IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

On 2/5/2024 at 8:40 PM, Serafini Lapo said:

Hello everyone. Just out of curiosity, are there 3.5 inch drives for Ti99? Or are they used for a possible emulator on the computer?

https://www.ebay.it/itm/404780697423?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vttamoqaqke&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=dAl035cGRym&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

21 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Those disks are from @globeron here on AtariAge. He can probably tell you how they were formatted, as there are several possibilities. There were a whole lot of 40-track 3.5 drives floating about in the European TI community back around 1990, and then there are the two formatting possibilities that @mizapf has already mentioned when using 80-track drives on a TI.

@Serafini Lapo  the diskcontroller need to be DSDD (like corcomp or bwg) as disks are 1440k formatted.  40 track.   (I also have a drive mentioning 80 track).

I do have the 3.5 diskdrives for sale as well, but need to relist them again.

My TI itself , has 3x drives 5.25, 3.5, gotek/flashfloppy.

20240206_215940.jpg

• Like 2

Hello everyone, I found this offer which seems good to me (at least for those who live in America). A good batch to start a beautiful adventure with the magical Ti99👍🏻

https://www.ebay.it/itm/145588043259?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=c8OxB_h0QKm&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=dAl035cGRym&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

2 hours ago, Serafini Lapo said:

Hello everyone, I found this offer which seems good to me (at least for those who live in America). A good batch to start a beautiful adventure with the magical Ti99👍🏻

https://www.ebay.it/itm/145588043259?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=c8OxB_h0QKm&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=dAl035cGRym&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

That one does have all four of the Starter Pack/Gamewriter's Pack titles in the original packaging with the tapes, which don't show up very often. The books are easy to find--the rest, not so much. One note, this version with the cover and tapes also exists in French for all four books.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pixelpedant said:

I hate to say it, but $100USD for a TI-74 CI-7 cassette interface is pretty justifiable.  These things are not common, sadly.

has anyone looked at opening one up, and making a 3rd-party version? -- i wish i still had my TI74, i loved that little thing. all tho the CC40 is better overall

1 hour ago, pixelpedant said:

I hate to say it, but $100USD for a TI-74 CI-7 cassette interface is pretty justifiable.  These things are not common, sadly.

s-l300.webp.0d8f043ca099dab63c1cb0df4ea26676.webp

I would love to grab this, but I had to cancel my card today and will not get a replacement until next week.  I really enjoy my TI-74.

15 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Maybe it was the never-released speaker to plug into the sound jack on the front of many 99/4s.

The TI label is in a form-fit depression in the metal screen for that speaker too, so the nameplate might actually be normal here.

It's not an amplified speaker, so that would not have been a good option to plug into the headset port of the 99/4. 

• Like 3

Pretty fair price for Pcode and everything but the P-box. $300 for Pcode, 32K, Texas Instruments disk controller, RS232.. throw in a console and original 10" monitor. 

Seller's other lots include many nice original floppies from ASD&D, Not Polyoptics, Asgard, MG. Another set is 20+ original 99er on disk. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

@FarmerPotato quello che non capisco è perché l'espansore per cartucce Navarone a 3 slot è così tanto in questi giorni, ne voglio uno, e tutti quelli che li vendono per quasi $ 100 dollari è pazzesco.

If it's any consolation Gary, here on E-Bay Italia I missed out on a Navarone for just €21 and even worse a Mechatronic extended basic cartridge for €36..🙄😔

32 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

@FarmerPotato what i don't understand is why the navarone 3 slot cartridge expander is so much these days, i want one, and everyone selling them for almost $100 bucks it is crazy.

I have a spare, recently cleaned.  PM me with a reasonable offer.

10 minutes ago, Serafini Lapo said:

If it's any consolation Gary, here on E-Bay Italia I missed out on a Navarone for just €21 and even worse a Mechatronic extended basic cartridge for €36..🙄😔

there was a ti99 console being sold that included a mechatronic xb cartridge it seems: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/404522763028 someone bought it for around 160 euros

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I have a spare, recently cleaned.  PM me with a reasonable offer.

thanks i will think about, that the issue is high cost of shipping to canada, there is one on ebay right now with 1 bid:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/166602370973

only $20 USA currently, but its like another $55 more in shipping fees

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary from OPA said:

thanks i will think about, that the issue is high cost of shipping to canada, there is one on ebay right now with 1 bid:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/166602370973

only $20 USA currently, but its like another $55 more in shipping fees

Holy mother of Ming.  I just checked, and a USPS Priority Flat Rate Small to Canada is $32.

2 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

@FarmerPotato what i don't understand is why the navarone 3 slot cartridge expander is so much these days, i want one, and everyone selling them for almost $100 bucks it is crazy.

Yea... I'm seeing that for Tandy / Atari / Amiga / Commodore - to many collectors now, not enough product. Guess a lot of folks in the early 90's left behind their teenage and young adulthood computers and moved on, now they are all in their 50's and looking to recreate those years. Now, things go in to personal collection and never come out.

The usual thing, to much money chasing to little product. I'm glad I never sold my stuff off in my 20's and 30's.

• Like 3

I'm wondering how the internals are set up on these carts.  The slide switch suggests applying power to a single slot, but most carts don't work that way (having signals on them without power).  Is there a schematic?

On the CBM front, I make one of these, so I could potentially make a TI version.