IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

Yup TZ is available now on PSN. I didn't have any backers codes so I simply bought it.

It's one single table for five bucks.

I realize TZ is considered one of the triple A pinball tables but it worries me this is going to be the pricing scheme, one table for five bucks.

And I can't say it looks all that hot either. I mean, it's alright, but they've made nicer tables for PS3 version.

Still, I'm just happy to finally have a new table after, what, five months of nothing?? (my commiserations to 360 owners who don't even have any DLC yet)

I'm at the point where I don't really care when the next table pack comes out for the 360, haha. I just had a couple hour session with Medieval Madness and Theater of Magic, and I think I've had my fix good enough for the next few months. The tables are far too easy and I literally have to play for 45 minutes or more to get even remotely close to beating my own high scores. It's not even all that fun anymore.

It seems like a lot was botched with the whole Kickstarter deal. I mean, Kickstarter itself is fine, but whatever company/individual does with it afterward(ie ST:TNG's been funded) can go real sour.

I have little to no desire to slap down some $ to get the ST:TNG table made & released for every console except the one I own(Xbox 360). You would think with the huge install base Sony & MS have, that they would do a bit more effort to lobby MS & Sony to get these out. Or just skip the XBLA part & release it on a disc.

Makes me wonder if there's a competing company that can roll in & give Farsight a little fire under there. A Jersey Jack to their Stern. Here's an idea(and a real wild one). Secure the licenses for making digital versions of European pin companies(Zaccaria, Playmatic, CIRSA, etc) and make those tables. Secure the European market for lesser-known tables, and introduce American players to tables they would never get to see.

I did buy the 7.99 pro of TZ wasn't happy about the higher price and only 1 table after playing it was not all that impressed (PS3 Version)

I DLed the Android version of Pinball Arcade for my Galaxy S3 and damn there is a sh*tload more tables including one of my favorites of the electro-mechanical age Big Shot

LOVE to see more of these tables and STNG is on the Android OS but on a Phone little too much for small screen I guess on Tablets its ok I can play Big Shot on my phone pretty easily (not complicated display)

and NO I will never support Farsight on Kickstarter projects I had a feeling it would be F**ked up. esp. since they are OK with M$ and $ony delaying their releases since they can make money off the other platforms

in case people haven't been keeping track (I know I've practically given up following for awhile)

Since it's a new publisher for FarSight (Crave went bankrupt and was their previous publisher which is the reason for the problems releasing on the Xbox). you'll have to get a new Pinball Arcade download platform because it's a new publisher. But luckily, we can redownload all the tables for this new platform without paying more.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/content.php/247-Pinball-Arcade-Fans-Would-Like-To-Wish-Everyone-And-Their-Families-A-SAFE-AND-HAPPY-NEW-YEAR!!!-Plans-For-The-Pinball-Arcade-In-2013-INSIDE!

Xbox 360 : FarSight has selected a new publisher for the Xbox 360 version of the Pinball Arcade! They are currently in the final stages of finalizing the contract and anticipate submitting this new version of the Pinball Arcade in January. FarSight has been assured that all previous purchases can and will be entitled when they re-launch.

FarSight plans to keep everyone updated as best as they can and announce when they have firm release dates. The plan is for The Twilight Zone and Star Trek: The Next Generation (free for kickstarter backers) to be available to purchase on day one. FarSight will collaborate with their new publisher and Microsoft to decide at what increments to release the remaining Table Add-On Packs.

TZ is just okay.It is neat thoiugh.

I'm sort of disappointed in Scared Stiff with the botched camera and viewing on Vita.I played a real machine this last Sat.and this Vita version isn't the same or as good as other TPA titles have been so far. :( I had more fun with the real machine last Sat. ;) :(

I haven't tried Big Shot just yet,loved it on my PSP's Gottlieb Collection though.

According to this, The Pinball Arcade has been submitted for inclusion to the Windows Marketplace. Hopefully it gets approved. Steam keeps rejecting it. I wonder that since Windows is a different platform than Xbox, that they don't have to deal with the publisher/bankruptcy issue that's plaguing the Xbox version.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/3542-The-Pinball-Arcade-Is-On-Its-Way-To-The-Windows-8-Marketplace!!!

Probably because of this:

Speaking to Ars Technica, Carmel clarified that those "excruciating" experiences centered on dealings with Microsoft Studios, the in-house publishing unit that releases independent XBLA games that don't have an established third-party publishing partner (like EA, Activision or Ubisoft). "Contract negotiations [with Microsoft Studios] are drawn out and adversarial," Carmel said. "I've heard many complaints about having to work with a producer, and their terms are the worst among all modern digital distribution channels." (Microsoft refused an opportunity to comment on this story.)

