IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

8 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

keep driving nw till you get here :)

It's funny, in some areas of Dallas you'll drive 30 mi. In some stretches, I was doing the speed limit, 80 on the small side and doing 95 on the high side keeping up with traffic, then when I hit Arkansas on my way back last night, the speed limit is 60 at the max, and a cop got me at 75 and me and him just sat there talking for a while because he knew somebody I knew and we just talked about stuff and I reminded him that the speed limit in Dallas is 80 and he said yeah and you get here and you have to slow down to 60 and there's nobody around you for miles... I said yeah and there's at least 200 cars around you in Dallas. I was going to take a photo of this collision repair shop outside Dallas that was getting a huge overhaul The place must have been on 20 acres of land and still wasn't big enough they were adding more buildings. Crazy

But I know how to drive in  that kind of traffic. being on the west coast for 30 years and dealing with the LA  traffic is kind of similar.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, mizapf said:

Toll roads ... do not really belong to my everyday street experience.

Toll roads are great for people who do not want to pay extra in taxes for features they will not use.  For instance, here in Florida we in northern Florida did not have to pay for the turnpike which runs across the middle of the state.  If you use it, you pay for it.  There are, of course, arguments to be made about the corruption that follows when the money free-flows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Toll roads are great for people who do not want to pay extra in taxes for features they will not use.  For instance, here in Florida we in northern Florida did not have to pay for the turnpike which runs across the middle of the state.  If you use it, you pay for it.  There are, of course, arguments to be made about the corruption that follows when the money free-flows.

in Atlanta we had 1 toll road that when the tolls paid off the construction it stopped being a toll. that's way to do it. but in Dallas they've gone crazy with random tolls all over the area. and then there's the toll that bypasses Austin from San Antonio that no one uses. It went bankrupt a few years ago. the only good thing about it I never seen a cop on the road and the max speed is 85. not usual to see people hitting 100, not that I would ever do that of course. 😉

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hloberg said:

in Atlanta we had 1 toll road that when the tolls paid off the construction it stopped being a toll. that's way to do it. but in Dallas they've gone crazy with random tolls all over the area. and then there's the toll that bypasses Austin from San Antonio that no one uses. It went bankrupt a few years ago. the only good thing about it I never seen a cop on the road and the max speed is 85. not usual to see people hitting 100, not that I would ever do that of course. 😉

That's how it used to be in Texas.

Shortly before "the tollway" paid itself off, they changed the rules to allow the operators to, I believe, engage in creative bookkeeping to hide the tollroad being paid off. Shortly afterwards, a metric buttload of toll projects all started. I hate it.

DEATH TO THE TOLL ROADS! A POX UPON THE NTTA!

• Like 2

On 10/24/2023 at 7:34 AM, RickyDean said:

Yes, nice system, it is our @globeron in Thailand, who is selling this. I believe that's right.

Hi @GDMike / @RickyDean

There is much more (all packed up):

https://www.ebay.com/usr/ronvankl_0

TI99VIDEOS (with EBAY indicated in front of it, that is working before I packed it)

https://www.youtube.com/@Globeron-TI99VIDEOS/videos

Correct the Myarc Geneve 9640 is my system (it is the complete system, PEB box + Geneve + Rave99 + HRD3000, FlashFloppy-USB drive, 3.5 drive, plus OSSC for output)

reason I ship it all together, because it took me some time to learn it and to get a stable video-output signal 15 KHz (very sharp with OSSC)

I video-ed that all is working before packing it all in boxes... and then DHL asks me to unpack it and re-pack it in their boxes 🙂

(and agree with you ... eBay, gee what a system and complicated setup for international shipments, but I think I have it almost under control,

expect shipment costs for books, papers, as they lock it at USD 20, while my shipment costs are higher for this material, see DHL attachment 

- Zone 3 for  USA and Europe '

EXPRESS EASY RATES.jpeg

I was able to test the monitor that I picked up with the TI PC from Dallas recently.

Since my original monitor for my other TIPC wasn't working I was hoping that this one was good on my old system.

And fortunately for me it turned out to be a CGA monitor that sold in Dallas along with the TIPC and it turned out to be good on my old TIPC system. So now I know for a fact the monitor is out on the original system which my friend is going to look at for me next weekend.

As far as booting up or trying to boot up the machine I bought in Dallas I haven't done it yet. 

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All seems to be well today, so I felt like I needed to find something to kvetch about.

https://ebay.com/itm/305264690280

Eight commons for $35 plus shipping.  What bothers me the most is that some people will be paying about double what these common cartridges should be going for.  Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay, I guess.

1 hour ago, therick3 said:

Posting my listing on craigslist as I am reducing my TI collection.  Lots of stuff as indicated in the listing and will start posting to eBay soon.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/sys/d/barrington-ti-99-4a-collection/7686927331.html

Thanks for taking a look.

You have any inclination in parting out some of the cartridges?

4 hours ago, therick3 said:

Posting my listing on craigslist as I am reducing my TI collection.  Lots of stuff as indicated in the listing and will start posting to eBay soon.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/sys/d/barrington-ti-99-4a-collection/7686927331.html

Great collection   🥰

By chance, do you have a picture from the bottom of the TI-99/4´s power supply unit (with the TI part numbers) ?

(I collect these numbers for documentation)

thx

• Like 1

I point out this:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/235295165684?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=YqnMbO0USjO&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=dAl035cGRym&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

comes from France. I don't know the game but for those interested in the "Intrigue" software..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, therick3 said:

Definitely quite a few interesting items in the lot. The Editor Assembler keyboard template for the 99/4 is definitely on my personal want list, as are a lot of the DataBiotics cartridges and the odd little Navarone cartridge sitting above the Super Demon Attack cartridge in the cartridge case in the 12th picture. . .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Definitely quite a few interesting items in the lot. The Editor Assembler keyboard template for the 99/4 is definitely on my personal want list, as are a lot of the DataBiotics cartridges and the odd little Navarone cartridge sitting above the Super Demon Attack cartridge in the cartridge case in the 12th picture. . .

That Navarone is a Speed Reading B cart.  I also have a Homework Helper Plus...

PXL_20231113_224947364.MP.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

Great collection   🥰

By chance, do you have a picture from the bottom of the TI-99/4´s power supply unit (with the TI part numbers) ?

(I collect these numbers for documentation)

thx

Here you go.  Let me know if you need a better pic but this one looked pretty clear...

PXL_20231113_225041022.MP.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, therick3 said:

Yep, will be testing the eBay waters with a few carts to see.  I find many people are trying to fill in gaps vs. buying a whole set of Atari games for example.

@Ksarul already has a collection crushing his house's foundation.  You will want to sell to me to help save his home's structural integrity ;)

• Haha 4