IGNORED

Wich one of these two Prince of Persia you prefer?

José Pereira

Sprites and colours&luminances (can be others) apart, what of these two Rocks type you think look better designed/better looking:  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Sprites and colours&luminances apart(can be others), what of these two Rocks type you think look better designed/better looking:

• PC original looking
    • C64 remake looking

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

C64 Version uses 512 KB out of 1 MB EasyFlash cart. So PoP on ATARI could probably land on 1 MB MaxFlash or 512 KB SIC! cart or both (the best option ;) ) Did someone started coding it? I so, based on mrsid's C64 sources?

Edited by Jacques

I would like to have a 320 RAM version. I got three 1MByte FlashCarts, however, I don't want to over-flash them each time I play another game.

Maybe it is possible to do both versions when you think about from the start. In the it boils down to some assembler directives like "if/else/endif".

But I am not dictating anyone what to do, I'll be happy with any PoP at least it does not need more then 320 RAM :)

On a side note:

Is it just me or is emkay the only person who is disrespecting the dev tools we got?

I can totally understand the frustration, honestly. I am just curious if he is the only one :)

@emkay: do you know dreckstool.de ? :)

On a side note:

Is it just me or is emkay the only person who is disrespecting the dev tools we got?

I can totally understand the frustration, honestly. I am just curious if he is the only one :)

@emkay: do you know dreckstool.de ? :)

hehe....

Possibly I'm the 1st one encountering those problems, because I want to try always to reach what the A8 can do ... ;)

Nice efforts :) However I'd prefer "close to original title screen" :)

Actually I agree with this sentiment. The original screen gives it a more authentic feel, and STE has done a magnificent job on the C64.

My original reason for creating this screen (which is unfinished btw) was because I think it will be quite a bit more difficult to emulate the original screen on the Atari, due to the amount and placement of the colors needed. However, I may have overestimated this to some degree. Also, I liked to idea of being able to use hi-res for the title text.

Anyway, I certainly wouldn't feel slighted if someone wanted to do a more authentic version for the Atari.

Edited by MrFish

Gave G2F a 2nd chance....

post-2756-0-45940200-1319226292_thumb.png

poptxta.xex

Yes, very good, exactly like the original.

Emkay it's soo exactly like the C64 that I couldn't see the Brown at the bottom untill I zoomed it...

Just kiding, but can you get some different Brown or other that it can be seen within the Red?

Just an idea.

Thanks.

poptxta.xex

Emkay it's soo exactly like the C64 that I couldn't see the Brown at the bottom untill I zoomed it...

Just kiding, but can you get some different Brown or other that it can be seen within the Red?

Just an idea.

Thanks.

Nah. It's better than the "original" due to the better fitting colours. ;)

poptxta.xex

Just an idea.

Thanks.

Emkay, on the bottom symbols you have there the brown colour or nothing it's the same...

Even if we zoom the image we just see the symbols in black and yellow...

It's just better luminance, something that could be seen in the Red paper colour (ZX talking ;) ).

poptxta.xex

Just an idea.

Thanks.

Emkay, on the bottom symbols you have there the brown colour or nothing it's the same...

Even if we zoom the image we just see the symbols in black and yellow...

It's just better luminance, something that could be seen in the Red paper colour (ZX talking ;) ).

post-6517-0-14386700-1319277043_thumb.png

That's not simple because of the Dark Red... but here I put a Pale Green on the first symbol on the left... and it is almost if there wasn't other colour/luminance there but, for sure, there's some better to be seen you can pu there...

Edited by José Pereira

Btw. which palette do you use, because the "red ist too brown" there. It's two hue steps in difference.

Laoo.

EDIT: You forgot to center the picture on screen.

For a normal C64 200scanlines high and at a G2F Char-Mode I usually get Blank lines as:

-> Two Char-Lines (16scanlines) on top

and

-> Three (24scanlines) on bottom.

Just my taste...

Edited by José Pereira

Btw. which palette do you use, because the "red ist too brown" there. It's two hue steps in difference.

Laoo.

For a normal C64 200scanlines high and at a G2F Char-Mode I usually get Blank lines as:

and

Just my taste...

I get a "division by 0" , when trying to move the screen down.

Laoo.

and

Just my taste...

I first center the screen and then use G2F.

I never tried to move screen.

I will try to see how it works.

P.s.- Couldn't resist to try: I get an image upside down but then I finally get...

You choose the limits of the picture, COPY and then PASTE it on the desired place.

If there are anything of the old placed gfxs. you just erase them.

Laoo.

and

Just my taste...

I first center the screen and then use G2F.

I never tried to move screen.

I will try to see how it works.

P.s.- Couldn't resist to try: I get an image upside down but then I finally get...

You choose the limits of the picture, COPY and then PASTE it on the desired place.

If there are anything of the old placed gfxs. you just erase them.

I know how this bugware works. The problems begin when chosing different resolutions on the screen.

I told several times, but no fixing... just like all my notes seem to be ignored... same with some other tool... as the PM handling in the GTIA mode. There is still no logic, why the multicolour PM is not shown when GTIA mode is used, as there is no change even on the A8 (for example)...

So, someone wonders about my disrespect on such software? The ignoring of my bugreports was first...

People really should learn to make a difference between vision and phantasy ;)

Edited by emkay

You know, bitching about the tools people have written, gratis mind you, without actually doing anything to contribute to the progress of said tools sucks complete ass. Stepping on dick again, it seems.

You have some sexual problems? Or still nothing to say?

Contribute something to the thread or keep closed. Thanks.

Edited by emkay

I am under no obligation to do anything you say Emkay. You bitch a lot, raise high expectations, bitching when they are not met too, and do essentially nothing in return. Now, there are some here who also do that, but then again, they are building things too. Whole different ball game. Assigning commercial quality expectations to what is a hobby development scene AT BEST, is just offensive.

You can see my various contributions to it easily enough.

Oh yeah, bite me. And you are welcome! Let me know how I can help with all of that. Heh, I wasn't the one who was featured in a "eat shit dude" demo either! LOL!!

Edited by potatohead
  • Like 2