IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

Especially sans disk controller.

Were they also sold without disk controller? I also bought one on ebay a while ago and it’s also lacking a disk controller.

Is it a complicated board? I for sure would be interested in a repro, but I guess the effort is quite large and the amount of micro expansion systems available very limited.

Having said that, if anyone has a matching board willing to part with I’d be interested 😀

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, retroclouds said:

Were they also sold without disk controller? I also bought one on ebay a while ago and it’s also lacking a disk controller.

Is it a complicated board? I for sure would be interested in a repro, but I guess the effort is quite large and the amount of micro expansion systems available very limited.

Having said that, if anyone has a matching board willing to part with I’d be interested 😀

Yes.  In the Tenex catalogue I have, the unit could be bought with just the RS-232 and upgraded with 32k, disk controller, or both.

20221031_021129.thumb.JPG.e60a90f087d1301cd69e169c0d6f224b.JPG

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 8:59 PM, JB said:

Twenty bucks a piece for naked carts?! C'mon, these aren't made of platinum!

What I find funny about the cartridge situation is that there was somebody at the Chicago Faire this weekend offering to GIVE boxed copies of about 25 mostly NOS titles away, and was only able to find homes for a few of them. . .

• Like 1

My NOS Peb has been delivered. I'd love to see the face of one of those porch thieves who'd try to steal that box and run away with it 🙂 

In other news, I just bought a NOS Assembler/Editor kit. 

I still need a floppy controller and cable. I have a spare 360k 5¼ Panasonic JU-475 which in theory should work according to the www, but I'm not sure. 

I think arcadeshopper sells some controllers with the option to have it modified to 80,80,40 or other configuration, so maybe by the start of December I'll place an order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

$9.50 shipping for me... you are paying a border-hopping tax :D

That’s a hell of a tax… I live 15 minutes from the border. Maybe I could find someone to throw it over the line from the US side 🙂

joking aside, I didn’t see the .us at the end of the url. I tried changing it to .ca and now shipping is $13.59. I ordered one. Now I’ll be able to shop for the rest of the parts to build a PEB tipi.

• Like 3

Some huge bookseller on Ebay keeps on trying to sell an introduction to CC-40 BASIC which is freely available online (and rather uninteresting, on the whole) for over $200, and I have to wonder what kind of madcap formula or spreadsheet is coming up with this nonsense. 

image.png.4106001b59846231bc6b209451f09a19.png

I guess probably just a typical case of "this is uncommon" failing to be correctly counterbalanced by "yes, but nobody actually wants or needs it"

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pixelpedant said:

Speaking of which, here's something someone here might actually be interested in:

CC-40 Printer/Plotter (In Box, Untested, Poor Condition)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225237350191

Those will need gears changed.  The Atari 1020 gears from Best Electronics or metal ones that are available will need to be installed.  Also, they have built in NiCd batteries that might have leaked by now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pixelpedant said:

Some huge bookseller on Ebay keeps on trying to sell an introduction to CC-40 BASIC which is freely available online (and rather uninteresting, on the whole) for over $200, and I have to wonder what kind of madcap formula or spreadsheet is coming up with this nonsense. 

image.png.4106001b59846231bc6b209451f09a19.png

I guess probably just a typical case of "this is uncommon" failing to be correctly counterbalanced by "yes, but nobody actually wants or needs it"

It’s also available on Amazon too for way less.  Like $23.36.