IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

42 minutes ago, acadiel said:

I have several of these.  $10/ea plus shipping if anyone needs one. Can ship on 3/14 when I get free from being tied up with stuff.   :)

If you put a couple aside for me, I will grab them at VCF, plus lunch.

1 hour ago, acadiel said:

I have several of these.  $10/ea plus shipping if anyone needs one. Can ship on 3/14 when I get free from being tied up with stuff.   :)

I'm sure I and some other forum members can form a rescue party to cut you free before the 14th.  Just let me know what kind of cord so we bring the appropriate cutting equipment.😁

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, DuaneAL said:

I'm sure I and some other forum members can form a rescue party to cut you free before the 14th.  Just let me know what kind of cord so we bring the appropriate cutting equipment.😁

Well, I should have just said “crazy busy for the next week”, but I’ll take you and @OLD CS1 up on that next time I need an emergency extraction.  😝 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ti99iuc said:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/125790505683

There is a nice particular in this auction recently ended. Hidden in the TI-99/4A computers there is at least a German TI-99/4 

Foto 3 di 4

It is just due to a German "Video Chess" cartridge used in the 99/4A in use. When we insert "Echec", the French "Video Chess", the main screen is also modified.

• Like 5

MAME users may check this with

mame ti99_4a -cart chessd

Interestingly, the cartridge selection also offers the "Formel-Rechner" (formula calculator) as option 2, which you have to press for entering Video Chess (shown as 3).

Things work properly for the driver ti99_4.

The same effect can be seen for Statistics German (-cart statisd).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Switch1995 said:

I have a few of these.. if someone is interested can put them in my store

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Un buon set con.. Sorpresa!

https://www.ebay.it/itm/354672670874?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=la5bosw5qag&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=dAl035cGRym&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Screenshot_20230326_111545_eBay.thumb.jpg.51145ef00a6c5335ac883e195b12bb58.jpg

Qualcuno sa dirmi che tipo di cartuccia è?

Deduco che serve per una stampante?

Grazie.

Edited by Serafini Lapo
  • Confused 1

The Paraprint cartridge was not all that common, although it is a little more common than the equivalent CorComp PIO Plus cartridge (also designed to connect to the side port). One note on the Paraprint: it uses the same cable as the various DataBioTics utility cartridges with built-in parallel ports, so the cable is actually a lot more common than the cartridge is.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GDMike said:

What's the most expensive cartridge out there and why is it so expensive or collectible?

When I was into collecting carts in the early 2000's, I always thought either "Germ Patrol" or "Robotron 2084" were considered holy grails.  I think both were prototypes only (could be wrong)

• Like 3

Actually, there are several more on the list of scarily-expensive cartridges:

Killer Caterpillar, 4 known, about $600

Arcturus, about a dozen known, $400 to $450

Any of the Scott Foresman School Management cartridges (about $250 each when complete with manual/binder), no more than 3-5 copies of any of these titles are known to exist. These don't have the collector factor commensurate with their rarity, probably because of their limited utility outside the school system.

Any of the TI qualification run prototypes of cartridges that never made it to production (Crossfire or Disk Manager 3 are good examples here), $200 to $300. The total number of cartridges produced in a qualification run is similar to the total number of Dragon's Lair cartridges made, but with a significantly lower survival rate.

Note that qualification run cartridges for any cartridge that did make it to regular production are generally worth significantly less ($75 to $100).

I suspect that if any of the original Thorn EMI sideport cartridges turned up (several were documented to exist but do not seem to have survived) that the prices for them would go in the range of the Killer Caterpillar cartridges.

The single most expensive known cartridge would be the Parker Brothers Tutankham prototype, as the one cartridge in community hands was purchased from the developer for $3,000.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, pixelpedant said:

Mike Dudek put up a couple more in-box, tested and fully working (no screen defects) CC-40s. 

One 6K unit and one 18K unit

Fairly expensive, but these don't come around every day. 

I'd be happy to have one back if there was just some way to load/save files.

14 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I'd be happy to have one back if there was just some way to load/save files.

There is! It's an arduino based solution that works perfectly. You can purchase one here: https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/store/#!/HEX-TI-r-HEXBUS-disk-drive-emulator-assembled-and-tested/p/219106097/category=27454942

• Like 4