IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

Pinball Arcade would have to support your vertically oriented monitor for it to do you any good.

What's the purpose of orienting a modern computer monitor vertically for? Some special purpose beyond gaming I assume where it's handy to have a lot of vertical space?

Edited by Atariboy

Pinball Arcade would have to support your vertically oriented monitor for it to do you any good.

What's the purpose of orienting a modern computer monitor vertically for? Some special purpose beyond gaming I assume where it's handy to have a lot of vertical space?

I have 3 monitors on my main desktop (my other desktop has 2 monitors): my standard 1920x1080, my old 1600x1200, and my vertical monitor.

I read a lot as a student so it helps immensely with that. Reading on a computer is in many ways inferior to books for postgraduate work. But the vertical monitor lets you see a lot more. Really important when you need to understand and relate concepts between the macro level and the micro level.

347ybrr.jpg

now, while on a big desktop landscape monitor, you can span 2 pages on the screen at once, on a laptop, that's problematic as the text is too small when you have 2 simultaneous pages on a 12" screen, and often I'm away from my desktop when studying.

but it also helps with the fun stuff as well:

2w4mqus.jpg

14y7n6c.jpg

n2d4lh.jpg

2i1jfw1.jpg

28jgnzr.jpg

10y1b4k.jpg

2eelrp0.jpg

here's Pinball FX2 in Windows 8 (I captured it myself).

here's Pinball FX2 on the Xbox 360 (I captured it myself as well with the closest camera angle to that available for Windows 8 ):

30ms2vk.jpg

Edited by onlysublime

This didn't sound right to me so I typed in Farsight Addams Family into a search engine and found no such announcement.

I remember seeing it here or on the Pinball Arcade Fans site -- www.pinballarcadefans.com/ back in May '12 or something here.It was stated as coming in November '12,many here and other places were looking forward to it.So was I.

Thanks for the explanation about vertical PC monitors. :)

As for The Addams Family, I'm not seeing anything about it at that link and I'm not seeing anything in several major search engines with several variations of my search terms. We didn't even know that their first Kickstarter table with a major licensed pinball game (The Twilight Zone) was planned until May of last year when the funding campaign kicked off. And that's the month that you say that they announced this one. And since then they've released The Twilight Zone last Fall and done a second Kickstarter and released Star Trek.

I've been wrong plenty of times and maybe I'm wrong here too, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. If I'm wrong, I'm really puzzled why I can't find anything about the announcement, anything about a Kickstarter campaign (Assuming it would be funded similarly to these two other tables), etc.

Edited by Atariboy

I've never seen them announce Addams Family as a table they were doing. The only way they could ever do the table would be to try getting funding via Kickstarter. They've never had a Kickstarter project for The Addams Family table. The next planned Kickstarter project table is for Terminator 2.

I think you're confusing people hoping they'd do the Addams family table with them saying they were going to do it.

When FarSight first announced their plans to go after a famous TV series license, many initially predicted it was going to be the Adams Family. In reality, it turned out to be the Twilight Zone. I think that is where the confusion a few posts up is coming from.

I've never seen them announce Addams Family as a table they were doing. The only way they could ever do the table would be to try getting funding via Kickstarter. They've never had a Kickstarter project for The Addams Family table. The next planned Kickstarter project table is for Terminator 2.

I think you're confusing people hoping they'd do the Addams family table with them saying they were going to do it.

Well,according to the stuff I saw from FarSight Terminator 2 was planned as a June table a little bit back here in one my newsletters on their updates forum.Haven't heard about doing a Kickstarter for it.I've been hearing now Cactus Canyon and another are coming in June.I think,things are still a bit mixed up at FarSight yet. :(

I can't find any confirmation on Terminator 2. I found several postings over there suggesting it's the next Kickstarter project that they have planned including the thread already linked. But strong hints are still classified in the speculation and rumor section rather than being something that's officially announced that they've somehow reneged on by being silent about it.

Also to add some weight to that, it's not on this regularly updated list of confirmed tables on the way.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/23-Confirmed-upcoming-tables

If it's not there, Farsight hasn't actually announced it yet.

Edited by Atariboy

At this point, I think Xbox 360 buyers are just hoping to get anything. :)

The wheels don't seem to be moving any quicker over in Wii U land either after nearly half a year on the market. And I hope that people planning on purchasing a new console this Fall aren't expecting that Pinball Arcade will make a quick appearance over there with all earlier content to date. Or that their PS3 and 360 purchases will grant them access to the PS4/720 versions of their tables (Which I imagine a few are foolishly hoping for).

Edited by Atariboy

Swiftness and logic doesn't seem to be Farsight's strong suit although some of their troubles haven't been their fault.

Maybe if they spent less time making YouTube videos where they seem to constantly pat themselves on the back for making buggy pinball simulations that still don't look real enough, they'd have more time to get things right. :D

• Like 1

I edited that out but it's pretty accurate it seems even if a few of their issues have been out of their hands.

It surprises me that they've had such difficulty. Beyond leaderboards being nonexistant afaik on their last retail release (Like I've said, I played it five minutes and shelved it since it had just been too soon after playing the standard def versions to death and I've yet to give it a real go since then), their last retail release on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 seemed to get glowing reviews at most places with few issues beyond seeing the occasional PS3 owner talking about flipper lag.

I really thought give it six months and they'd be on track (And I was usually urging a bit of patience here). But here we are a year or so later after it hit its first platform and we're still talking about the same things we were last summer.

Edited by Atariboy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There's now a Pinball Arcade Season One bundle available for PS3/Vita. Table packs 1-10 for $29.99.

Also, Best Buy has a slight discount on PSN cards this week... $45 for a $50 card... so takes another 10% off the price.

Edited by boog

There's now a Pinball Arcade Season One bundle available for PS3/Vita. Table packs 1-10 for $29.99.

Also, Best Buy has a slight discount on PSN cards this week... $45 for a $50 card... so takes another 10% off the price.

Read it on their Facebook Page

As one who bought all the releases on day of release for the PS3 I think I will stop buying til Season 2 packs get bundled and discounted

Lots of loyal supporters VERY Pissed off about this me included

Any word yet on when these Pinball simulators will hit Nintendo platforms... If ever? :???:

I'd rather not buy the PS3 version now because I game a whole lot more often on Nintendo. They promised a Wii-U version and have yet to deliver. I'm an absolute nutjob for pinball sims, retro and modern, real tables or imagined, and would love to have my hand on these, but I don't want to invest in the PS3 version with the PS4 on the horizon.

Edited by stardust4ever

Why does it piss you off? This is no different than anything else you buy being discounted.

Individual games yeah I know happens all the time but Every Separate release I think is wrong special deals to get new customers is one thing but

I think it is overboard esp the way Farsight treats its customers/supporters and stretching it self too thin with having to be on every platform (well most).