IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

At this point, I think I'll cross my fingers and wait until it appears Pinball Arcade releases have ended and decide where to buy it then since there's too much turmoil to this day with it. I'd hate to do something like start buying releases on Wii U if it ever arrives there and then have releases mysteriously just top.

Perhaps they will even release a compilation disc at retail when they're done which is what I'd prefer even more...

I don't think they are going to ever be "done" with it. There is a nearly endless sea of pinball machines to bring out. They could very well be at this for years to come.

Sounds good to me if we can actually get our hands on them. When I get some extra money that I can piss away on games, I'll buy it for the PC. Maybe all of the games will be available for the PC version. The games are supposed to look better on the PC, so that will be nice.

Yeah, I thought about switching to another platform (PC). I think I am just going to wait out for the 360 release though. I'd rather have all my tables in the same place, which is also why I haven't really invested in Zen Pinball for the Wii U. Plus, I'm not really desperate to play these right now, so I will wait it out.

• 3 weeks later...

They've released Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection as a PS2 classic on PSN for PS3 owners over in Europe several weeks ago.

Kind of an odd decision when they're updating the same tables for Pinball Arcade. But I suppose there's a PS3 owner somewhere that will appreciate being able to download it. I wonder if the Williams Collection will be next.

Won't be the first time a PS2 release has entered this program despite a superior PS3 version of the same thing already existing in disc form.

Edited by Atariboy

Yeah, that's weird.. The physics in the Gottlieb collection kind of, well, suck compared to what you get in the Pinball Arcade.

At least for Genie, it has an over-sensitive tilt sensor. 1 nudge shouldn't set it off. It wasn't Farsight's best work.

• 2 weeks later...

There's little reason to be excited about any of this, but there's been some news lately involving Pinball Arcade.

They've started a Kickstarter campaign for Terminator 2: Judgement Day and hint that The Addams Family may be their next Kickstarter.

And their upcoming PS4 Pinball Arcade app will support modeling each individual lamp on each table which supposedly improves the graphics significantly due to the improved lighting model and corresponding things like reflections. The problem is that your PS3/Vita purchases don't grant you free access to the corresponding PS4 version of each table but they will be discounted at least which is more than I think most were expecting.

Still no word on Xbox 360 releases finally restarting, the status on the Xbox One, the announced Wii U version finally appearing, regular and reliable updates and table additions at long last, and the thing just plain finally working right.

Maybe by the time I buy a Playstation 4 down the line they will finally have everything ironed out...

Edited by Atariboy

Instead of donating to Kickstarter, I'll donate by buying the new 360 tables once they become available. They can earn their money the old-fashioned way.

I am probably going to pass on supporting this as well. I mean, if it gets funded, then it will be available for sale anyway and I'll just buy it then.

I'm actually kind of surprised they need that much money to do T2. Is the license really worth that much? They are asking for more than they needed for TZ or Star Trek. For that kind of price, where's the Addams Family? My other issue is that this game will be a snore fest unless they heavily tweak the physics (which we all know they won't be doing). It's a pretty simple game (or very simple when it comes to competitive play), and with the lax tilting, this will be a game you can play forever. It's bound to get boring pretty quick.

Still no word on Xbox 360 releases finally restarting, the status on the Xbox One, the announced Wii U version finally appearing, regular and reliable updates and table additions at long last, and the thing just plain finally working right.

Did you catch their announcement on Friday? It looks like the Wii U version is being readied, and we finally have some kind of (positive) news in regards to the 360 version. Here's their entire post from their Facebook page (Hell, if their Wii U version offers full gameplay on the tablet itself, I may just invest in all the tables for that version):

Hello everyone! Here’s a long post to start your weekend with an update on the status of our platform releases.

Xbox 360: As most of you know, we have been unable to release new table packs for the Xbox 360 since our Microsoft publisher declared bankruptcy last year. We finally have some good news to report- the publisher (Fillpoint/Crave Entertainment) has now filed a reorganization plan with the court and is scheduled to emerge from bankruptcy this summer. When this occurs we will submit all of the unreleased table packs to Microsoft for approval and release. We plan to offer discounted Season Packs on the 360 to make it easy for our 360 customers to get caught up on tables. Thank you for your patience as we’ve worked to get this issue resolved- it’s been as frustrating for us as it’s been for you!

Wii-U: The Beta build of our Wii-U Pinball Arcade release will enter internal test next week. It is scheduled for final submission to Nintendo in late July, and for release to customers in September. All of the tables in Table Packs 1 through 16 will be available on the Wii-U at launch.

Ouya: The official June 25th launch of the Ouya console is fast approaching, and the Pinball Arcade will be ready! We will be a launch title for Ouya with all of the current table packs available.

PC/Steam: Since our Steam Greenlight several months ago, we’ve been hard at work creating a Steam version of the Pinball Arcade. We’re happy to announce that the first Beta build of the Steam platform was released to internal test this week! We will be conducting a closed public Beta of the Steam version in July- if you are one of our Kickstarter backers entitled to Beta access on the PC platform, watch your email for information on how to get access! We are targeting an August release for the Pinball Arcade on Steam with all of the current table packs available.

