IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

My weekend finds in pictures and by the way, all the Sega CD and Sega Saturn games are factory sealed (with tears) except: Panzer Dragoon II Zwei, Vay, Panic and Dark Wizard.

That's right, all the rest have never been opened, even Guardian Heroes! :-o

I don't even know how much I spent on all of this but I am going to figure it out....I'll edit this when I do but it certainly won't be a screaming deal. In the hundreds for sure!

post-4103-1214787538_thumb.jpg post-4103-1214787545_thumb.jpg

post-4103-1214787551_thumb.jpg post-4103-1214787557_thumb.jpg

Do yourself a favour,and refrain from figuring out how much you spent!!! :-o :D

I had to! About $350 - $360 for everything shown.

Nice price

NES

Metroid - 2.79

Tetris - 3.00

Dr. Mario - 3.00

Startropics - 4.29

SNES

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past - 5.29

Super Scope 6 (Gun + Game + IR Sensor) - 15.79

Breath of Fire - 10.29

Earthbound - 4.79

Super Metroid - 2.29

N64

Pokemon Snap - 0.79

Yeah, you're probably right.

Good advice! :thumbsup:

thats the thing about the antique racket to begin with.. it's now how much you spend, it's about how much you get some other schmuck to spend

thats the thing about the antique racket to begin with.. it's now how much you spend, it's about how much you get some other schmuck to spend

Yep, and I'm selling almost everything that I bought. In fact, I don't think that I'm keeping any of it. I just thought I saw some good deals and went for it. I'm really just looking to fund my DS addiction so that is where the proceeds of most sales will be going....after the initial investment is met of course. I hope I can get the $350 or so back fairly quickly. E.V.O. for the SNES is worth a good bit and I'll just have to see how the Sega stuff does.

But hey, I'm not bitching when I buy a DS Not For Resale cart for $140 when the seller may have paid little to nothing for it. I have no problem making a "buck" on stuff because I have no problem paying the extra "buck" when I want something....I don't care how much the seller got it for. Just my buyer/seller philosophy.

Yep, and I'm selling almost everything that I bought. In fact, I don't think that I'm keeping any of it. I just thought I saw some good deals and went for it. I'm really just looking to fund my DS addiction so that is where the proceeds of most sales will be going....after the initial investment is met of course. I hope I can get the $350 or so back fairly quickly. E.V.O. for the SNES is worth a good bit and I'll just have to see how the Sega stuff does.

But hey, I'm not bitching when I buy a DS Not For Resale cart for $140 when the seller may have paid little to nothing for it. I have no problem making a "buck" on stuff because I have no problem paying the extra "buck" when I want something....I don't care how much the seller got it for. Just my buyer/seller philosophy.

Yeah thats the same with me.I've seen tons of folks pass on buying MIB sealed really rare games,loose,etc,cus the seller wanted like 5-10 bucks more.Everyones financial situation is different,but for me,if i want a game bad enough,and its fairly rare or hard to find I'll grab it,and i wont skimp on the price.

Had a great weekend for finds.

Star Wars Chess CIB Sega CD 2.00

Tomcat Alley CIB Sega CD 2.00

Flashback CIB Sega CD 2.00

Racing Aces CIB Sega CD 2.00

TLOZ Majora's Mask N64 4.00

Pikmin 2 CIB Game Cube 7.00

Castlevania Curse of Darkness CIB Xbox 8.00

The Guy Game CIB PS2 8.00

Gretzky NHL 06 NIB PS2 4.96

40 GB PS3 System CIB 268.00

Sega Rally Revo CIB PS3 12.00

Motorstorm CIB PS3 19.00

Virtua Fighter 5 NIB PS3 19.99

The Darkness NIB PS3 19.99

PS3 Controller w/Charge Cord 30.00

Half-Life Platinum Collection CIB PC 2.99

Donkey Kong Country Strategy Guide .25

Gameboy Advance SP Carrying Case .59

Edited by Ghost Soldier

Now THIS is why I bother to go to garage sales......

I wasn't even planning on going until I saw a CL ad that said they had a Crazy Climber arcade machine as well as other "toys and games" but this I couldn't resist. Got there at 9am and found all this:

Atari Jr with 34 games (no dupes, no Pac-man, many of the 3-4's and at least half of them new to my collection), all the manuals, keyboard controllers in box, a Trackball, and a 7800 pro controller, plus an extra 2600 power supply - $2.00

NES system (dirty but it doesn't blink!) 2 oem pads, 2 Quickshot sticks, Zapper, 1 SNES controller, and 12 games with all manuals - $2.00

and lastly.........

An absolutely perfect complete in box TurboGrafix16 with 2 pack in games (Keith Courage and Bonk's Revenge)!

How much you may ask? How about FIFTY FREAKEN CENTS! Seriously, half a buck, still has all the plastic bags and everything. :D

I gave the lady $5 and told her to keep the change.

