IGNORED

Wich one of these two Prince of Persia you prefer?

José Pereira

Sprites and colours&luminances (can be others) apart, what of these two Rocks type you think look better designed/better looking:  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Sprites and colours&luminances apart(can be others), what of these two Rocks type you think look better designed/better looking:

• PC original looking
    • C64 remake looking

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I would like to contribute somehow to a potential port... even with my not much skilled 6502 knowledge... :)

Well if you are up for it pm me, I started writing generic bitmap mode sprite routine. PMs will require little shifting around but all is doable...

Hm.....

I wonder if we have to empty the US main Cornstores. Waiting for a final Atari Prince of Persia could cause a shortage there. All that Popcorn for waiting ... ;)

I would like to contribute somehow to a potential port... even with my not much skilled 6502 knowledge... :)

Well if you are up for it pm me, I started writing generic bitmap mode sprite routine. PMs will require little shifting around but all is doable...

Hm.....

I wonder if we have to empty the US main Cornstores. Waiting for a final Atari Prince of Persia could cause a shortage there. All that Popcorn for waiting ... ;)

At least someone has intentions and guts to start...

Emkay I usually go out feeding some Animals near me including Piggeons.

Why don't you also go and use some of that Corn to feed the Piggeons. There are Piggeons everywhere!...

;-)

Hm.....

At least someone has intentions and guts to start...

Emkay I usually go out feeding some Animals near me including Piggeons.

Why don't you also go and use some of that Corn to feed the Piggeons. There are Piggeons everywhere!...

;-)

Why not eat the Pigeons? Eating takes longer and less birddo everywhere ;)

Lots of W.I.P. lately ;) ...

Like, for example, this W.I.P.:

post-6517-0-01313300-1319081375_thumb.png

Also great because I finally get myself how to use GED's Mid-scanlines changes using G2F and could sucessfuly have that 'M' in a different luminance than the other text ;-) .

Now it's time to work on the Top & Bottom part...

Very difficult trying to mix Medium and Hi-resolution :P ...

Edited by José Pereira

will midline changes not screw up on NTSC?

Good question...

Probably someone here can give an answer to that...

(I only can check it on Emulator Atari800WinPlus and it works on both PAL and NTSC)

But the Mid-scanline changing it's just 'my like' of having that 'M' in a different luminance as even the 16bit versions have it the same colour as the text.

Edited by José Pereira

If no Mid-scanline changes:

post-6517-0-19066900-1319092698_thumb.png

If there are cycles for that it can be added later.

Now, only left to remake the bottom part.

:P

???

I hope the border will get more unique? As you can double 3 players easily with midline changes.

And do underlays with missiles where the letters have to be highlighted, you still can keep charmode there.

As it is a still image, you can rebuild it 99% for the A8 ... just some different colours got to be used.

If no Mid-scanline changes:

post-6517-0-19066900-1319092698_thumb.png

If there are cycles for that it can be added later.

Now, only left to remake the bottom part.

:P

???

I hope the border will get more unique? As you can double 3 players easily with midline changes.

And do underlays with missiles where the letters have to be highlighted, you still can keep charmode there.

As it is a still image, you can rebuild it 99% for the A8 ... just some different colours got to be used.

Emkay by now I am porting that picture with some A8 possibilities... And by now I like the colours I have.

About Players re-use and Mid-scanlines change in G2F it's exactly like in 'Little Britain' on the Travel Agency:

"The computer says NO!"

No, because I need ANTIC4 on the Top and Bottom Multicolour and then I have two options:

-> Have GED with no BadLines that is all screen in Bitmap Mode

(In G2F I can't have some lines in Bitmap Mode to use GED and others in Char-Mode)

-> Use ANTIC4 and no GED possible because I need GED also on those BadLines.

By now the screen is all in CharMode.

Later, when it's finished I'll see if I get someone that change the Hi-Resolution in GR.0 to GR.8 Bitmap mode and add the PF2 Mid-scanline change to get the large 'M' a different luminance, and who knows what more will be possible...

Now I am facing the part that I don't like:

post-6517-0-50699800-1319096724_thumb.png

Have to 're-build' all those symbols at the bottom... And what a sh... as they are with lots of dithering and those C64 Pallete Brown and Pink it's making my Eyes :-o

Tiles from those old times were earthy, subdued (unsaturated) colours, so probably yes.

The intro screens are probably best in bitmap anyhow - most of the data is text and it would probably use less memory to render it.

Advantage there would be that it could be done progressively, appearing over a second or so rather than just flashing up.

Look at this one:

post-2756-0-73776300-1319099732_thumb.png

Guess how many DLIs I have used there....

There you haven't used any DLI because:

-> Using PRIOR1 on Hi-Resolution (5th Player/4Missiles less priority than Players)

-> If that is a Light Brown ten you have (same as me) two Missiles quadruple width with 5th Player enabled gives you colour (Yellowish/Lighest Brown) and takes PF1 luminance (Dark Brown)

-> Large letters can then be Mid-scanline changes or two Players.

See there's no DLIs.

If it is not this then what I write now doesn't also have a single DLI.

And there are still two Players that can be used.

Look at this one:

post-2756-0-73776300-1319099732_thumb.png

Guess how many DLIs I have used there....

There you haven't used any DLI because:

-> Using PRIOR1 on Hi-Resolution (5th Player/4Missiles less priority than Players)

-> If that is a Light Brown ten you have (same as me) two Missiles quadruple width with 5th Player enabled gives you colour (Yellowish/Lighest Brown) and takes PF1 luminance (Dark Brown)

-> Large letters can then be Mid-scanline changes or two Players.

See there's no DLIs.

If it is not this then what I write now doesn't also have a single DLI.

And there are still two Players that can be used.

WRONG!

Oops, wrong.

-> The Missiles quadruple width are in the two large letters and there's still two Missiles to use.

-> The two Players taht gets the Yellowish/Lighest Brown are two players.

And there's still, the same, two players not used.

Oops, wrong.

-> The Missiles quadruple width are in the two large letters and there's still two Missiles to use.

-> The two Players taht gets the Yellowish/Lighest Brown are two players.

And there's still, the same, two players not used.

Almost ;)

But, as you might see, it's an easy task to have the screen the right way.

Someone working on the main title?