IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Hi guys.. What about a NIB EM#2? What would you guys place the value of one at? I've been after one for quite a while as you all may know.. at least a nice CIB.. I could really use some advice on that please, I'd appreciate it :)

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85

Hi guys.. What about a NIB EM#2? What would you guys place the value of one at? I've been after one for quite a while as you all may know.. at least a nice CIB.. I could really use some advice on that please, I'd appreciate it :)

The coleco seen has hardly any NIB collectors so there really is no price guide because people don't fight over finding them and there are hardly any to begin with. Look at the other NIB expansion modules that have been priced high. They have been there for a long time. No one is buying.

SiLic0ne t0aD85, on 19 May 2014 - 2:07 PM, said:SiLic0ne t0aD85, on 19 May 2014 - 2:07 PM, said:

I like new in box collecting also, but with the colecovision there is so many super rare and odd items to collect, that's what most of the hardcore collectors for Colecovision go after, instead of going after new items. Most of new items on the Colecovision tend to be pretty common items with just a few exceptions which also lead to the disinterest of new collecting. Where Nintendo and newer systems its a totally different, people are all over new collecting as its a much bigger pool to play in. Who knows though things may change in time, you never know the future. Yours and my new collections may be super sot after in the years to come :-D :thumbsup: Here's to hoping!

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 1

I like new in box collecting also, but with the colecovision there is so many super rare and odd items to collect, that's what most of the hardcore collectors for Colecovision go after, instead of going after new items. Most of new items on the Colecovision tend to be pretty common items with just a few exceptions which also lead to the disinterest of new collecting. Where Nintendo and newer systems its a totally different, people are all over new collecting as its a much bigger pool to play in. Who knows though things may change in time, you never know the future. Yours and my new collections may be super sot after in the years to come :-D :thumbsup: Here's to hoping!

Yes, Hopefully! ;) Coleco_Master has the nicest collection i've ever seen, hands down! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't have much NIB stuff but if i am going to get back into seriously collecting for CV, i may as well shoot for the stars! Lol. I certainly try to anyways, no matter what it is.. :grin:

The NES is a whole different ballgame indeed. Around my area, it seems like 50% of the people i talk to and probably 95% of my friends don't even know what a ColecoVision is.. :woozy: They know what an NES is though! haha, I dunno, I just love CV and its what im concentrating on.. its definitely easier to collect for as far as a complete library vs. NES for sure. I've pretty much lost hope for a complete NES collection, as John(Gamester81) said, its just not fun anymore.. people want an arm and a leg for everything. It is what it is though.

Honestly, a great or near Mint condition CIB Expansion Module #2 would be perfectly fine with me at this point, I could always just sell it off later on for a unit in better condition, i just dont know how/where to price it.. :dunce:

However, I cant be too picky it, its tuff to balance everything out financially, considering all the other hobbies im into.. ;) Heck, if i had an extra $200 or so to blow, i'd just step up and buy one off ebay but i don't have it like that right now. I suppose I'll just keep on playing the waiting game some more until something shows up thats in good shape.

Its all good though, ill get one sometime this year, no doubt.. I'm not in a huge hurry.. However it is the last thing i need as far as hardware and that kind of bugs me. :P Guess I'm more anxious about it then i'd like to be.. :lolblue: Oh well..

......I've pretty much lost hope for a complete NES collection, as John(Gamester81) said, its just not fun anymore.. people want an arm and a leg for everything. It is what it is though.

It's kind of though if you start collecting NES only a few months/years ago

Prices have exploded in the last months/years

I'm about 475 NES games right now, hopefully I will be able to complete the set

Luckily for me, I've friends over here and on NA who help me to complete my collection

I would not say it's not fun anymore to collect NES , it's just more though to find something at a good price these days

But forums are made for this, meet others and share our passion

• Like 1

A few years back several were available "new" with the glue seal popped on the box. These were $144 from a reputable site, and I bought 2 at the time; one for use to replace my old used module and a second as a spare. The one I decided to use did look new with just the glue seal popped. All that being said, I think slightly north of $140 for a NIB sealed copy is reasonable but over $200 is too much I think.

Troy

• Like 1

A few years back several were available "new" with the glue seal popped on the box. These were $144 from a reputable site, and I bought 2 at the time; one for use to replace my old used module and a second as a spare. The one I decided to use did look new with just the glue seal popped. All that being said, I think slightly north of $140 for a NIB sealed copy is reasonable but over $200 is too much I think.

Troy

Thanks for the info, I really wish I would have jumped back on completing my CV collection years ago, like I should have.. but hindsight is 20/20 they say.. Oh well, I'm here now though and I guess that's all that matters.. Better late than never!

I also agree about the price, not much I can do though.. I'll just have to be patient. ;) CV completion is my main goal this year, NES and all the others will come later after I achieve that goal.

Already have one and that is more than plenty for me... Thank you very much. Anyway, what would I do with all the other items seeing as I only collect for the CV and ADAM.

The seller took a big lose on the box set unless he got it for free!

Oh man.. What a steal...

Already have one and that is more than plenty for me... Thank you very much. Anyway, what would I do with all the other items seeing as I only collect for the CV and ADAM.

The seller took a big lose on the box set unless he got it for free!

:lol: $68 doesn't even cover the manufacturing cost of the Pong Boxset :-o

STEAL!

ValkerieSilk, on 21 May 2014 - 7:50 PM, said:ValkerieSilk, on 21 May 2014 - 7:50 PM, said:

Oh man.. What a steal...

Wow that is a steal! I wish I would have seen that! Its funny the seller listed all the items in the description accept the most valuable item in the whole lot LOL :lol:

Edited by RelliK111

Manoau2002, on 21 May 2014 - 9:08 PM, said:

Why would someone throw a Homebrew Colecovision game in an auction with a bunch of common genesis games and not even put it in the discription.

Maybe it was a pissed off girlfriend putting up her boyfriends game collection :-o She is probably happy with the $68 LOL

• Like 4

I watched this auction I thought I might jump in if the price was right. I could use some adam controllers. Is there something I am missing or did someone really overpay. I see maybe 200-250 worth of stuff.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/141278417457?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l264

Big Surprise its been relisted

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/VINTAGE-NICE-COLECOVISION-32-GAMES-4-CONTROLLERS-/151310350040?

Ehem! This is the place to brag? :D

I just got two nice CIB from eBay, Montezuma's Revenge for $66 and Q*Bert Qubes for $234 :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221444434717?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221444429888?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm particularly proud of the Q*bert Qubes one because I won it just 70 cents ahead of higher bidder :)

I think Montezuma's Revenge is fine but Q*bert Qubes a little expensive. Anyway I'm happy :)

• Like 1

Great price on Montezuma's Revenge CIB and really not too bad on the Q*bert's Qubes CIB. As ColecoDan stated, that price of $234 would have been common about 3 or 4 years ago, but then a flood of them hit eBay and the price dropped drastically. Well, I guess that Q.Q. CIB is on the rebound!!!

I'm surprised that no one mentioned that another great deal was had on a Slurpy CIB at only $129.95 via a BIN a couple days ago. I wonder who the lucky eBayer was that snatched this one up? This is the second time Slurpy has been put up as a BIN and the last time the buyer got an incredible bargain at only $49.95. Well, I guess one of these days I will finally acquire a Slurpy in CIB form to once and for all complete my CIB collection.

• Like 1