IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

finally, an explanation for some of their difficulties on the Xbox platform:

The following is our X-Box announcement from our newsletter:

FarSight offers its apologies for the delays in releasing additional content for the Xbox 360 of Pinball Arcade. We want to assure 360 players that these delays are temporary and we fully intend to continue supporting this console. The issues are not the fault of Microsoft nor are they due to the title update procedure. The 360 is the o

nly platform that we cannot publish on directly. Selling digital content requires a current Publishing License Agreement (PLA) with Microsoft to release games. We are working through complications regarding our publisher Crave Entertainment filing bankruptcy. At this moment, we are not able to submit new content. However, we expect to start rolling out the updates shortly and catch the Table Pack releases on 360 up to the other platforms within a few months.

• Like 2

"We've spent a lot of time making pinball games that don't look any more real than the ones that were made 10 years ago for the PS2. Yes, we know we suck, but we hoped you wouldn't notice. Hey! Look over there! Parts of a pinball machine are magically disappearing!"

post-13-0-52639600-1352111832_thumb.png

• Like 2

it looks a bit rough compared to No Good Gofers which looks like a million bucks. I don't understand why the difference in image quality. Maybe it's just me.

Where did you see Taxi\Harley? Is it in the new addons section? Cant find it.......

FYI for us PS3 owners Taxi and Harley Davidson are now available to purchase which is pretty sweet. Getting two packs of tables within a week is awesome. But strangely enough while Taxi is drop-dead gorgeous, Harley looks a bit rough. I wonder what's going on with the art departments over at FarSight?

Anyone else notice some glitchiness on some of the last 4 tables that were released for PS3/Vita?

Is it just me or am I wrong in seeing that these seem to drain badly at times and there are flipper drain problems and some rather unrealistic ball movements on the field of Elvira and Taxi at least.Any others having problems?

When I'm playing Funhouse, sometimes that spinner thingy [it's actually a wire gate] at the bottom of that ramp in the middle doesn't spin when the ball rolls through it. Sometimes when the ball goes in his mouth, the ball is kind of in and out of his mouth as if it went through his skin. And about that place where the ball pops out of a lot on the right side, when the ball falls into it, many times the ball seems to disappear when it touches the hole instead of falling into it. The ball also rarely looks like it comes out of that hole. It just seems to magically appear out of it instead of coming up out of it.

Besides being rushed, I think that company doesn't have enough employees who know what they are doing.

Anyone else notice some glitchiness on some of the last 4 tables that were released for PS3/Vita?

Is it just me or am I wrong in seeing that these seem to drain badly at times and there are flipper drain problems and some rather unrealistic ball movements on the field of Elvira and Taxi at least.Any others having problems?

Elvira runs pretty close to real hardware (I know, my friend owns it and I play it a lot). In fact, the simulated table doesn't drain down the center anywhere near as much as real hardware does.

Having said that, I have only ever played a real Taxi once a few years ago but I have played it on the Wii Williams Collection, the PS3 Williams Collection and also the 3DS Williams Collection and compared to all three, the Pinball Arcade version drains way more often and the ball leaves the top bumper area very soon compared to all three previous versions. So yes, the physics are a little .... off, it just might not be a bad thing.

I am very impressed at how much nicer Taxi looks on Pinball Arcade compared to all previous versions though.

When I'm playing Funhouse, sometimes that spinner thingy at the bottom of that ramp in the middle doesn't spin when the ball rolls through it. Sometimes when the ball goes in his mouth, the ball is kind of in and out of his mouth as if it went through his skin. And about that place where the ball pops out of a lot on the right side, when the ball falls into it, many times the ball seems to disappear when it touches the hole instead of falling into it. The ball also rarely looks like it comes out of that hole. It just seems to magically appear out of it instead of coming up out of it.

Besides being rushed, I think that company doesn't have enough employees who know what they are doing.

Yeah,I've played TPA FunHouse a bit myself and.... it is an odd animal to me when compared to my MUCH enjoyed previous

PSP version on PHOF:TWC! :o Playing the TPA version is nicer on the graphic side for me and all but,the way it plays is strange.I've had my ball go right in and right out the back of Rudy at times!Why did they change these tables from the established ones we had with TWC?

To Hell with changing these tables for the worst and ruining the fun factor for us. :( I think,we need an *update* for some of our updates here!I'm thinking they don't have pin gamers at FarSight now on some of this stuff.I found TWC more realistic to play mostly

myself,and the PSP version didn't seem to have the glitchiness,either.It wasn't perfect but,it was fun for me.... possibly more fun than

TPA is at times for me. ;) This is sad too,man.When FarSight has been telling us their *vision* is/was to offer us that all inclusive *arcade experience* no matter what platform we chose to experience said arcade on. ;) :)

This has no been meant to be a rant but,to voice a concern by me concerning TPA having it's cheese slide off it's cracker a bit,i think. ;) The graphic realism of TPA is *there*,it just needs to be less buggy for me,too.And,yes I'll probably grab Scared Stiff and Big Shot here in a few days to play -- seeing how much I loved playing Scared Stiff when I crossed paths with a machine. ;)

Edited by chris_lynx1989

When I'm playing Funhouse, sometimes that spinner thingy at the bottom of that ramp in the middle doesn't spin when the ball rolls through it.

