IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

"Aquattack is every bit the R8 or R9 rating in CIB form and fair market value is around $300" Agreed!! But the auction was for the box and manual only.

Junior hasn't updated his website rarity ratings for years and probably since he created the individual game pages, so that R6 rating is very, very outdated. I've actually given up on trying to maintain rarity ratings in my Collector's List as well because it is just too much work, but trust me when I say that Aquattack is every bit the R8 or R9 rating in CIB form and fair market value is around $300. I can only imagine what a Sealed / NIB copy would fetch... Congrats on having two!!!

N thanks again for the info on the rarity rating on "Junior's" site... I had no idea it was so out of date.

Junior hasn't updated his website rarity ratings for years and probably since he created the individual game pages, so that R6 rating is very, very outdated. I've actually given up on trying to maintain rarity ratings in my Collector's List as well because it is just too much work, but trust me when I say that Aquattack is every bit the R8 or R9 rating in CIB form and fair market value is around $300. I can only imagine what a Sealed / NIB copy would fetch... Congrats on having two!!!

"Aquattack is every bit the R8 or R9 rating in CIB form and fair market value is around $300" Agreed!! But the auction was for the box and manual only.

what do you think a CIB is? You are paying the big bucks for the box and the manual. You can get a loose copy of the game cheap.

Ship sailed ... moving on ...

The ship has been called back to port! :lol:

As ColecoDan has stated and I'll take it a step further... the game BOX is what truly gives a CIB it's value especially if it is in good condition. The manual is important as well, but doesn't affect the final price as much. For instance:

- loose Donkey Kong Junior cart = $1.25

- loose Donkey Kong Junior manual = $1.00

- Complete in Box Donkey Kong Junior = $10-$15 depending on box condition

- loose WizMath cart = $90.00 (i recently sold one via eBay auction at this price)

- loose WizMath manual = $10-$15 (I'm guessing as I have never seen one sold by itself)

- Complete in Box WizMath = $1,100 !!!!!!!!

A WizMath CIB sold a couple months ago via an eBay auction and there were two bidders at the end that bid well over $1,000 (maybe even a third, but I can't remember now) and numerous other that were in the running until things got crazy. so is $1100 the new going rate for a WizMath CIB? I don't think so, but what I do know is that there is one other person for sure that is willing to spend over $1000 to acquire one if pushed that far in bidding and I can't thank Pixelboy enough for hooking me up with a CIB for an incredible price.

One other example to see how the box and also being complete to use is the Atari 2600 game Air Raid. Do a little searching here on the forums to see what the going rate is for a loose cart of this game and then also look up what CIBs have sold for recently.

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 3

Ship sailed ... moving on ...

This game could likely have sold for even more if the seller had added a loose cart to make it CIB or had been willing to wait a while for it to sell. When something only appears on ebay once or twice a year the price is hard to predict. If several people "need" the game it inflates the price to whatever they are willing to pay.

http://youtu.be/YpsVokVeWJE

The ship has been called back to port! :lol:

As ColecoDan has stated and I'll take it a step further... the game BOX is what truly gives a CIB it's value especially if it is in good condition. The manual is important as well, but doesn't affect the final price as much. For instance:

- loose Donkey Kong Junior cart = $1.25
- loose Donkey Kong Junior manual = $1.00
- Complete in Box Donkey Kong Junior = $10-$15 depending on box condition

- loose WizMath cart = $90.00 (i recently sold one via eBay auction at this price)
- loose WizMath manual = $10-$15 (I'm guessing as I have never seen one sold by itself)
- Complete in Box WizMath = $1,100 !!!!!!!!

A WizMath CIB sold a couple months ago via an eBay auction and there were two bidders at the end that bid well over $1,000 (maybe even a third, but I can't remember now) and numerous other that were in the running until things got crazy. so is $1100 the new going rate for a WizMath CIB? I don't think so, but what I do know is that there is one other person for sure that is willing to spend over $1000 to acquire one if pushed that far in bidding and I can't thank Pixelboy enough for hooking me up with a CIB for an incredible price.

One other example to see how the box and also being complete to use is the Atari 2600 game Air Raid. Do a little searching here on the forums to see what the going rate is for a loose cart of this game and then also look up what CIBs have sold for recently.

• Like 1

No PANIC here as my feet are firmly planted on Terra Firma.

Seeing as you have two NIB Aquattack games, why not test the waters via an eBay auction starting at $0.99 with Free Shipping? If you really don't want to sell, just place a crazy Reserve Price of say $2,000 on it to insure that you don't actually have to part with it. The only problem with this premise is that a lot of the heavy hitters frequent this forum and will now that the auction is not legit... although it wouldn't surprise me to see Cmart hit the $2,000 mark! :-o

No PANIC here as my feet are firmly planted on Terra Firma.

Seeing as you have two NIB Aquattack games, why not test the waters via an eBay auction starting at $0.99 with Free Shipping? If you really don't want to sell, just place a crazy Reserve Price of say $2,000 on it to insure that you don't actually have to part with it. The only problem with this premise is that a lot of the heavy hitters frequent this forum and will now that the auction is not legit... although it wouldn't surprise me to see Cmart hit the $2,000 mark! :-o

Lol! Nope. Not worth that much to me. :)

will see but i dont think i will build more sfc ntt data . i have 2 more famicom network ready after they are gone i take a long brake of those controller .. i put realy too mutch time in the last couple of weeks in those baby

I'll be looking forward to when you auction the Famicom Network controllers.