IGNORED

Forum Upgrade to 3.2

Albert

View new content... I get zero results when viewing items I haven't read or since last visit or past 24 hours. For the past week through to the past year, I get 12 pages of items (comparing the past week to the past 2 weeks also shows some differences where there shouldn't be, but I haven't investigated to see where the differences occur).

I keep getting this occasionally when I click the 'View new content' button.

www.atariage.com Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Then when I click on the "here" (see above) to refresh i get a 404 error.

That and i'm seeing a large amount of debug info on the bottom of the page.

Current browser . Latest version of Firefox

Connection: Wireless

Computer: Toshiba Satellite Laptop

Win 7 32bit

2GB ram

AMD Semperon SI-42

Don't know if any of that helps.

I just noticed the direct PM icons are missing from each member's Avatar. The old Forum allowed for a direct convenient click to PM anyone, now two clicks with slow page loads are needed.

Sorry I keep hitting on the slow page loads, but for an upgrade, it sure is less friendly.

Looking forward to the old skin, hopefully has less Java Script.

I just noticed the direct PM icons are missing from each member's Avatar. The old Forum allowed for a direct convenient click to PM anyone, now two clicks with slow page loads are needed.

You only need ONE click to send someone a PM. Simply hover over a member's username and their user info card will pop up. On that is a "PM This Member" button.

Sorry I keep hitting on the slow page loads, but for an upgrade, it sure is less friendly.

It's hard for me to be sympathetic when you are using a 13 year old computer. Tons of sites use Javascript, and Javascript is going to be very slow on older hardware, unfortunately.

Looking forward to the old skin, hopefully has less Java Script.

The "old skin" is going to have the exact same Javascript as the current skin. In fact, I am not doing a skin from scratch, I am modifying this skin to give it a more AtariAge-centric skin.

..Al

Also, I just checked out the posted image of the new AA forum skin, and it looks perfect. Great job.

Here's another screenshot:

atariage_32_skin_shot_2.png

I now have the header from the main site at the top, complete with the images of the 2600, 5200, etc. when you roll over those links. That's been missing for a while. I also have a plan to greatly reduce the vertical size of the main index. I'll be able to spend a good chunk of time on the skin tomorrow morning, and may be able to make it available then. I've been using it all day, just need to fix a few important things (like the search area at the top, and the "View New Content" link is missing).

..Al

• Like 2

Also, I just checked out the posted image of the new AA forum skin, and it looks perfect. Great job.

post-3-0-06414700-1317245339_thumb.png

I now have the header from the main site at the top, complete with the images of the 2600, 5200, etc. when you roll over those links. That's been missing for a while. I also have a plan to greatly reduce the vertical size of the main index. I'll be able to spend a good chunk of time on the skin tomorrow morning, and may be able to make it available then. I've been using it all day, just need to fix a few important things (like the search area at the top, and the "View New Content" link is missing).

..Al

Looks awesome Al! Feels like home.

post-3-0-06414700-1317245339_thumb.png

Looking good. Got a screenshot of what the blogs will look like?

The chatrooms' ability to work is a hit or miss. Some people can't get it to work, others are fine.

I think this is an issue with Invision's chat server. If people are getting an error, knowing what the exact error is would help. Will have to investigate to see if other sites are having problems connecting to it.

..Al

Looking good. Got a screenshot of what the blogs will look like?

I haven't done anything to the Blogs yet, although they inherit most of the CSS-related changes I've made so far (colors, fonts, etc.) I will need to do some Blog-specific work, but I probably won't have to touch it too much.

..Al

View new content link is working fine for me. Also, I just checked out the posted image of the new AA forum skin, and it looks perfect. Great job.

Chris

Worked fine last night But mow when I hit View New Content for Past 24 hours I get Sorry, no new content found.

If I click Past week I get a listing

Worked fine last night But mow when I hit View New Content for Past 24 hours I get Sorry, no new content found.

If I click Past week I get a listing

Invision is still looking into this, although it's taking longer than I would like. Please be patient, and there are many ways you can view older content (such as content within last 24 hours).

..Al

Even though it's not done, I've opened up the proper AtariAge skin so everyone can use it. Be forewarned, though, that you will see some weirdness when I am actually editing the skin. :) You can select the skin at the bottom of the page by clicking on "Change Theme" and then "AtariAge Dev".

atariage_dev_skin.png

I will be tweaking it a bit over the next few days, but will be devoting a large block of time to it on Saturday.

..Al

• Like 1