IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I received the Adam Disk drive today.... I'm actually really surprised to see that it's in superb cosmetic condition (box isn't bad either) and that it does indeed power up. I managed to find a Disk Manager Diskette on Ebay for 10 bucks, but it is missing the adamnet cable. And for sure, even if it didn't work the display value alone is worth the 77 bucks for me.

Awesome price! I hope the drive and power transformer are still working, but if not, you still have a great display piece with the box (if it's in good condition) considering you didn't have to break the bank as one normally has to do to get one of these in CIB form.

• Like 1

Thx for the tip on the keyboard AdamNet cable, I have a few of those so looks like I have everything needed to test tonight...

BTW, just looked more closely at the pics from the auction and the ADAMnet Cable, Disk Manager disk and two instruction manuals are missing. No big deal as ADAMcon should be able to supply you with these items, but you will have no way to format disks for use on the ADAM and test the unit until you acquire these items and the seller only offers a 14-day money back guarantee.

If you have an older DOS or Windows system with a 5 1/4" drive as well as some extra 5 1/4" SSDD or DSDD disks, you can use the DOS-based programs ADAM Connection and DCopy to supply yourself with the necessary ADAM disks to use for testing purposes and you can use the keyboard ADAMnet Cable hooked to the disk drive instead.

What is Slurpy and Tomarc the Barbarian by XONOX worth CIB?

Slurpy anywhere from 250 to 400. 250 would be considered a good deal as most of them go for around 300.

tomarc the barbarian I haven't seen one come up in a long time but it is usually over $200

That is one pretty Robin Hood NIB/Sealed and I can't imagine this one lasting too much longer even though it's a big nut to pay.

You just don't see Xonox games NIB/Sealed.... probably because their games were amongst the best games developed for any system, ever, and people just had to open them in order to play! :ponder:

Troy_Whelan, on 28 May 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:Troy_Whelan, on 28 May 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

At that price I would have expected it to be perfect. I would have bought it myself, but the corners of the box are worn and there is a tear in the shrink-wrap in one place. Nit picky I know, but when dropping $500 I expect flawless.

Troy

I just want to let you know that you probably won't find one perfect that is brand new. Its hard to find a nice one period NIB or CIB. You may find a opened CIB that is in better condition but I believe this is the first Robin Hood I have ever seen that is still sealed. Unless someone finds a warehouse of those that nobody knew about, that is about as perfect as you can get for a sealed Robin Hood. I wish I had $500 right now to drop and I would get it.

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 3

Yeah, I guess this is pretty darn right on... That was hard to hold back on, but 500 bucks .... Wow...

I just want to let you know that you probably won't find one perfect that is brand new. Its hard to find a nice one period NIB or CIB. You may find a opened CIB that is in better condition but I believe this is the first Robin Hood I have ever seen that is still sealed. Unless someone finds a warehouse of those that nobody knew about, that is about as perfect as you can get for a sealed Robin Hood. I wish I had $500 right now to drop and I would get it.

Yeah, I guess this is pretty darn right on... That was hard to hold back on, but 500 bucks .... Wow...

Hopefully it is someone that really wanted NIB. Because if they were just looking for CIB which not many have come up lately then they severly over paid.

What is Super Action Football (soccer version) worth CIB or Loose ? Thanks

Super action soccer CIB I have seen go from anywhere around $150 to $300 , Most are sold on europe side and if they don't put America allowed selling then they usually don't get big bucks for it.

Super action loose used to be consistent $10 because this one resale shop always had them out on ebay for $10. Haven't noticed if ebay still has a lot of them or not.

I wish I had $500 right now to drop and I would get it.

You could have sold your other SGM to fund the purchase of the Robin Hood NIB. :twisted: Opps, I forgot that the SGM market on eBay has just about collapsed. I guess this all goes to prove that timing is everything in life as well as knowing when to sell and being the first one to sell.

This reminds me that I have to place my order for a second/backup SGM nd spending the money is made easier by knowing the SGM has been revised over the first run SGM.

I would have loved to have gotten that NIB, but I couldn't do ketchup sandwiches for another two weeks again.

Hopefully it is someone that really wanted NIB. Because if they were just looking for CIB which not many have come up lately then they severly over paid.

Super action soccer CIB I have seen go from anywhere around $150 to $300 , Most are sold on europe side and if they don't put America allowed selling then they usually don't get big bucks for it.

Super action loose used to be consistent $10 because this one resale shop always had them out on ebay for $10. Haven't noticed if ebay still has a lot of them or not.

• Like 1

Thanks ! What a difference between CIB and Loose versions !

Thanks ! What a difference between CIB and Loose versions !

I think it has a lot to do with the US Football being worth next to nothing and most people not realizing that the CBS Football is really soccer. So without the box everyone thinks it is football and worth nothing.

A lot of CIBs of CBS' Super Action Football (Soccer) ended up state-side as well in the late 80's due to the ADAM Users Groups and Mail-Order firms learning of it's existence. Probably not a staggering number, but a lot more than would be expected for a European release that didn't get much press... if any at all here in the States.

That resale shop is selling the reproduction version that was made by TeleGames. It comes in a Bit Corp./TeleGames cart shell (not the CBS style cart shell) and a very good reproduction cart label. There are CIBs of this version as well that come in the TeleGames green plastic clamshell with photocopied insert sheets and instructions.

I was on the fence about the purchase, then I looked closely and talked myself out of it, then I read RelliK's post and talked myself back into it. So yes, the buyer really wanted NIB as trying to get NIB for all of ColecoVision. :) I blame RelliK really, because if I did not respect his opinion the game would still be on eBay! :-D

Troy