IGNORED

Wich one of these two Prince of Persia you prefer?

José Pereira

Sprites and colours&luminances (can be others) apart, what of these two Rocks type you think look better designed/better looking:  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Sprites and colours&luminances apart(can be others), what of these two Rocks type you think look better designed/better looking:

• PC original looking
    • C64 remake looking

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Ok, to change a bit current atmosphere here... ;)

First (or second) attempt to make some sound for it.

At first main "Prince..." theme, to play with (it uses only 15kHz filter). Emkay? :)

I know. It could be better but I'm now very short on time...

Enjoy.

prince1.rmt.zip

Edited by miker
  • Like 1

At first main "Prince..." theme, to play with (it uses only 15kHz filter). Emkay? :)

Enjoy.

Now wait untill Emkay listen it and you would turn into the 'choosen one'

:mad:

Rybags you'd need a Pillar that is related to the walls Rocks.

If the walls rocks are linear/Cubic then the Pillars must also be the same type.

That's where my 'Stonehenge ' idea enters:

post-6517-0-73588400-1318663500_thumb.jpg

See, it's better re-design just a couple of Tiles of one or two Gfxs. images than destroy a good looking gfxs ;) .

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 1

post-6517-0-06756800-1318664206.png

My first idea was based on the Gameboy version but with real Stone looking/dither like the previous Rock Pillars and the ones on the Walls.

But then, I was reading again the older PoP Thread and saw a remake of a screen done by Oky2000:

post-6517-0-37585800-1318664587_thumb.gif

(this last one is based on the St version:post-6517-0-62708700-1318664646_thumb.gif)

Edited by José Pereira

Enjoy.

Calm down, ok?

Or finally learn how to code and go make the game yourself. :P

• Like 1

If it is to remake the Gfxs. we should quote Oky2000 and use it's Rocks looking.

See, Emkay? You have three colours on the Rocks but good looking ones ;) ...

Just a quick 'A8 paleted':

post-6517-0-16949900-1318665612_thumb.png

We can use the C64 in the way that we know and can see the needed Tiles:

post-6517-0-25517500-1318665683_thumb.png

Then we choose wich ones we have to change and the ones that seems better on C64.

And I have seen by now the Oky200 Tiles and they are in the same size as the C64 ones, it's just replace ones for the others.

Enjoy.

Calm down, ok?

Or finally learn how to code and go make the game yourself. :P

Why don't you also go and code games?

Why? Because you are one of the best in todays and all times Music making in A8 and prefer to do the Music and others do the code.

I think I am also in a good way in all my 'thoughts/ways of...' converting games and I know I can get good IMHO on the gfxs and colours/luminance stuff.

And I am always learning... I can't code but am constantly learning how things worked that's why I know what I am saying when I post something.

There is a place to all.

We can't do all but if we joined what eachone are better then we can get great things!...

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 2

Enjoy.

You know, I'm not using RMT anymore. But, I'd try to manage the main voice with generator 6, when using the basses at 15kHz.

That generator has the typical needed sound for that "persian touch".

If it is to remake the Gfxs. we should quote Oky2000 and use it's Rocks looking.

See, Emkay? You have three colours on the Rocks but good looking ones ;) ...

I didn't mind, the hot persian environment is that cold to have ice on the stones ;)

Just a quick 'A8 paleted':

post-6517-0-16949900-1318665612_thumb.png

We can use the C64 in the way that we know and can see the needed Tiles:

post-6517-0-25517500-1318665683_thumb.png

Then we choose wich ones we have to change and the ones that seems better on C64.

And I have seen by now the Oky200 Tiles and they are in the same size as the C64 ones, it's just replace ones for the others.

Den Teufel mit dem Beelzebub austreiben?

I didn't mind, the hot persian environment is that cold to have ice on the stones ;)

It can now be changed those type of into some Dithering best.

It's still better than those uggly Apple2 Dither you posted.

EDIT: Emkay we know that yours are always the better and that all others are wrong!

Edited by José Pereira

Enjoy.

You know, I'm not using RMT anymore. But, I'd try to manage the main voice with generator 6, when using the basses at 15kHz.

That generator has the typical needed sound for that "persian touch".

Well, first I played "Prince..." on PC with Hercules card and NO soundcard. ;)

So I tried to make the music similar to that made by PC-speaker (but with more voices) :D

I think I am also in a good way in all my 'thoughts/ways of...' converting games and I know I can get good IMHO on the gfxs and colours/luminance stuff.

And I am always learning... I can't code but am constantly learning how things worked that's why I know what I am saying when I post something.

I liked this, because you are very entertaining, José.

It seems you don't think that programmers are smart enough to estimate requirements in respect to machine capabilities and can balance them.

You never find a smart programmer, because smart programmers simply don't need you.

You aren't even able to contribute convincing graphics which doesn't come from someone else.

I don't say this in anger, I just like to tell you how programmers here may think about you 'genius' solutions.

You said that you 'deserve' a PoP participation, if someone decides to code it. Why?

Because you have thought about things, a programmer has to think about anyway when doing it?

Because you 'cleared' the way to a successful conversion?

What, if nearly nothing of your suggestions will be/can be used?

Edited by Irgendwer
  • Like 2

I liked this, because you are very entertaining, José.