Funhouse actually doesn't have a spinner. When you hit the main ramp, a series of lights underneath it flash quickly. The view of the ramp entrance is slightly obstructed due to the sign on top of it, and with the combination of the flashing lights and the sound sample triggered, it gives the illusion that there might be a spinner there. (I checked our Funhouse machine at league today just to make sure--there's definitely no spinner. :P )

Funhouse actually doesn't have a spinner. When you hit the main ramp, a series of lights underneath it flash quickly. The view of the ramp entrance is slightly obstructed due to the sign on top of it, and with the combination of the flashing lights and the sound sample triggered, it gives the illusion that there might be a spinner there. (I checked our Funhouse machine at league today just to make sure--there's definitely no spinner. :P )

I should have used the term wire gate. The wire is supposed to move up when the ball goes through, but sometimes it doesn't move. The ball just goes through it as if it's not there.

I've been like the Pinball Arcade quite a bit on the PS3, bugs and all. Overall, it's still a wonderful way to play these classic tables, despite some frustrations. It seems like Farsight may be overworked trying to get this out to too many platforms, and their quality has suffered a bit. I loved the old Williams PHOF, though, so it's all good.

Just got an email for Twilight zone asking what console I want the game on. As a secondary choice I asked for the Windows version but of course there's no Pinball Arcade for windows yet.........(at least I haven't seen it anywhere)

ugh.....

pinball fx2 is on windows 8. you get a free table too. though the table is kind of boring. but then again, i think a few of the fx2 tables are boring.

Darn. Ain't going to Windows 8 any time soon. Is it in the Microsoft Store or app store?

it's in the windows store. i'm actually using the 360 controller to play pinball fx2 on the PC. I think I'll spread my pinball over both platforms. Pinball Arcade for Xbox and Pinball FX2 for PC. I already own some tables on Xbox and unfortunately, that doesn't mean I own them on the PC (AFAIK). My future purchases for FX2 will be on the PC side so that I can have pinball on more platforms. what I'm curious about is if I have the same Marvel table on both Xbox and PC, do I get to double dip in terms of achievements?

lots of free games actually. a lot of them feel like shareware-level or indie level in terms of quality but they're free. and there's some that are episodic but high quality (free first episode, but pay thereafter). and then there's the professional titles from the usual suspects like the Angry Birds Star Wars is there and a bunch of others like that.

if you don't mind being a little bit on the gray side (who's kidding? it's flat out lying), you can give false information that you purchased a windows 7 PC recently (they don't check), and they'll let you buy the upgrade version of Windows 8 for $15.

Edited by onlysublime

And now it is time for Face, No Face:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpzd6GpXs64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpzd6GpXs64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OGEvGq2paA

The faceless Rudy kind of reminds me of these Sesame Street aliens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TStPNqex3uA

what I'm curious about is if I have the same Marvel table on both Xbox and PC, do I get to double dip in terms of achievements?

Every other Games for Windows release is that way I think other than perhaps the Game Room app. So I suspect that the PC achievements are seperate from the 360 achievements allowing you to double dip if you desired.

• 2 weeks later...

So my buddy with the Elvira Pinball machine decided he wanted to get Pinball Arcade on his PS3 so he can also play the digital version.

Only thing is, the game locks up before he can even play it and he's asking me for advice.

I know I had to re-download the demo yet again once the DLC started coming out in order to see the new tables but I never had my PS3 lock up.

I searched their forums and I do see some info about how at first anyone running 720p ran into some issues. I think this might be related to my friend's trouble because he doesn't even have a high def TV, he's running standard def.

I looked in their forums but I can't find anything to prove this. Do any of you have a PS3 connected to a standard def TV and is Pinball Arcade running fine on yours?

So my buddy with the Elvira Pinball machine decided he wanted to get Pinball Arcade on his PS3 so he can also play the digital version.

Only thing is, the game locks up before he can even play it and he's asking me for advice.

I know I had to re-download the demo yet again once the DLC started coming out in order to see the new tables but I never had my PS3 lock up.

I searched their forums and I do see some info about how at first anyone running 720p ran into some issues. I think this might be related to my friend's trouble because he doesn't even have a high def TV, he's running standard def.

I looked in their forums but I can't find anything to prove this. Do any of you have a PS3 connected to a standard def TV and is Pinball Arcade running fine on yours?

I don't have standard def but it doesn't sound like a signal issue if the machine\game freezes. Usually with a signal issue you can tell.

Try installing the main program again not the table. In other words tell him to go download Pinball Arcade again. Install it and then try to play Elvira (which should already be there)