IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

On 11/5/2022 at 1:41 PM, Ksarul said:

The hardest part of that one to get your hands on is the TI 9203 power supply. They (or equivalents) do show up occasionally, but nowhere near as often as the devices needing them do.

I bought it—it’s in far better shape than the one I got out of a dumpster. (That was very broken.) 

I read the manual HX3100.  (thanks datamath.org)

I wasn’t sure if I had one, just a box of TI branded adapters from CC-40 days. It looks like 2903 is negative tip, which I’m familiar with—my brother labeled them all long ago. 

Manual says 4 AA batteries, or 6 VDC 750 mA. Datamath says the Modem also used the 2903.  Not sure why , but datamath says 9V.

Which seems generous for peak power but it’s electromechanical too..

When I used the modem I think I ran it off batteries. 4 AA your maybe lucky to get 500 mA peak.. 

Anyhow I’ll hook up the plotter with my universal supply at 6V. (Going to verify that negative tip…)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acadiel said:

I’m not sure why someone would want a 99/4.  I’ve only taken mine out a couple of times in the past 20+ years.  Most horrible typing experience ever 😂 

Definitely not a machine you want to spend much time working with. Best for framing and hanging on a wall, kind of like the Apple 1 boards 😄

3 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Definitely not a machine you want to spend much time working with. Best for framing and hanging on a wall, kind of like the Apple 1 boards 😄

I have some nostalgia for the 99/4.  We had one in my special elementary school class before we got an Apple II+.  Notwithstanding, I would want neither one on my desk nor to plonk down a few clams for one.  I also do not care to have one on exhibit.  Emulation is enough for me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

Essentially what mine was doing for 20 years until I replaced the video crystal to make it output color again... LOL.  I was mulling taking it out and all the sidecars next year at VCF-SE, but I dread all the table space (it'd be a table just for the /4)  LOL!  @OLD CS1, I'll put one next to you next year.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I have some nostalgia for the 99/4.  We had one in my special elementary school class before we got an Apple II+.  Notwithstanding, I would want neither one of my desk nor to plonk down a few clams for one.  I also do not care to have one on exhibit.  Emulation is enough for me.

A man after my own heart 😄

On 11/5/2022 at 2:41 PM, Ksarul said:

The hardest part of that one to get your hands on is the TI 9203 power supply. They (or equivalents) do show up occasionally, but nowhere near as often as the devices needing them do.

It's not too terrible... a 9V 700mA adapter.  700mA is needed if you're doing charging of the internal NiCDs.  If you're not, a 500mA one handily powers it just fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

I have some nostalgia for the 99/4…

I also do not care to have one on exhibit.  Emulation is enough for me.

I exhibit the 99/4 because it’s the start of the line. I have gradually put together all the pieces: especially the Zenith 99/4 color monitor. 

Next to it goes the silver 4A with TI 10” monitor on a P-box, then the beige 4A with F18A and LCD. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, retroclouds said:

Is there a problem with this? I think it’s the guy I bought mine from.

Goodwill pickup.

Here is my original 99/4:

It is serial number: 897834 LTA0880

It has the coveted ear phone jack.

image.thumb.png.d2cf8d5d825fbf417374f3d4095c4a5e.png

This is the Goodwill pickup:

Serial number:  67014 LTA1281

image.thumb.png.db8f30401fc63b4a1cc60e93fd911df3.png

By this time the ear phone jack had been removed, but apparently, there was stock of the old case design so it's place was 'filled' in:

image.thumb.png.37f28c406bd6667e5f3170362f38896a.png

Here it is, displaying Equation Editor on a period correct MAGNAVOX Black and White TV.

image.thumb.png.22171ce2ae2b13b2746eadb0a6013f06.png

Edited by dhe
added plugged port.
  • Like 8