IGNORED

Forum Upgrade to 3.2

Albert

I got a couple of times the following error when viewing 'my content':

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_45/skin_search.php on line 803

url: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=15728

Now it seems to work ok. I remember the line numbers (on line ...) being different every time.

And again:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_45/skin_search.php on line 1582

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_45/skin_topic.php on line 601

(I used the deflection skip)

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/vorash/applications/core/sources/classes/attach/class_attach.php on line1104

And the 500 error:

www.atariage.com: Error 500: Internal Server Error

Edited by roland p

And this error page when viewing new content:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@atariage.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I seem to remember I could easily access various sections of the site proper (specifically system-related) on the tabs above. Or am I incorrect in my memory? If so, it was a hell of a lot easier to just click on '2600' to go to that section instead of first main site and then the former.

I haven't been getting any errors lately, but I wish you could revert back to the way the text boxes worked before this upgrade.

Here's one example:

You could highlight some plain text, click on the link icon, then paste in the URL. You could also triple-click on a URL, click the link icon, then paste in the plain text. It was an intelligent feature. It automatically knew what you were trying to do.

Try doing that with this new crap. You can't. All you can do is enter a URL. Whoever made this new 'improvement' at Invision needs to be fired.

Edited by Random Terrain
  • Like 2

Any progress on the less script intensive skin? Even the mobile phone skin is slow at loading pages and doesn't have any good basic click boxes like the older skin we had before. This is killing anyone with a slow server.

I love Atari Age and still can't believe the forum is so much slower then the main site. Come on, its only a forum for posting and reading messages, get rid of all the java script unnecessary fluff!

I'll continually slug thru the messages since I do enjoy the reads here. Since pages take longer to load here at Atari Age, wouldn't the less total hits or visits be a concern for revenue?

I forgot to mention that I got a slew of emails Saturday morning about all the threads I had been following, so I went to my settings and it was set on immediate notifications, so I switched it to something else, saved it and switched it back and now seems to be working normally again. Still not sure what caused the issue and why I seemed to be the only person having it :?

I just set the limit for "My Content" to 365 days, at least as a temporary measure. If you continue to get memory errors, please tell me exactly what you are clicking on so I can try to reproduce the issue(s) and report them to Invision. It's the weekend so they aren't responding to my trouble ticket, but I'm sure there will be a lot of activity on it tomorrow.

Thanks,

..Al

After I click on "View New Content" and then "New since my last visit" and either "Topics I participated in" or "Topics I started" I don't see a full list of threads that have been updated sine my last logon to AA. I'm pretty sure that this was working a few days ago (but maybe I didn't notice).

My fix is turning off Java Script when visiting Atari Age Forums, pages now load a lot faster.

A pain having to turn it on to get the full edit reply box though.

Just curious, what kind of computer do you have and what web browser are you using?

..Al

iMac G3 CRT

I keep this retro computer since it supports OS9 and OSX dual boot. I have a lot of classic mac games that only work in OS9 such as Jazz Jack Rabbit, Myst Exile, Tomb Raider, Lemmings, and others.

I use Safari 4.13 under OSX 10.4 and turn off Java Script under the Develope Bar. For Replies, I turn Java Script back on temporarily to get the full edit window. I then turn Java Script back off while reading the forums for FAST page loads. This is the only Forum I have to turn off Java Script to get a decent page load speed. Take a look at the Racketboy Forums, see how much faster the pages load there.

Alright, Tapatalk has fixed the problems with their app and IP.Board! That means that everything in the application should function now, including the all important "Latest" functionality (basically, "View New Content"). I've been playing around with it for a few minutes and it seems to work great. This is a nice app for browsing the forum, as it's quite fast and you can upload pictures from your mobile device when posting, which you cannot do within Safari (for those of us using an iPhone/iPad).

tapatalk_works.png

You can learn more about Tapatalk here:

http://tapatalk.com/

..Al

"view New Content" used to be around 5 minutes (or so) behind the Spy page on the last version of the forum Currently its about 30 minutes.

Starving children in China have to wait 24 hours or more, so eat your 30 minutes and be glad you have it! :-D

I remember a time when new content and the list of active threads that you posted in (my content) were pretty much listed instantly. There was no waiting. If somebody posted something, you knew about it almost instantly. This Invision crap seems to get slower and slower with every upgrade. If I win the PCH 10 million dollars, I'll use every bit of it to destroy Invision, then Albert will have to choose another company that isn't run by inept, clueless half-wits.

Edited by Random Terrain

After I click on "View New Content" and then "New since my last visit" and either "Topics I participated in" or "Topics I started" I don't see a full list of threads that have been updated sine my last logon to AA. I'm pretty sure that this was working a few days ago (but maybe I didn't notice).

I *was* seeing this, and now I see "NO NEW CONTENT" completely, for either one - "New since my last visit" and/or "Content I have not read."

When I click on "in the last 24 hours" I see what I've been missing, but what may be some of what I've read, too. It DOES seem that this was working a few days ago. :?

• Like 1

I *was* seeing this, and now I see "NO NEW CONTENT" completely, for either one - "New since my last visit" and/or "Content I have not read."

When I click on "in the last 24 hours" I see what I've been missing, but what may be some of what I've read, too. It DOES seem that this was working a few days ago. :?

Me too... I noticed this starting last night