IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Any idea on shipping date?

I haven't had as much Inty coding time as I'd like lately :( so there are still some things left to do on the game. For the next few weeks I'll be concentrating on getting Rocketeer and Mars Minis over the line and then I can provide some solid shipping dates. Hover Bovver will also be getting some love so it makes its summer release time frame too.

Dont worry. I dont know how its usually in the INTY world, but I waited month and years for homebrews on the Genesis and Dreamcast.

well we cannot wait years for a release on INTV, since there are constraints due to licenses and similar stuff.. :-) in fact after Hover Bovver we have already another (extremely) interesting licence on the line... we are lucky that groovy is the faster developer around, so keep encouraging him!

well we cannot wait years for a release on INTV, since there are constraints due to licenses and similar stuff.. :-) in fact after Hover Bovver we have already another (extremely) interesting licence on the line... we are lucky that groovy is the faster developer around, so keep encouraging him!

That's all fine, but keep in mind that, notwithstanding the agreement you made with Mark, people already pre-paid for two of his games.

I'm looking forward to Hovver Bovver, but I think the other indie ones should come first.

dZ.

That's all fine, but keep in mind that, notwithstanding the agreement you made with Mark, people already pre-paid for two of his games.

I'm looking forward to Hovver Bovver, but I think the other indie ones should come first.

dZ.

no problem with that :-)

But isnt Hover Bovver longer in development and was the first project? I can just speak for myself, but I really dont care of I receive Hover Bovver or Rocketeer first. If Rocketeer is shipped in june, july or december, I dont care. Of course you cant expect everyone to share my opinion, but I dont think outsiders like we are can tell which game should be released earlier.

But isnt Hover Bovver longer in development and was the first project? I can just speak for myself, but I really dont care of I receive Hover Bovver or Rocketeer first. If Rocketeer is shipped in june, july or december, I dont care. Of course you cant expect everyone to share my opinion, but I dont think outsiders like we are can tell which game should be released earlier.

well, as you say is a question of different opinions and what is important is to have new games for intv....

I can tell you I partecipate to some retrogame expo in europe, and when this happen, I surely will not limit my exposure to Elektronite... off course I represent Elektronite but I will speak about intv development and community: in Vigamus Rome I did show both D2K and Carol to audience.... because those are the best new games since sometime for intv :-)

Edited by vprette

but I dont think outsiders like we are can tell which game should be released earlier.

Well, you can--if you paid for it. ;)

As far as I know, nobody has ordered Hovver Bovver yet.

But any way... it wasn't meant to sound like a threat or anything like that. I know that Mark is doing his best to finish all games, but it seems that he has a lot of things going on at the same time (and that's not counting a day job and personal life!). I think there should be some dedicated effort in getting out games that have already been paid by customers, I just think it's the right thing to do.

It's not desperation or mistrust. I know all games will come out eventually. It's a matter of respect for the people who supported your efforts with money, at least how I see it. :)

-dZ.

But isnt Hover Bovver longer in development and was the first project?

Many of my own projects have been on my hard drive and in development for some time (years in several cases). Rocketeer was announced when there was a fun game to play. Plus I'd been promising rev and cmart I'd get back into Inty development for some time. This project originally started out as a little demo with animated sprites bouncing off coloured BACKTAB objects and then it evolved into a full game. Most of my projects start out as "I wonder if..." then get worked on to see if its feasible, picked up and put down (maybe many times) when I have a new idea or an algorithm/optimisation to try out and some also take on a completely new life if I start talking to somebody about it.

Then you have the joke projects like Funbags on the Inty and Chuckie Egg on the jag. Although Chuckie Egg did become a full (almost ;)) freeware GPL'd game in the end. Both of those projects were done just to put a smile on peoples faces.

Yes, and dont forget Pier Solar or GunLord on the Neo Geo. There are so many examples for homebrews which were released years after they were paid :)

I bought Pier Solar in the 3. release (I think), so I didn't had to wait. ;)

And Gunlord as Dreamcast version. The Neo Geo Carts are a little bit over the top for me (altough I own two MVS boards and a arcade cabinet).

But for Sturmwind I paid almost 2 years in advance until it was released. But the wait was worthwhile. An absolute top game.

Yes, and dont forget Pier Solar or GunLord on the Neo Geo. There are so many examples for homebrews which were released years after they were paid :)

wait your the same guy from NeoGeo forum. I'm still waiting for Gun Lord too. Small world.

• 2 weeks later...