IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

post-4103-1215743748_thumb.jpg

OK, my Thursday finds are:

DS Clubhouse Games (complete) $8.99

DS New Super Mario Bros. (complete) $8.99

DS Pokemon Diamond (new from Radio Shack on Clearance for my son, personal use) $19.97

DS Pokemon Diamond Display Case Artwork and Case (talked Radio Shack guy into giving it up) $FREE

DVD's marked $5.99 were from Hollywood Video's Buy 2 get 2 free so $12 plus tax for those four

3 Misc DVD's $4.00

GUIDES - all Zelda guides for $18

PS1 Contra Adventure (complete and nice) $6

5 Genesis carts for $5 from Game Crazy

The DINOSAUR Disney Soundtrack CD is the Limited Edition of only 25,000 worldwide and it was $2.99 at Goodwill. I hope it does well on ebay because I don't want this thing!

From this haul, I am keeping the Pokemon Diamond game for my son and the Pokemon Diamon display case thing for my collection. Also, Ringu 2 and Hi Hi Puffi Ami Yumi DVD's for my daughter. Everything else is off to various Marketplaces or an ebay auction near you!

:cool:

EDIT: I forgot, I'm keeping that Contra PS1 game as well. Awesome!

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

DS Clubhouse Games (complete) $8.99

DS New Super Mario Bros. (complete) $8.99

Nice, that Clubhouse Games can be hard to find.

Yep and I already have one so this is for sale. I actually had about $8 credit at the store that I bought these two DS games so I did pretty good. I think a complete Clubhouse Games brings around $40 IIRC.

I sold a cart only not long ago that I found at a thrift for $15 and I think I got close to $40 for it.

I love thrifts, swaps, pawns and what have you! :D

Bookman's? I hate you.

Why hate me?

Because you have a Bookmans and I don't.

I visited Phoenix and a Bookmans a couple of months back. That place is classic gaming heaven. I loaded up on Genesis and Saturn games, and even picked up Defender for the ColecoVision.

Now I'm back home and stuck with ten zillion Gamestops.

I hate you. :D

found today at a few goodwills:

snes model 1 system with all hook ups and 1 controller:$5(going to ebay)

smb2 for nes(cart only)$1

river city ransom for nes(cart only)$1

mario tennis for n64(cart only)$1

sega bass fishing duel for ps2(complete)$4(i forgot i already had this game so this is either up for trade or i will ebay it)

then at one of the used media stores i got:

turok for ps3(complete)$14.99

giga wing for dreamcast(complete)$3

mystery dungeon shiren the wanderer for ds(complete)$12.99

xyanide for xbox(complete)$5

prey for xbox 360(complete,booklet has been thru hell and back)$5

had to go to south bend this morning,stopped at one goodwill and got:

contra(cart only)$1(going to ebay)

mike tyson punch-out(cart only)$1(going to ebay)

battletoads(cart only)$1

dr mario(cart only)$1(going to ebay)

robocop(cart only)$1

championship bowling(cart only)$1

miraclepiano game for nes(cart only,sadly no keyboard)$1

tiny toons busters hidden treasure for genesis(complete)$1(up for trade or ebay/ctcw)

lethal enforcers 2 for genesis(complete)$1(up for trade or ebay/ctcw)

the jungle book for genesis(complete)$1

they had about 10 more nes games,mostly sports or common stuff i already have/or has no trade/resale value)

PICT0001.jpg

Heres what i found today...All for $25.00,not sure on rarities of these though,will check.EDIT all 2600 carts.

Froggo-Spider Droid

Froggo-Sea Hunt

Parker Bros-Mr. Do's Castle

Activision-Cosmic Commuter

Coleco-Roc 'N Rope

Activision-Ghost Busters

Atari red label-Dark Chambers

Edited by Rik

very nice wccw mark as always now bro!!!!

i got a great deal yest too i'll post a pic tomorrow

post your 1st deal up :)

yeah,i like to take pics on all my finds.i do take pics when i actually have the time to do so.i cant wait to see your finds bro Edited by wccw mark

Star Wars KOTR: The Sith Lords, XBox, complete, minty condition, $6.00 at a pawn shop

With last weeks pawn shop haul of Silent Hill, Parappa the Rapper, and Parasite Eve, I turned them on amazon and paid for my son's birthday present, a shiny new (used from the bike shop, but in awesome condition) blue Diamondback mountain bike. 7 whole gears! The little 9 year old dude is thrilled!

I'd have liked to have kept all of these games, and I bought them all for my collection, but when I checked on Amazon to learn a bit more about them and saw the prices they were getting, and well, my kids birthday was on the way.....