It seems you don't think that programmers are smart enough to estimate requirements in respect to machine capabilities and can balance them.

You never find a smart programmer, because smart programmers simply don't need you.

You aren't even able to contribute convincing graphics which doesn't come from someone else.

I don't say this in anger, I just like to tell you how programmers here may think about you 'genius' solutions.

You said that you 'deserve' a PoP participation, if someone decides to code it. Why?

Because you have thought about things, a programmer has to think about anyway when doing it?

Because you 'cleared' the way to a successful conversion?

What, if nearly nothing of your suggestions will be/can be used?

Lets see what will come.

(MY IDEAS CAN WORK LIKE OTHERS ARE WORKING.

BUT IT SEEMS THAT SOME GUYS HERE ARE JEALOUS OF OTHERS EFFORTS AND OTHERS WORK BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO DO NOTHING)

My ideas work like mostly of others.

I have games with coders using my Ideas and that I developed all the things behind.

And lets see what games are on the way with my ideas that coders just need to have time.

MOST OF YOU DON'T DO NOTHING AND PREFER TO BE HERE ALWAYS PUT DOWN OTHERS WORK.

PUT DOWN OTHERS LIKES, PUT DOWN OTHER EFFORTS...

I LIKE WHAT I DO AND IT'S MY TIME THAT I WASTE.

AND YES, PROBABLY IF I DON'T CAME UP WITH THIS AGAIN THERE WOULDN'T BE ANYONE INTERESTED.

AND YES, CODERS NEED ME AS WE ALL NEED THE OTHERS IN ALL OTHER THINGS IN LIFE.

(SOME OF THE GUYS THAT ARE WORKING WITH ME NEEDS MY WORK BECAUSE THEY DON'T BOTHER TO GET GFXS AND TWO HEADS THINKING ARE ALWAYS BETTER THAN ONE).

AND PLEASE TAKE OFF THAT 'LIKE' FROM MY POST. I DON'T DO THINGS TO HAVE HUNDREDS OF REPUTATION POINTS.

IT SEEMS THAT THE MOSTLY OF THE ONES WITH MORE REPUTATION POINTS ARE THE ONES THAT ARE JUST HERE ANSWERING AND PUT DOWN OTHERS AND/OR DON'T CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING TO THE COMMUNITY!

AND IF THIS THAT YOU REALLY WANT:

post-6517-0-41096300-1318671577_thumb.png

Now Albert will you ban me or I have to post something more explicit here?

It will be better for some people ;) that would like to continue doing nothinhg or sh... games when other computers like C64 get great games.

Thanks.

Greets.

José Pereira.

Edited by José Pereira

AND IF THIS THAT YOU REALLY WANT:

post-6517-0-41096300-1318671577_thumb.png

Now Albert will you ban me or I have to post something more explicit here?

As we've learned, Albert seems to be a fan of this talking (looking at OKY2000). ;)

It will be better for some people ;) that would like to continue doing nothinhg or sh... games when other computers like C64 get great games.

Thanks.

Your mistake is to try C64 into A8. That simply doesn't work. Same with 3D, where A8 always is the chief.

So, I'd still prefer some ego perspective jump&run.... why not with the PoP story?

Irgendwer can you, please stop clicking on 'Like This' button on my Posts.

I don't bother with that stuff of reputation but if someone gives me Points, at least if it is for good things that I get.

There is nothing to rate there.

(But you also get one more Point to your Reputation from another one of your type...)

Your name translation is 'One' but I think you are not 'One', for me you are 'No One' :P

The same will go to all others that constantly came with the usual with 'blah, bah,...' to me and all my Posts"

You simply ignore my Posts!

And go out of here and do some usefull things to the A8 community

Edited by José Pereira

Irgendwer you were almost there... Almost there, almost reaching that 'number' ;-) so I gave you some help.

I also offer you two Reputation Points.

You now, finally get a 69 :grin: !...

:-o

Now that the Match it's 2:2 to each on Points it seems it is better not to continue Rating our Posts... Or we will become the most important guys here on the A8 Forum, and, probably in all of the A8 Universe.

:lol:

Reputation sucks!...

Edited by José Pereira

Returning to what this Topic is supposed to be...

At least get a gome real looking version and try to have the Pillars without Black...

Also from that older Thread and from MrFish:

post-6517-0-05999400-1318682377_thumb.png

(I tried to get the Black off the Walls but is there always that 'all high Pillar in a Collums type, like, for example those gigantic Stonehenge type)

Mr Fish gfxs. seems to me the best we have from the first begining and all the C64 stuff can be used but with the newer gfxs (the sizes are the same as C64 Tiles)

And on that older Thread MrFish was also one of the guys trying to get really cool looking screens and sprites.

He also has a Loading screen if a coder wants it:

post-6517-0-29413700-1318682580_thumb.png

I have some ideas about the sprites, Bottles, flames,... and MrFish also...

But probably the coder don't want to ;-) ...

It's like on that Humour series from amazing British Humour in the BBC 'Little Britain':

There is that woman (a man dressing as woman) always on the computer (most of the times in a Travel agency) and the client ask something.

Then she 'key' something on computer and almost all the times you listen "THE COMPUTER SAYS NO!"

Here we have always someone "... says no!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bov7UiyJacA&feature=related

But if you try many times some day the computer may say yes ;-) !

Edited by José Pereira