IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

9 minutes ago, brain said:

I'm wondering how the internals are set up on these carts.  The slide switch suggests applying power to a single slot, but most carts don't work that way (having signals on them without power).  Is there a schematic?

On the CBM front, I make one of these, so I could potentially make a TI version.

Gimme a few minutes, I will get you pics.

20240220_214826.JPG

20240220_214638.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brain said:

I'm wondering how the internals are set up on these carts.  The slide switch suggests applying power to a single slot, but most carts don't work that way (having signals on them without power).  Is there a schematic?

On the CBM front, I make one of these, so I could potentially make a TI version.

One note on these. If you are doing a respin, it might be good to cut all of the voltages to the slots that aren't in use when you move the switch, as that would eliminate some known issues with some chips still responding when they aren't selected. @Sinphaltimus attempted to do this here on AtariAge a few years back, but didn't make it too far into the project before he realized it was a lot of trouble for a little gain (the adapters were seriously cheap at that time, unlike the somewhat crazy prices being asked for them lately).

• Like 2

Looks like it switches off pin 29 (-5) and pin 34 (ROMG*), with ROMG* lines tied weakly to +5V when disconnected.

I think it's best to leave the voltages connected, and switch off the control signals.  From the cart port pinout, looks like it'd be best to disconnect:

GS*, DBIN, WE*, ROMG*,

And, maybe:

Not sure if a cart RESET line to the TI would be an issue.

Is CRUIN a shared line? If not, then this should be switched.

Same with GR.  I think I remember from my GROM Verilog it can be shared among GROM ICs.

Jim

20 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Gimme a few minutes, I will get you pics.

20240220_214826.JPG

20240220_214638.JPG

I want to recreate my Review Module Library version reason why I was looking for one. I built one before with 8 slots and they all worked at the same time as different from banks. I guess just have to layout my own PCboard with the added automatic switching circuit.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dhe said:

Alas I have all the common modules, but if someone was starting out and trying to collect all the TI PHM's, this would make a great way to start.

image.thumb.png.c32a36321426468a31912a92c8b8f46c.png

Looks like this one no longer exists. Just a thought, but we probably should include a link when referencing a neat auction--makes hunting them down just a little bit faster, especially when eBay seems to be doing its level best to hide things from their customers lately. . .

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Dan. If it was still there, that would be a lot of useful shells for homebrew cartridges.

44 minutes ago, dhe said:

Alas I have all the common modules, but if someone was starting out and trying to collect all the TI PHM's, this would make a great way to start.

image.thumb.png.c32a36321426468a31912a92c8b8f46c.png

CommanderScott is the seller. Took me a while to find it doesn't come up on normal TI99 searches.

But he got 3 lots of modules for sale. Here a link for one of his lots:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/375270221371

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Dan. If it was still there, that would be a lot of useful shells for homebrew cartridges.

He got 3 lots for sale I would buy them for the shells as well. But not worth it with the shipping to Canada. Sadly those selling lots of modules in Canada waby much higher prices.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/375270221371

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary from OPA said:

Took me a while to find it doesn't come up on normal TI99 searches.

I don't know if this is your issue, but the web version of Ebay Search has search location of "default".  I find no way of determining or changing what "default" means.  I have to always manually click worldwide, on the right side, and refresh the search. Kind of annoying, but you could always save the search for next time.

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

What up with the sudden glut of cartridges on eBay?  And, of course, the prices...

The sudden glut included an auction in Germany that had a TI-Logo II cartridge in German among many other interesting tidbits. The weirdest thing of all was that the seller was the son-in-law of the original owner--and I was friends with the original owner BITD when I lived in Germany. . .and yes, I got the cartridge :) Once it gets here, I will have a complete set of all known varieties of Logo II (English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, and Spanish).

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Vorticon said:

All in all the TI remains one of the cheapest classic computer available on Ebay. 

And that is still with the rapid inflation of classic computer prices.  I absolutely refuse to pay $5 each plus shipping for loose common cartridges, even if they have the red labels I want.  There has to be something very compelling to compel me to shell out my money.

• Like 1

Well now I know about how much my last Thermal Printer is worth. Crazy world and prices. I used to have 4 of them. And this one that just sold had its original clearance price sticker on it for $199.95 and original price was only $349.95 and now it sold at just over $1k

Screenshot_20240225-123857.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Gary from OPA said:

Well now I know about how much my last Thermal Printer is worth. Crazy world and prices. I used to have 4 of them. And this one that just sold had its original clearance price sticker on it for $199.95 and original price was only $349.95 and now it sold at just over $1k

That is a mostly insane price. I say mostly only because they don't turn up often enough for a lot of folks to realize that they are uncommon but not exactly rare. . .I have two of them, but one was bought as a parts supply, as it was sold as non-working. It had a really good case though, and my working one was all banged up, so it was definitely worth the price I paid for it to combine them into a really nice working unit.

• Like 4

Still better than $100 but in my opinion over priced at $47 they should be worth around $25 tops. Someday maybe I see one affordable in Canada.

Screenshot_20240225-203459.png

Right at the last second as I took the screenshot someone jumped in and bumped it by 1 dollar to $47

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Still better than $100 but in my opinion over priced at $47 they should be worth around $25 tops. Someday maybe I see one affordable in Canada.

I have seen these things go as high as around $75.  It is a little nutso.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Ho visto queste cose arrivare fino a circa $ 75. E' un po' pazzesco.

I had my eye on it too! It was better at an auction before, where it was sold for around €26.. For me it is an interesting object, perhaps not essential, but for a person who collects Ti stuff, it should not be missing.