Not only does going through Microsoft Studios mean keeping your game exclusive to Xbox Live Arcade for a certain period of time after launch, but the outfit also takes an additional percentage of a game's revenues on top of the standard cut taken for all Xbox Live Arcade titles, Carmel said. "That's why we see savvy console developers like Supergiant [bastion] and Klei [shank] go through third-party publishers—those publishers get better terms from XBLA (directly) than a small developer could get from Microsoft Studios, and they can launch the game simultaneously on multiple platforms."

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/07/how-certification-requirements-are-holding-back-console-gaming/

• 2 weeks later...

FarSight sent out an email update today. Conveniently, they dodged even mentioning the 360 version at all. Awesome, heh.

What's this...360 you speak of? I never heard of it. Is it a Japanese console or something?

I was tempted to mention on the Farsight facebook the rumor(and that's just it..a rumor) of Microsoft Game Studios being the new publisher. Maybe they won't go out of business. But I wonder if they would strong arm Farsight into not releasing for other platforms, swinging the pendulum too far the other way. But I didn't mention it for fear of being banned.

But really, it's a bit annoying they keep churning out these new tables for every console, except the one you own. I wonder if the publisher went outta business for not releasing games. Heh.

• Like 1

But really, it's a bit annoying they keep churning out these new tables for every console, except the one you own. I wonder if the publisher went outta business for not releasing games. Heh.

If they can get the Wii-U version ready soon, I might jump ship from the 360 and go over to that instead. I need some kind of reason to use it, afterall.. ;)

Do they ever discuss the Wii U version?

Between what Austin already said (Hopefully fewer issues due to being more recent and hopefully having learned from past mistakes), hopefully more cooperation from Nintendo than they're getting from Microsoft, and support for streaming to the gamepad and motion control for nudging balls, I think I'd like to go there for Pinball Arcade.

I haven't bought anything yet. I really need to sit down and play the 360's version of the William's Collection and catch up a bit. Played it so much originally on the PS2 and Wii that it has been on my backburner since buying it not long after release.

Edited by Atariboy

I got Star Trek: TNG today for my PS3. It's pretty low detail, but I like it. I also can't compare it to the original (having never even seen one), but I was having fun playing.

Same here.

As a very avid player of pins since the 70s,I never came across this machine before in the 90s or after.IIRC.I came across every other game out there pretty much though.

ST:TNG on the Vita is fun,also a little bland too.It is neat at times but,I think the detail is a little off.Also,the thing drains too damn much down the center and the sides for my liking. :(

Any news on The Addams Family at all??That was announced earlier last year as coming in Nov. '12,what happened to it?I want to see it and Gilligan's Island here on my Vita in TPA.Yeah,I know,we're getting Attack From Mars and Genie here on 3/26 but,what about some other stuff I heard about??Pinball Arcade Fans and the FarSight site are okay and all for info,it's just I want to see even more info than we're getting.Tee'd Off has been announced but,it seems,we may have a TPA lull here until May or June after we get Mars and Genie next week.Sigh. :( That's not good to hear for me as a TPA fan and a fan of FarSight's products.It sounds like things are going back to what we had last year and earlier this year -- waiting for tables.I thought,they said (FarSight) "We're getting releases back on schedule and regular as announced last year."

I think,FarSight is spreading itself TOO THIN across TOO MANY different units to keep up with their announced "vision" they had last year.I hope,it doesn't spell doom for the neat "arcade" that they've so far delivered and taken upon themselves to try and deliver to everyone out there.Time will tell.I just think a supposed 2 month lull sounds bad on the surface for them between releases again. :ponder: :(

Edited by chris_lynx1989

apparently Zen Pinball/Pinball FX2 is coming to Steam as well. can you imagine? FarSight has spent so much time trying to get on Steam and Zen Studios makes it there first?

Yeah.

It also sounds like FarSight is losing ground because of them dragging their feet and their inner problems with staff screwing the company over.I'm thinking they're in trouble here in all reality. :(

They had better not have another release lull here.I think,it might be quite telling on their future as a developer and with TPA fans.They're already losing and have lost 360 fans here.

Any news on The Addams Family at all??That was announced earlier last year as coming in Nov. '12,what happened to it?[/Quote]

This didn't sound right to me so I typed in Farsight Addams Family into a search engine and found no such announcement.

well, if they get released on Windows 8 like they say they will, I'll move my purchases there. that's actually an advantage because then I can play it on any of my PCs rather than just the 360. And I have a vertical monitor which makes pinball feel so much better. I still can use my 360 controllers which is another benefit.