PlayStation 4: Our fans got an early look at the PlayStation4 version of the Pinball Arcade at the E3 show in Los Angeles last week. We were part of the Sony booth, and the game was amazingly well-received by pinball aficionados and novices alike. Our new PS4 lighting technology allows us to model individual lights for each of the 100+ lamps on the typical pinball table (complete with attenuation, blooms, and reflections). The result so far is a level of graphical realism never before seen in a video pinball game and it's going to get even better as we continue to improve the technology! Check out the video below for a sneak peek. In more good news, Sony has announced a Cross Discount feature for the PS4. This will allow us to offer customers who have previously purchased Pinball Arcade content on other Sony platforms a discount when they buy that content on PS4.

Thank you again for supporting us! Fans like you are what makes pinball great[/font][/font]

I'll be surprised if that Terminator 2 table gets funded since they're only at around $7,000 right now and the other two tables were both around the $20,000 mark after two days. I'd guess too many people have seen what happened to backers the last 2 times they did this. They don't offer people nearly enough rewards for their money.

So If I buy a PS4 which seems to be the logical choice coming this next gen

I have the chance to RE-BUY all the tables I have on the PS3?

Uh no thanks and they can stick the Kickstarter crap in their drain hole

IF they can get The Addams Family out the door then I'm all in for a copy for my Vita. ;) :)

I never went in for the Kickstarter in the beginning at all.Hell,I figured the stuff would support itself in sales anyway..... Most folks never seemed to get anything offered to them that I ever saw as it was.

Ask folks what they want on Facebook or by their emails to you and just release the shit and be done with it!!!

I think,they are drawing this out TOO FAR and losing all but us diehard pin fans as it is.The casual players are being scared off or lost by all the delays in releases and the update problem we had.

Also,worrying about PS4/Xbox One and other stuff is screwing up the works for the already existing systems they've commmited to and promised releases for.FarSight needs to get their ducks in a row and stop piling stuff on their plate they can't seem to develop or we can't get the opportunity out here to consume!This stuff has been a rather ongoing 3 (5?) ring fiasco from the start with the slow trickle of tables we've gotten -- and the 360 folks out there have never gotten.I can't believe there's a 360 fan alive out there that could give a flying f*** about TPA ever coming to that system!I would've written FarSight off for 360 a long,long,long damn time ago.FarSight needs to write the 360 stuff as a forgotten flight of fancy of their past and just move the hell on.All the PR damage has already been done there.The only thing that could save FarSight's ass with the 360 crowd right now,would be to give them the whole TPA library for free to save face on this whole PR mess.How many are still waiting for it or wanting it though??And what about the looming release of an Xbox One TPA?Kind of leaves all those 360 owners in the cold,doesn't it?It would completely PISS ME OFF as a 360 owner. ;) Glad I'm not one. :)

Edited by chris_lynx1989

In their defense, you've been ready to pull the plug on Pinball Arcade since before it was even released. I don't think they're too badly off. They're still putting out solid work and they must be making money. So the more power to them if they can continue to grow and hopefully resolve existing problems.

They seem to have some solid programming behind them and seem to be moving in the right direction although it has been awfully sluggish at times with some of their more glaring issues. But if people didn't find their work as entertaining as it is, threads like this one across the internet simply would've never reached dozens of pages of length. But we do care and that's because when they're on the ball, they do some nice work that nobody else in the industry is doing.

As Austin said, their Xbox 360 issues should be ironed out soon. That situation is hardly their fault anyways. As the gaming press is increasingly making us aware of with several fairly high profile cases, independents have to go through an established Microsoft authorized publisher rather than going their own way by self-publishing and being the master of their own fate. So Farsight logically went to the partner they used during their earlier and successful retail days. And unbeknownst to them, that partner shortly afterwards crashed and they were caught in the legal aftermath that has left them in limbo for an extended period.

If they get it right, I think they will be supported by Xbox 360 customers and then Xbox One customers.

Edited by Atariboy

Season Two pass is now available on PS3/Vita for $29.99. Purchase allows immediate download of table packs 11-13 and future downloads of table packs 14-20 as they're released.

$3 per table pack seems like a fair bundled price to me... esp since the licensed/kickstarter tables are included in the seasons. They keep fishing for a lot of money up front though. Hopefully they won't end up with any abandoned platforms or other release issues mid-season.

I think this brings us up to speed with iOS and Android, right?

Actually I decided to peek at the leaderboards and I see Centaur and original Pinbot are also listed now so my guess is those are in the next DLC packs. Awesome! Love both of those tables!

I just hope Pinbot doesn't suffer the dreadful side draining seen in all Williams Pinball Hall of Fame versions (Wii, PS3 disc, 3DS)

According to Wikipedia, PSN is two packs/four tables behind at the moment. Centaur & Pin*Bot and apparently Champion Pub, a late 90's Bally release, and Whirlwind is the most recent pack available.

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...

Season Two pass is now available on PS3/Vita for $29.99. Purchase allows immediate download of table packs 11-13 and future downloads of table packs 14-20 as they're released.

$3 per table pack seems like a fair bundled price to me... esp since the licensed/kickstarter tables are included in the seasons. They keep fishing for a lot of money up front though. Hopefully they won't end up with any abandoned platforms or other release issues mid-season.

Yeah,I grabbed the "Pro Pass" last Sun. for my Vita for Season Two,some neat tables there! :) Been enjoying Centaur and White Water.Pin*bot and Space Shuttle are also fun. Edited by chris_lynx1989