Oh, and if you were wondering, the Crazy Climber machine was a mess, and they wanted $600 for it, so I passed. :)

post-12780-1215190799_thumb.jpg

post-12780-1215190806_thumb.jpg

post-12780-1215190888_thumb.jpg

post-12780-1215190897_thumb.jpg

post-12780-1215190904.jpg

Edited by SRGilbert

got that right those prices are great

i had a great day today at my salvation army

nes system , nes control deck, and a sega saturn system complete all for 25 bucks will post pics asap

and last weekend at a garage sale bogut an intellivision console w/ about 30 cards and 20 carts

nes games: megaman 2, zelda 2, tmnt2 the arcade game,

sega genesis games: dungeons and dragons eternal of red sun, sonic 3, all for 10 bucks :cool:

I wasn't even planning on going until I saw a CL ad that said they had a Crazy Climber arcade machine as well as other "toys and games" but this I couldn't resist. Got there at 9am and found all this:

Atari Jr with 34 games (no dupes, no Pac-man, many of the 3-4's and at least half of them new to my collection), all the manuals, keyboard controllers in box, a Trackball, and a 7800 pro controller, plus an extra 2600 power supply - $2.00

NES system (dirty but it doesn't blink!) 2 oem pads, 2 Quickshot sticks, Zapper, 1 SNES controller, and 12 games with all manuals - $2.00

and lastly.........

An absolutely perfect complete in box TurboGrafix16 with 2 pack in games (Keith Courage and Bonk's Revenge)!

How much you may ask? How about FIFTY FREAKEN CENTS! Seriously, half a buck, still has all the plastic bags and everything. :D

Oh, and if you were wondering, the Crazy Climber machine was a mess, and they wanted $600 for it, so I passed. :)

HOLY SHIT, THAT IS SWEET!

and lastly.........

Yeah, I nearly pooped my pants. I just kept finding boxes of stuff, I had to have my wife stand gaurd over them while I kept looking. I did show some restraint though, they also had a Sega Genesis Model 1 that I passed on! :)

@ SRGilbert: I'll buy that Turbo Grafx from you for twice what you paid! :D Great finds, wish I could get some garage sales like that around here.

Today at the flea market I got these at the very last booth I came to:

Final Fantasy III

UN Squadron

Killer Instinct

Megaman 3

Battletoads

Pikmin 2

All for $20 (about $3.33 per game)

and lastly.........

Yeah, I nearly pooped my pants. I just kept finding boxes of stuff, I had to have my wife stand gaurd over them while I kept looking. I did show some restraint though, they also had a Sega Genesis Model 1 that I passed on! :)

You are in MI too? How did I miss this?

50% off sales today at goodwill & sal army.i got from a few goodwills:

wwf superstars 2 for game boy(game and case)$0.50

un squadron for snes(cart only)$0.50

clue for snes(game and box)$0.50

super game boy(cart only)$0.50

dalkstalkers for psp(brand new,had target clearence tags on it)$4.00

rise of the triad strategy guide:$0.25

duke nukem 3d guide:$0.25

ad&d 2nd edition players handbook:$0.25

ad&d dungeon masters guide:$0.25

ad&d oriental adventures:$0.25

then from sal army i got:

atari 7800 pro system with one controller and pp 2:$4.00(i got an extra power supply for 7800 and tv switch so its going to ebay)

tecmo super bowl for nes(cart only)$1(going to hold it until around super bowl time and then sell it on ebay)

dragon warrior 3(cart only)$1

duck tales(cart only)$1

burgertime(cart only)$1

amagon(cart only)$1

super mario world w/ booklet:$1

elders scrolls 4 oblivion strategy guide(a little worn)$0.05

then found some ok deals at a local media shop:

the guy game for xbox(complete)$4

toejam & earl 3(complete)$4(double,i already had a disc only of it,pm me if you want to trade me something for the disc only

the incredables for gamecube(complete)$2

panzer dragoon for xbox(complete)$5

adventure island famicom mini series for gba(complete)$10

Edited by wccw mark

wccw mark great purchases bro :cool:

did u read my post on the 3 boxed systems i got

oh forgot to mention on the sega saturn boxed system

it all came with nights into dreams in jewel case as well as the 3d controller :cool:

Nice, who says there are no deals to be found!

Unfortunately, great deals are as addictive as any drug. Just when you are about to give up thrifting all together, you hit another gold mine and it pulls you back in! You end up spending all your free time (not to mention gas) looking for that next big score. :cool:

I didn't hit any yard sales or swaps today, only a Goodwill because it was next to somewhere I needed to go. Gas prices suck! I thought I would pop in quick to see what's happening....usually the Goodwill's around here suck with their over-priced, dirty garbage but I came up with these because of some sort of half-off sale on certain color tags and then tags that had different "weeks" on them. This time is was "Blue" tags and tags that had "Week 24" on them.....whatever.

Pics are good:

post-4103-1215294897_thumb.jpg

Anyone remember Green Jello....they had to change their name to Green Jelly because of some sort of lawsuit with the actual Jello company. I thought this cassette was cool because it was "pre-lawsuit" :lol:

GENESIS Soldiers of Fortune cart and case only - $1.50

GENESIS Sonic 3 cart and instructions only - $1.50

Green Jello cassette single for "Three Little Pigs" - .49 cents