition)$1(my loose copy is going to ebay)

dragon warrior nes(cart only)$1

super mario all stars for snes(cart only)$1 (going to ebay,its a double)

super tennis for snes(cart )$1

indy 500 for 2600(cart only)$1

ps2 network adapter disc(complete)$2(anyone need this,let me know,it will be up for trade)

the sims pc prima strategy guide(i just got the pc game last weekend for $1)$1

john madden football championship edition rental store exclusive for sega genesis(complete)$1

c2n cassette unit for commodore 64(complete with box,styro,instructions)$2(half off today on electronics)

then at target i got:

harvey birdman for psp(sealed)$7.98(rang up 14.99 but they gave it to me for clearence sticker price)

Edited by wccw mark

Only found 2 NES games at local Goodwill: Catlevania and Maniac Mission. Both came in blue plastic case but no manual. Only 99 cents each. The boxed O^2 system I left behind is gone. I did find a boxed O^2 system on eBay a few days later but seller didn't list the location and refused to respond (or doesn't check eBay message) to my request for local pickup.

Only found 2 NES games at local Goodwill: Catlevania and Maniac Mission. Both came in blue plastic case but no manual. Only 99 cents each. The boxed O^2 system I left behind is gone. I did find a boxed O^2 system on eBay a few days later but seller didn't list the location and refused to respond (or doesn't check eBay message) to my request for local pickup.

was it listed as near you? the seller may be trying to soak the buyer on shipping. or, well.. they just dont want random people showing up at thier place

I don't feel like taking a picture, but I found a loose copy of "Guardian" for the 2600 today. I believe that is officially my rarest find in the wild. I also bought a copy of Extreme Pinball for the PSX. I don't know if it's good or not but it's made by Epic and Epic Pinball for the PC is one of my favorite games.

Chris

This is a label variant of the Atari Corp. 1986 copyright re-release, wrong controller type (the "Use with xxxx controllers" text), taped over. Many of these re-release labels can be found in multiple versions including: wrong controller type, wrong type taped over, no controller type (blanked at printing time instead of afterward), and correct controller type. BTW, if you haven't played it or read the manual, it uses Keyboard controllers. The error printed under the black label strip probably says Paddle, though it might say Joystick -- I checked all the lists and none of them describe the error version of that label; apparently none has been found yet without the black tape over it, and nobody's used a hair dryer to peel it and see what's under there.

Sorry no pics,as i dont have a camera.Yes,A.J.Thats exactly what i meant.Your expertise is appreciated.I'll try and use a hairblower to peel the label back to see whats under it for sure,and let you guys know.EDIT....No such luck,the label just started to get damaged underneath,ill just take A.J's word for it.

Edited by Rik

Not really a thrift find, but I checked out the clearance rack at Wal-Mart the other day, and I found a bunch of those cheap Nintendo DS software bundles (you've probably seen 'em before -- a crappy game you've probably already got, a system carrying case, and 3 touchpens...)

Each one had a sealed copy of "Elite Beat Agents" in it. My price? $1 for each set. I now have 9 new copies of the game, more extra DS carrying cases and extra styli (27!!) that I know what to do with... and I set a new personal record for "most copies of the same new game bought at once."

I may have paid a dollar for each bundle... but the game itself sells out of the showcase for $29.92. Imagine that. This one's definitely a resale target, though I likely won't get terribly much for them...

Not really a thrift find, but I checked out the clearance rack at Wal-Mart the other day, and I found a bunch of those cheap Nintendo DS software bundles (you've probably seen 'em before -- a crappy game you've probably already got, a system carrying case, and 3 touchpens...)

Each one had a sealed copy of "Elite Beat Agents" in it. My price? $1 for each set. I now have 9 new copies of the game, more extra DS carrying cases and extra styli (27!!) that I know what to do with... and I set a new personal record for "most copies of the same new game bought at once."

I may have paid a dollar for each bundle... but the game itself sells out of the showcase for $29.92. Imagine that. This one's definitely a resale target, though I likely won't get terribly much for them...

Wow! that is a great deal!

I have to check my wal marts...

My weekend finds in pictures and by the way, all the Sega CD and Sega Saturn games are factory sealed (with tears) except: Panzer Dragoon II Zwei, Vay, Panic and Dark Wizard.

That's right, all the rest have never been opened, even Guardian Heroes! :-o

I don't even know how much I spent on all of this but I am going to figure it out....I'll edit this when I do but it certainly won't be a screaming deal. In the hundreds for sure!

post-4103-1214787538_thumb.jpg post-4103-1214787545_thumb.jpg

post-4103-1214787551_thumb.jpg post-4103-1214787557_thumb.jpg

Nothing to write home to mom about,but this weekend i found both in mint cond,2600 Mario Bros,and Snoopyand the Red Baron.I was especially proud of finding Snoopy!!!!!! :D

Edited by Rik

My weekend finds in pictures and by the way, all the Sega CD and Sega Saturn games are factory sealed (with tears) except: Panzer Dragoon II Zwei, Vay, Panic and Dark Wizard.

I don't even know how much I spent on all of this but I am going to figure it out....I'll edit this when I do but it certainly won't be a screaming deal. In the hundreds for sure!

Do yourself a favour,and refrain from figuring out how much you spent!!! :-o :D

Edited by Rik

hot damn!!nice finds.

went to goodwill today and got:

power rangers for game gear(cart & case)$0.75

sonic 3d blast for genesis(cart only)$0.75

x-men mutant apoculapse for snes(cart only)$0.75

axelay for snes(cart only)$0.75

ikari warriors for nes(cart only)$0.75

double dragon 3 for nes(cart onlyshitty label)$0.75

mickey mousecapade for nes(cart only)$0.75

abadox for nes(cart only)$0.75

Excellent prices, congrats

Excellent prices, congrats

thanks ghost :)

Do yourself a favour,and refrain from figuring out how much you spent!!! :-o :D

I had to! About $350 - $360 for everything shown.