I probably would have been scared of Silent Hill though...... :P

Star Wars KOTR: The Sith Lords, XBox, complete, minty condition, $6.00 at a pawn shop

With last weeks pawn shop haul of Silent Hill, Parappa the Rapper, and Parasite Eve, I turned them on amazon and paid for my son's birthday present, a shiny new (used from the bike shop, but in awesome condition) blue Diamondback mountain bike. 7 whole gears! The little 9 year old dude is thrilled!

I'd have liked to have kept all of these games, and I bought them all for my collection, but when I checked on Amazon to learn a bit more about them and saw the prices they were getting, and well, my kids birthday was on the way.....

I probably would have been scared of Silent Hill though...... :P

thats cool.diamondback bikes are awesome.

Heres what i found today...All for $25.00,not sure on rarities of these though,will check.

Froggo-Spider Droid

Froggo-Sea Hunt

Coleco-Roc 'N Rope

Activision-Ghost Busters

Mr. Do's Castle is tops in that lot at R8, easily worth more than $25 loose by itself. (I got mine for $2, though! :P )

Heres what i found today...All for $25.00,not sure on rarities of these though,will check.

Froggo-Spider Droid

Froggo-Sea Hunt

Coleco-Roc 'N Rope

Activision-Ghost Busters

Mr. Do's Castle is tops in that lot at R8, easily worth more than $25 loose by itself. (I got mine for $2, though! :P )

Digitpress lists 2600 Mr Do's castle as worth $250!?!?!?, loose or boxed!They're all 2600 carts i forgot to add.

Edited by Rik

Froggo-Spider Droid

Froggo-Sea Hunt

Coleco-Roc 'N Rope

Activision-Ghost Busters

Digitpress lists 2600 Mr Do's castle as worth $250!?!?!?, loose or boxed!They're all 2600 carts i forgot to add.

They are listing it as $250 loose and perhaps on crack or made a mistake. ;)

EDIT:

Otherwise, I guess THIS is a steal!

Even THIS would be pretty good!

Atari2600.com pays $24 - here is a link - LINK

This is in NO WAY knocking your find, it's awesome...I'm just stating that DP may be a bit off here. Really man, Excellent Score, CONGRATS! :)

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I have the Miracle keyboard, and the carts for both NES and SNES, but I've never found the special cables to connect it to either system. One of these days I guess that I'll have to find the pinout and make my own... I don't really even know how fun it is. I already play piano, so I'd just be wanting to see how those systems teach kids to play. Gotta be better than Melody Blaster for the Intellivision II keyboard! ;)

Finally, after a few months of not being able to go out, I hit a couple of flea markets today. I came home with Starship Hector for $3, which was fantastic because it finishes off my NES Hudson Caravan collection. I also found Little Ninja Bros. for $3, and Illusion of Gaia for $4... so overall not too bad a day, but I still wish that my area had more to offer in terms of flea markets and goodwills.

Hi all,

Nothing major and not Atari but went to Circuit City on Saturday and they had the limited edition of Prey for the Xbox 360 on sale for $16.97, got to the register and it rang up as $13.94. You get the art book and two lead miniatures with it. Not a bad deal for $14 bucks.

Rich

Edited by vrocko

Anyone remember Green Jello....they had to change their name to Green Jelly because of some sort of lawsuit with the actual Jello company. I thought this cassette was cool because it was "pre-lawsuit" :lol:

odd you should mention them. They've actually got quite a large tour going on, and IIRC they're stopping out by me later this month. I really don't want to go, but it might be fun to peoplewatch and figure out exactly who shows up to a one hit wonder reunion tour.

Remembering back, they did the soundtrack to at least one of the spiderman beat'em ups on snes. I really think I would have hated those games were it not for green jelly.

indeed odd, I was playing the CD this weekend at the brewery! still have the cereal killer video album thingy.

sorta the west coast GWAR.

I didn't know they were still around.. better look into it.

hey they're on tour and coming to town! might have to check that out

Edited by BeerGnome

nothing major, just picked up a nice boxed Pelican DDR Pad for the cube, ps2, and xbox at goodwill for $1.99

this was the second goodwill I hit today, after some little emo dude was getting ready to drop $20 on a Genesis 1. I passed on a clean looking PSOne and two controllers, and all cords for $12.99, just didn't want it, you know?

Do you know they play Dance Dance Revolution at my kids school on rainy days? They loved it when it was tried there. I've never played it, but I figured the pad was cheap enough, now to find a DDR game.