IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I saved myself a bit of money to get my official 3rd NEO-GEO CD game. I had a £70 budget.

I was torn between Battle flip shot by pixelheart and Ninja Combat which I have a 'burned' copy of.

Decided to go with Ninja Combat. Used my budget up, worth it thou. Love my beat 'em ups!

Hopefully arriving this week...

s-l960.jpg

• Like 2

Apparently I'm the only one here who doesn't like Ninja Combat. That game's screenshots fascinated me as a kid, because I loved ninjas and there was that giant boss, but when I finally played it around 2000, what a disappointment. 😔 Beat 'em up is one of my favorite genres so I'm quite difficult mind you; I love games that offer a huge move set like Streets of Rage 2, Die Hard Arcade, Double Dragon Advance, and The Ninja Warriors Again. But I really don't like the ones that only offer 2-3 moves like Final Fight and King of Dragons for instance - even if they look beautiful. Ninja Combat is clearly among those unfortunately, and it's also very tedious; I remember dying all the time and keeping on adding credits... 😩

That being said, the NeoGeo has a few decent beat 'em ups like Robo Army, and I also like the Sengoku trilogy (but it's uneven). I'm not sure I tried Mutation Nation, so I won't say anything about it. I don't like Burning Fight, though, since it's like Final Fight but even worse. 😝 But since you apparently enjoyed Ninja Combat, have fun, I won't blame you or anything.

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Apparently I'm the only one here who doesn't like Ninja Combat. That game's screenshots fascinated me as a kid, because I loved ninjas and there was that giant boss, but when I finally played it around 2000, what a disappointment. 😔 Beat 'em up is one of my favorite genres so I'm quite difficult mind you; I love games that offer a huge move set like Streets of Rage 2, Die Hard Arcade, Double Dragon Advance, and The Ninja Warriors Again. But I really don't like the ones that only offer 2-3 moves like Final Fight and King of Dragons for instance - even if they look beautiful. Ninja Combat is clearly among those unfortunately, and it's also very tedious; I remember dying all the time and keeping on adding credits... 😩

That being said, the NeoGeo has a few decent beat 'em ups like Robo Army, and I also like the Sengoku trilogy (but it's uneven). I'm not sure I tried Mutation Nation, so I won't say anything about it. I don't like Burning Fight, though, since it's like Final Fight but even worse. 😝 But since you apparently enjoyed Ninja Combat, have fun, I won't blame you or anything.

Give it another try bro. Not the best graphics on the NEO-GEO, thou it's fcukn awesome! 💪

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, retrorussell said:

My latest video review is of BASEBALL STARS 2.  Great baseball title with plenty of fun bells and whistles, as well as humorous touches like player expressions.  

More polished than Baseball stars, both great games

• Like 3

12 hours ago, shane857 said:

I saved myself a bit of money to get my official 3rd NEO-GEO CD game. I had a £70 budget.

I was torn between Battle flip shot by pixelheart and Ninja Combat which I have a 'burned' copy of.

Decided to go with Ninja Combat. Used my budget up, worth it thou. Love my beat 'em ups!

Hopefully arriving this week...

Excellent to see you continue on with your NGCD purchases Shane. Ninja Combat will keep you busy for sure. :)

I have a really fantastic recommendation title that I feel is a must to have bro. I feel @Dopy25 would be interested as well. The game is called Viewpoint. A very enjoyable, yet challenging isometric shooter with a funky soundtrack that will make you keep playing for hours on end. Price isn't too bad. I found one at $54.00 Dollars or £44 Pounds for one. This game I highly suggest as the next game to add to your library Shane. :)

SNK Neo Geo CD Viewpoint w/ Manual Case Japan Import | eBay

Anthony..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, retrorussell said:

My latest video review is of BASEBALL STARS 2.  Great baseball title with plenty of fun bells and whistles, as well as humorous touches like player expressions.  

Hi Russ,

Thank you so much for sharing your excellent gameplay & review on Baseball Stars 2 bro. So glad it made it to the top 20 at #19. SNK really went to great lengths to develop one of the best Baseball titles of all time. So many hours playing on the MVS with my brother with this gem of a title. One of my top sports games of all time. 

We looking forward on seeing more from you Russ. Keep up the awesome work you certainly do for the community. :)

Anthony.. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi Russ,

Thank you so much for sharing your excellent gameplay & review on Baseball Stars 2 bro. So glad it made it to the top 20 at #19. SNK really went to great lengths to develop one of the best Baseball titles of all time. So many hours playing on the MVS with my brother with this gem of a title. One of my top sports games of all time. 

We looking forward on seeing more from you Russ. Keep up the awesome work you certainly do for the community. :)

Anthony.. 

Thanks, Anthony!  More NEO games will be forthcoming soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, retrorussell said:

Thanks, Anthony!  More NEO games will be forthcoming soon.

Excellent Russ. Were really looking forward on seeing it from you soon bro. Thank you as always for you hard work and dedication. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

SNK World Championship 2025, a global tournament for SNK fighters, set for early 2025! The EVO Japan 2024 KOF XV champion gets an invite to SWC 2025 as well! More SWC 2025 info to come in due course, so stay tuned! #KOFXV #KOF15 #SWC2025

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

[EVO Japan 2024: SNK Booth] We’re giving every KOF XV competitor a special free T-shirt on April 27! * Gifts will only be given out once per person. * Show your entry badge at booth reception to claim yours. #KOFXV #KOF15

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

[EVO Japan 2024: SNK Booth] Play guide for the FATAL FURY: City of the Wolves demo is now up! Check out the game’s controls, mechanics, and moves before taking it for a test ride! https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/fatalfury-cotw/guide #FatalFury #CotW

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Excellent to see you continue on with your NGCD purchases Shane. Ninja Combat will keep you busy for sure. :)

I have a really fantastic recommendation title that I feel is a must to have bro. I feel @Dopy25 would be interested as well. The game is called Viewpoint. A very enjoyable, yet challenging isometric shooter with a funky soundtrack that will make you keep playing for hours on end. Price isn't too bad. I found one at $54.00 Dollars or £44 Pounds for one. This game I highly suggest as the next game to add to your library Shane. :)

SNK Neo Geo CD Viewpoint w/ Manual Case Japan Import | eBay

Anthony..

Yes, I'm definitely going to pickup View Point. Looks like a Zaxxon clone, minus having to worry about altitude. 😂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shane857 said:

Yes, I'm definitely going to pickup View Point. Looks like a Zaxxon clone, minus having to worry about altitude. 😂

Excellent Shane. You're going to love Viewpoint. Well worth the money to purchase one for sure. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Here's the latest information with Chepsonsteroids regarding Gladmort off there Facebook page. :)

Neotris, a new game for Neo Geo (tetris-like with 4P mode) | Page 2 |  Arcade-Projects ForumsChipsonsteroids 13H

Exciting news! 🤓

Gladmort will be playable with its almost final gameplay this weekend at PixelsDays. Look for the Pixel Heath booth!
I also heard that a Kickstarter campaign will start very soon... It will be the opportunity to pre-order your AES, MVS, but also Dreamcast and Steam versions at very good prices 🥳
May be an image of video games and text that says 'CONVENTION DE JEUX UTDÉO SAMEDI AURIL DAYS IDASEE 2담 PIXEL DIMANCHE 27 2024 AURIC SAMBREXPO DE 10H00 E10H00R18H00 月 月18HOO'

Anthony..

I got the copy of Nam-1975 in the mail yesterday and WOW that is not what I was expecting. haha. I don't know what I was thinking the gameplay would be but it wasn't that. I didn't have much time to play or get used to it because I got home later than intended last night but I wanted to spend a few minutes checking out the gracious gift from @ColecoGamer.

It was great! Different, but awesome for sure. I didn't want to look up the gameplay on videos or anything because I wanted to be surprised. And I was pleasantly surprised. 

It also worked great on my top loader.  No issues at all. It seemed like the normal excessive loading times. 🤣

Thanks again so much for this wonderful opportunity! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

I got the copy of Nam-1975 in the mail yesterday and WOW that is not what I was expecting. haha. I don't know what I was thinking the gameplay would be but it wasn't that. I didn't have much time to play or get used to it because I got home later than intended last night but I wanted to spend a few minutes checking out the gracious gift from @ColecoGamer.

It was great! Different, but awesome for sure. I didn't want to look up the gameplay on videos or anything because I wanted to be surprised. And I was pleasantly surprised. 

It also worked great on my top loader.  No issues at all. It seemed like the normal excessive loading times. 🤣

Thanks again so much for this wonderful opportunity! 

It was my pleasure, Dopy. I couldn’t just throw it away; I knew it worked on single-speed units. I wanted someone to enjoy it and I’m glad that person was you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1