IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

Twilight zone is out.

I'm not impressed. The console versions hopefully will have more detail than what Android got. It doesn't look... real. Its hard to explain, it looks bland and not real. There's a lot of really weird bounces that I am getting too, that aren't true to the original. The demo has been kinda fun, but its not $8 worth.

Twilight zone is out.

I'm not impressed. The console versions hopefully will have more detail than what Android got. It doesn't look... real. Its hard to explain, it looks bland and not real. There's a lot of really weird bounces that I am getting too, that aren't true to the original. The demo has been kinda fun, but its not $8 worth.

Be grateful you have access to it. I don't want to play it on my Android phone(too tiny), so I'm stuck waiting on 360, and PC for that matter.

Twilight zone is out.

That's exactly why there was no way I was going to give them $10 to get a copy of it through Kickstarter.

The same can be said for every table FarSight has created.

I've yet to get down to really playing the 360's Williams Collection (I spent so much time on the PS2 and then Wii versions that it has been on the backburner since release). But does anyone think that they will quickly get the 360 up to speed when they finally get their publishing agreement or stay several table packs behind?

I'd hate to be buying everything on the 360 when I finally get around to this sometime in the future, have Farsight move on a few years later, and perhaps be stuck with not being able to get the last few table packs on the 360 that other system's received since they kept the platform behind instead of accelerating their release schedule for a few months to catch it up.

Anything happening on the Wii U so far for Pinball Arcade?

Edited by Atariboy

the tables are done for the 360 already. have been for a long time. in fact, all their demo videos of the tables come from the 360 version.

so once the publishing situation gets resolved, I bet they're all going to be released simultaneously. unless Microsoft believes that releasing so many would impact sales too much. But since it's pinball, they'll probably feel like it won't. Microsoft does like to space out releases so that there are no weeks with no releases.

Edited by onlysublime

I wouldn't think even Farsight would want to release them all together. They're going to be want to at least give each release a bit of time in the sun by itself I would think to maximize sales. So I assume they will stagger them out a bit.

I just hope that's the case and that they try to catch us up relatively quickly. Say a release for that month's current DLC, two weeks later release an earlier unreleased DLC pack, and rinse and repeat until caught up with the plan of one DLC pack a month that they're shooting for normally.

Edited by Atariboy

I don't know that I'd waste my time with this game at all on the 360 or PS3. The 360 tables take forever to come out and if there is something that needs to be patched then good luck with that because they'll have to pay MS to patch their game which would then take forever again. The PS3 table downloads are timely but many of us can't play the game at 1080p due to flipper lag. I'm beginning to wonder if they'll ever fix that. I'm not going to go into the video settings of my PS3 and change it 720p every time I want to play this game.

Should I mention that around half the tables currently released are already on disc?

I got to play a real medieval madness last night (color DMD, LED modded, LED's in the trolls), and I must say they drew the ramp distances between the playfield, the separation of the ramps, and how far up the right ramp is in the playfield completely wrong.

• Like 1

I don't know that I'd waste my time with this game at all on the 360 or PS3. The 360 tables take forever to come out and if there is something that needs to be patched then good luck with that because they'll have to pay MS to patch their game which would then take forever again.

the first patch is free. each subsequent patch costs an increasing amount. in other words, get it right, right away.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. Makes me wonder why they even offered that option for those that pledged on their Kickstarter campaigns. There's absolutely no telling when we will get them. :|

Perhaps they should have done a straightforward, non-tiered Kickstarter setup for their new tables. The recent history has told us they don't have the capacity to be rolling out premium features when they are still not getting "good enough" condition tables out, for all platforms.

It's just making bigger backers angrier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If I don't get my TZ code for backing these guys within the next two days they won't see my support in the future on kickstarter and maybe not at all. Apparently the TZ board is out today on PSN. I don't know of any backer that has gotten a PSN code yet. The only word is that they are getting the codes out this week "asap".

:|