IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

VHDL debugging and simulation is going well :-

post-21935-0-38475500-1366487098_thumb.png

The above is the start of a rough approximation of the DTB phase of a BAR/NACT/DTB/NACT sequence of CP1610 bus cycle transactions. Most importantly it shows the 8 to 16 bit funnel working correctly :D. This is the simplest sequence of bus transactions so in theory it should work on real hardware. I'll be simulating the BAR/NACT/ADAR/NACT/DTB/NACT and the BAR/NACT/DTB/BAR/NACT/DTB sequences next.

I've also reviewed the schematic with a view to making the carts programmable (using an external programmer) and generated a change list from it. Hopefully I can make the blank PCB programming easier by adding more functionality to the VHDL. I'll be investigating that once the current design and VHDL are working on real hardware.

If the hardware updates are boring people I can shut up until its at the "Tada! Its working phase" :lol:.

VHDL debugging and simulation is going well :-

post-21935-0-38475500-1366487098_thumb.png

The above is the start of a rough approximation of the DTB phase of a BAR/NACT/DTB/NACT sequence of CP1610 bus cycle transactions. Most importantly it shows the 8 to 16 bit funnel working correctly :D. This is the simplest sequence of bus transactions so in theory it should work on real hardware. I'll be simulating the BAR/NACT/ADAR/NACT/DTB/NACT and the BAR/NACT/DTB/BAR/NACT/DTB sequences next.

I've also reviewed the schematic with a view to making the carts programmable (using an external programmer) and generated a change list from it. Hopefully I can make the blank PCB programming easier by adding more functionality to the VHDL. I'll be investigating that once the current design and VHDL are working on real hardware.

If the hardware updates are boring people I can shut up until its at the "Tada! Its working phase" :lol:.

I have no idea what any of that stuff means but it certainly sounds impressive! :-o I thought VHDL was a courier company ;)

I've simulated the BAR/NACT/ADAR/NACT/DTB/NACT sequence of bus cycle transactions and it "fails" in the simulation if the ADAR phase yields an address that lies within the ROM. The VHDL code is kinda like the way that the original Inty T-Card handles the bus phases but the simulator doesn't simulate bus capacitance so it needs investigating on real hardware. If its not reliable on real hardware then I'll implement it in a different way in the VHDL.

The BAR/NACT/DTB/BAR/NACT/DTB sequence of bus cycle transactions works as expected in the simulator.

I've also written a command line tool that takes Inty game *.rom files and converts them into the format that the cart hardware needs (and that my EPROM programmer understands).

The next step is to disassemble one of my Inty's and hook the important CPU bus and control line signals up to my logic analyser so I can see what it makes of the new cart.

I wonder if Joe or any other the others have already information that can help you on this...

Its not an issue at the moment because its not been tried out on real hardware. Once I get the cart going I'll be writing an Inty app that runs through various tests in a continuous loop to exercise the cart bus. Then I can monitor the bus transactions with the logic analyser and check for failure modes.

Its not an issue at the moment because its not been tried out on real hardware. Once I get the cart going I'll be writing an Inty app that runs through various tests in a continuous loop to exercise the cart bus. Then I can monitor the bus transactions with the logic analyser and check for failure modes.

Mark, I won't pretend to understand much of what you are saying in your posts, but it occurred to me that Joe has put a lot of the circuit information up in the IntelliWiki, including electrical-looking stuff. Perhaps that may be of help?

Mark, I won't pretend to understand much of what you are saying in your posts, but it occurred to me that Joe has put a lot of the circuit information up in the IntelliWiki, including electrical-looking stuff. Perhaps that may be of help?

Its been a while since I looked at the IntelliWiki to be honest. I don't remember seeing detailed bus timing information on there the last time I looked. I have some CP1600 datasheets, Inty schematics and the SDK1600 documentation but when I investigate problems like this I like to see what the circuit in front of me is doing first hand. Its the inquisitive engineer in me ;).

Its been a while since I looked at the IntelliWiki to be honest. I don't remember seeing detailed bus timing information on there the last time I looked. I have some CP1600 datasheets, Inty schematics and the SDK1600 documentation but when I investigate problems like this I like to see what the circuit in front of me is doing first hand. Its the inquisitive engineer in me ;).

Of course, you do what you gotta do. :)

-dZ.

How did people miss this game?

Simple... I have a life, a wife and other shit I am working on! I have checked this tread a few times... but never saw an "order now" entry...

It shouldn't be a fucking mystery!

Maybe you can sell me one of your 10 copies....

These threads go to shit with all the "make a fucking box" bullshit! Who has time for that shit!

Do you play the fucking box?

I want to read about the game, not a bunch of bullshit.

That's how people missed it.

• Like 1

To be fair, the pre-order end date was always in the 1st post of the thread from the first day I posted about the game. After a couple of days I increased the font size and changed the colour of the wording as well to make it stand out.

There is no need to get angry. Anybody who has PM'd me or made it obvious they're still up for a copy since the pre-order close date have been added to my "extras list". I don't like to see people miss out on homebrew games so I'll do my best to accommodate them too.

Simple... I have a life, a wife and other shit I am working on! I have checked this tread a few times... but never saw an "order now" entry...

These threads go to shit with all the "make a fucking box" bullshit! Who has time for that shit!

Well maybe you should read more carefull. I have to read through the entire forum to find info on certain things. It's a lot of work, but in the end it pays off.

This is a place for enthousiasts, not professional sellers, so things might not always go as clear and structured as you might wish.

Now go and wash your mouth.

Edited by Janzl
  • Like 1

Wow nerd rage and indignation!

Take it easy tough guy.

there needs to be an intellivision newsletter for this type of thing, i have been collecting email addresses for a while for just such a thing. Maybe i will start sending it out.

1980gamer, dont worry, you will no doubt get a copy, your voice was definatly heard! Lol

• Like 6

there needs to be an intellivision newsletter for this type of thing, i have been collecting email addresses for a while for just such a thing. Maybe i will start sending it out.

I'd rather see an "opt in" kind of list rather than people receiving e-mails they don't necessarily want.

I'm sure it could be automated so that people can register their interest (on a specified site) and also trusted* people could send news items to the "server" for everybody to get.

*By trusted I mean a select group of moderators so that the list isn't spammed by people posting things that have nothing to do with what is going on in the Inty world.

• Like 1

Newsletter is a great idea, it would also be awesome if someone was willing to take on the task of keeping a Inty Homebrew thread like the Coleco community now has setup in the marketplace here:

http://atariage.com/...ilability-list/

It has been a great help in knowing what is out there and what is running out and also a great resource just for information.

Of course it takes someone who is willing to take the time to do it....

Preferrably maintained by someone who doesnt have "...a life, a wife and other shit...."

You know someone who just sits in the corner all day rubbing small black pieces of plastic all over themselves :grin:

Newsletter is a great idea, it would also be awesome if someone was willing to take on the task of keeping a Inty Homebrew thread like the Coleco community now has setup in the marketplace here:

http://atariage.com/...ilability-list/

It has been a great help in knowing what is out there and what is running out and also a great resource just for information.

Of course it takes someone who is willing to take the time to do it....

Preferrably maintained by someone who doesnt have "...a life, a wife and other shit...."

You know someone who just sits in the corner all day rubbing small black pieces of plastic all over themselves :grin:

You're hired.

Sorry if I was being misleading by having the idea...I wasnt puting myself up for nomination sadly.

I do have 2 of the 3 things I mentioned.

I have a wife and sadly the "other shit" too :P

....not sure how you replied that quick to my post though and yet you missed the couple month pre-order for rocketeer :ponder: