IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

The KOF XV JAPAN LEAGUE, an official online league of 16 of Japan's top players will begin on Mar 9th, 2023! Now in its second season, KOF XV is as hot as ever! >Official website http://kofxv-jp-league.com >Q.League WEEK1 https://youtube.com/live/oQop_d6ZSQc #KOF15JL #KOFXV #KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Announcing our first 1/4 statue from the classic@SNKPofficialseries o f@samuraishodown depicting everyone's favorite protagonist with elements from his famous Gairyu Isle stage. Secure your limited edition pre-order now: https://bit.ly/Haohmaru

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 An update for Bluetooth controller support has been added to the iOS / Android version of METAL SLUG 5 ACA NEOGEO. Now you can play more comfortably on the go! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/metal-slug-5-aca-neogeo/id1591192160 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acams5 #ACANEOGEO

Anthony...

• Like 1

Well, I guess I can officially comment here now.  I just bought an AES, two controllers and 3 games from a member here and now I am just waiting on an AV cable so I can try it out.  I'm so excited, I have wanted one of these since the early 90's!  I'll be sure to read through all 1200+ pages of this thread so I know what games to get and which ones to skip.  Also, does anyone have an MVS adapter?  Is one better than another? I have seen a few on Fleabay and just wondering which one to get.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, awbacon said:

@Charlie Cat this is the last video!

Welp, it was a fun run for 2023 VGE. A pleasure to see all your videos and thank you for sharing Last Blade 2 for us here on the Neo-Geo thread. We look forward to the next Neo-Geo series from you soon bro. :)

Anthony...

15 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Hey!

There’s a new way to consolize an MVS board!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orthros/orthros-mcs-01-the-1st-mvs-consolizer-kit

Oh wow! This looks really cool Mike. This comes from Remy Nguyen. This guy is like a master at making MVS projects. This one really shows. He already has $21,000+ to help fund the project. That's amazing . I wonder if the $50,000 goal will be achieved. I think so bro. :)

Anthony...

Edited by Charlie Cat

15 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

My consolized MVS was built by Neotropolis. They actually modified the motherboard, so it won’t fit inside this new case. Oh well!

Oh wow! You had work done from Kenny at Neotropolis Mike? That's excellent to know. Kenny and Mandy do great work and I have 2 Neo-Geo AES units that currently in their work shop to be fix. I trust them for sure on projects. They even have a cool looking HDMI Neo-Geo AES unit for sale off Ebay. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

Well, I guess I can officially comment here now.  I just bought an AES, two controllers and 3 games from a member here and now I am just waiting on an AV cable so I can try it out.  I'm so excited, I have wanted one of these since the early 90's!  I'll be sure to read through all 1200+ pages of this thread so I know what games to get and which ones to skip.  Also, does anyone have an MVS adapter?  Is one better than another? I have seen a few on Fleabay and just wondering which one to get.

ALRIGHT!!!! 

Hey Joe, glad that you stopped by and thank you for posting to let us be aware that you're the proud new owner of a Neo-Geo AES unit. Were glad that you done so and we hope it will give you many years of enjoyment for you and the family. We would love to see pics of it from you bro. I agree, this is really exciting and we can't wait to see you continuing to add more games to the collection. :)

Personally, I don't have an MVS adapter. But I recommend trying JapanGameOnline version to buy one if you like. They do great work and will help you with tech questions if you need to regarding it bro. :)

What kind of Neo-Geo titles you have in mind to add next Joe? We can mention some to help guide yo onto the right path for sure :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Cat said:

ALRIGHT!!!! 

Hey Joe, glad that you stopped by and thank you for posting to let us be aware that you're the proud new owner of a Neo-Geo AES unit. Were glad that you done so and we hope it will give you many years of enjoyment for you and the family. We would love to see pics of it from you bro. I agree, this is really exciting and we can't wait to see you continuing to add more games to the collection. :)

Personally, I don't have an MVS adapter. But I recommend trying JapanGameOnline version to buy one if you like. They do great work and will help you with tech questions if you need to regarding it bro. :)

What kind of Neo-Geo titles you have in mind to add next Joe? We can mention some to help guide yo onto the right path for sure :)

Anthony...

Yeah, thanks Anthony.  I will look up JapanGameOnline and check out their stuff.  As far as games go, I really don't have a "must have" list yet.  I know the Neo is strong with fighters and puzzle games and if I were to just pick one out of a hat it would probably be enjoyable.  Any list of games that you can help with would be appreciated.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

Yeah, thanks Anthony.  I will look up JapanGameOnline and check out their stuff.  As far as games go, I really don't have a "must have" list yet.  I know the Neo is strong with fighters and puzzle games and if I were to just pick one out of a hat it would probably be enjoyable.  Any list of games that you can help with would be appreciated.

Awesome Joe. Glad to give a helping hand. I was thinking that the first game that's off the top of my head would be Magician Lord. It was the first game that i ever played for the Neo-Geo and made me a buff for the last 33 years. Always a recommend title that I mention to all to play and own bro. You'll love it. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

I use a Daedalus aes to mvs adapter. A lil pricey but it has worked with every mvs cart I’ve thrown at it36A66162-3EB6-4479-9AD0-9C86DAB37EA8.thumb.jpeg.e35a77dcdd7210a097c5ea57937f93f6.jpeg9F48FBD5-52B6-4149-93B7-8A8B30F609A4.thumb.jpeg.7dda55f813d9c79eefc531beefb40e91.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, masschamber said:

made a ton of cash on the stock market (not enough to retire or anything but enough to drop a few grand on a new phone for my wife and some cool stuff), went nuts bought metal slug 3

Glad I could contribute too! 🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

I use a Daedalus aes to mvs adapter. A lil pricey but it has worked with every mvs cart I’ve thrown at it

Ah, nice one Madwin. Thank you for sharing it with us. Oooh! Windjammers. A superb choice. Many hours playing it in the arcades when I was growing up bro. Love that game. :)

Anthony..

4 hours ago, masschamber said:

made a ton of cash on the stock market (not enough to retire or anything but enough to drop a few grand on a new phone for my wife and some cool stuff), went nuts bought metal slug 3

Hi Mass,

Good to see you with us bro. Wow! you purchased Metal Slug 3 and made moolah on the stock market? That's awesome. Never had luck on Wall St. Maybe some day in the future  :)

I always wanted to own that game for the collection, but never could afford it sadly. But glad you done so. Do you have the Japanese or English version?

Anthony... 

4 hours ago, masschamber said:

4 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

Hey Mass and Joe,

I saw it on the Marketplace right now. Wow! What a sweet deal you fellas completed.... Robo Army, Samurai Shodown (Spirts) II, and King of Fighters '96. Amazing to say the least guys. :thumbsup: :)

20230302_052720.jpg

Anthony..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi Mass,

Good to see you with us bro. Wow! you purchased Metal Slug 3 and made moolah on the stock market? That's awesome. Never had luck on Wall St. Maybe some day in the future  :)

I always wanted to own that game for the collection, but never could afford it sadly. But glad you done so. Do you have the Japanese or English version?

Anthony... 

2000 dollars, I view it as an investment.... in awesomeness better believe I'll play it

• Like 2

7 hours ago, masschamber said:

2000 dollars, I view it as an investment.... in awesomeness better believe I'll play it

Oh man! That's incredible. Glad that you done so. Plus you add Last Blade 2 with your purchase is even better. Well done Mass. Hope they bring you many years of enjoyment. :)

Anthony..