IGNORED

Wich one of these two Prince of Persia you prefer?

José Pereira

Sprites and colours&luminances (can be others) apart, what of these two Rocks type you think look better designed/better looking:  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Sprites and colours&luminances apart(can be others), what of these two Rocks type you think look better designed/better looking:

• PC original looking
    • C64 remake looking

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I like the type 2/6 poly but the problem with the 15 KHz bass is that too many notes can't fall on their proper frequency.

But then if 16-bit @ 1.77 is used, we lose a voice.

That tune would be interesting if the sawtooth waveform was used.

We still have the possibilities

a) 16 bit supporting Tracker (better 2 channels real music than 4 channels without harmonics)

b) Polycounter Reset supporting Tracker (shaping the polycounter basses)

c) Envelope correction in cycle speed, not VBI speed (not listenable noise)

Seconded.

Don't let frustration get to you Jose'

This stuff is all about having fun, however you best do that. When it's not fun, that is a signal to step back and move to a place where it is again fun.

I personally have bumped into all kinds of great larks reading a Jose' thread. (lark = happy distraction)

Edited by potatohead
  • Like 2

post-6517-0-21882100-1318707743_thumb.png

There's no Black on the Pillars and not need for PMs. Mask.

Based on SNES version 32bytes wide but more scanlines high (more scanlines but less cicles on the width, the cycles are, more or less, the same).

The way the Rocks are displayed on screen, always at char boundaries it seems it could be done from scratch in Char-Mode And add a 5th colour.

Edited by José Pereira

Based on SNES version 32bytes wide but more scanlines high (more scanlines but less cicles on the width, the cycles are, more or less, the same).

The way the Rocks are displayed on screen, always at char boundaries it seems it could be done from scratch in Char-Mode And add a 5th colour.

why do I feel nausea, seeing this picture?

why do I feel nausea, seeing this picture?

Probably because it isn't finished yet?

Some more further W.I.P:

post-6517-0-82883400-1318713755_thumb.png

:arrow:

It's a case of putting the cart before the horse... the C64 dox and source & Apple 2 rev engineering needs looking at before any sort of guestimation of the effort required can be guaged.

Then it's a case of someone putting their hand up and giving away months of their free time.

The graphics are just window dressing in the scheme of things, probably 95% done for us anyhow, and small beans compared to the programming.

As for the cause - moaning and upper case abuse only serves to drive people away from it.

• Like 1

It's a case of putting the cart before the horse... the C64 dox and source & Apple 2 rev engineering needs looking at before any sort of guestimation of the effort required can be guaged.

Then it's a case of someone putting their hand up and giving away months of their free time.

The graphics are just window dressing in the scheme of things, probably 95% done for us anyhow, and small beans compared to the programming.

As for the cause - moaning and upper case abuse only serves to drive people away from it.

Pah! says you who didnt convert 200 odd sprite frames and draw all the intro data.

would these 2 or 3 projects you are working on be the same ones as last year perchance?

1 is a couple of years old, went on the backburner a while back, others are very recent.

I'm not saying there was any lack of effort on the C64 dev team part, I was saying that the hard yards in that regard are mostly done, ie - nowhere near the orignal amount of work required to get them working for A8.

http://noname.c64.or...ease/?id=102248

C64 version was released a short while ago.

You need WinVICe 2.2 or later to run it.

Note the D64 image is only to flash EasyFlash carts, use the .CRT file to run on emulation.

Grab WinVICe here http://www.viceteam.org/#download

I found out you can skip levels by pushing left on the 1st joystick (the one not being used for game-play).

Note the D64 image is only to flash EasyFlash carts, use the .CRT file to run on emulation.

I found out you can skip levels by pushing left on the 1st joystick (the one not being used for game-play).

That's what I always thought. Many games were never really played through by the developers ;)

That's what I always thought. Many games were never really played through by the developers ;)

That's the same thing when someones posts some ways of... and didn't even load the sprites or a game map.

Probably playing would be asking for too much ;) ...

That's the same thing when someones posts some ways of... and didn't even load the sprites or a game map.

It's more like people don't know anything about programming a machine and have no idea of the available resources, wanting too much of it ;)

It's more like people don't know anything about programming a machine and have no idea of the available resources, wanting too much of it ;)

You'll wait and you'll see...

Edited by José Pereira

I don't know why I didn't notice this before, but the second comment on http://popc64.blogspot.com/2011/10/prince-of-persia-for-commodore-64128.html

Jordan said... 'That's crazy! Back in 1989, when I was making POP on the Apple II, I couldn't get anyone interested in doing a C64 port... because it was too old a system :)'

In an excessively lawyer-happy era where everyone clamps down on 30+ years of games history in the hope they can sell a few copies on the iPhone bundled with an emulator that's actually quite a refreshing attitude.

I hope Ataris lawyers are reading this ;)