IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

The SNK Official Tournaments in EVO Japan are now accepting registrations again for past cancellations. https://start.gg/tournament/snk-official-tournament-in-evo-japan/ If you've registered but can't participate, please contact the tournament Discord server to cancel your registration. #SNK

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

本日は江坂本社ラストDAY…!! 本社は移転祭りでバタバタです 長い歴史と思い出があるので寂しいですが… 来週20日からはNEW本社 また素敵なオフィスで働くのがワクワク楽しみです
Translated from Japanese by
Today is the last day of Esaka headquarters...! ! The head office is busy with the relocation festival I'm lonely because I have a long history and memories...  New headquarters from the 20th of next week I'm excited to work in a wonderful office again

FrZ-YT6aEAActwd?format=jpg&name=small

FrZ-YT4agAA7hI3?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony...

@NeoPancho @NeonPeon @SlidellMan @ColecoGamer @CGQuarterly @retrorussell @Punisher5.0 @OldSchoolRetroGamer @Serguei2 @Reaperman @GoldLeader @GoldenWheels @Mikebloke @128Kgames @eightbit @Mx5dob @aaronclassicgamer @ohfivepro @masschamber @joeatari1 @aduffy1976 @wolfy62 @Darrin9999 @enoofu @ev64bug @INTVCruise @Stage_1_Boss @Steril707 @Hwlngmad @Steven Pendleton @Rick Dangerous @neogeo1982 @Doomy Doomer @Zap! @SpicedUp! @Tanooki @roots.genoa

A real blast from the past. In 1991, GamePro TV introduced the Neo-Geo AES for the first time on their syndicated weekly television show. 

GamePro TV debuted in 1991 for which it was a low budget division of GamePro Magazine. It ended production in 1992. The show starred J.D. Roth and co-hosted by Brennan Howard in which they shared tips, upcoming titles, Q&A, and more.  GamePro TV was to be the rival to Video Power which debuted a year before in 1990. I personally still have a few VHS tapes in the collection from them. Good show for it's time.

The Green System version was $399, while the Gold System version was $599. 

Enjoy this fun video. Brennan Howard was the gentleman that debuted the Neo-Geo AES on the program. I miss these days growing up.  :)

BONUS: Here's a classic advertisement of the show featured in GamePro Magazine for viewers to check their local television listings to see the pair in action during their time on the sir. 

Picture 1 of 1

Anthony...

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

@NeoPancho @NeonPeon @SlidellMan @ColecoGamer @CGQuarterly @retrorussell @Punisher5.0 @OldSchoolRetroGamer @Serguei2 @Reaperman @GoldLeader @GoldenWheels @Mikebloke @128Kgames @eightbit @Mx5dob @aaronclassicgamer @ohfivepro @masschamber @joeatari1 @aduffy1976 @wolfy62 @Darrin9999 @enoofu @ev64bug @INTVCruise @Stage_1_Boss @Steril707 @Hwlngmad @Steven Pendleton @Rick Dangerous @neogeo1982 @Doomy Doomer @Zap! @SpicedUp! @Tanooki @roots.genoa

A real blast from the past. In 1991, GamePro TV introduced the Neo-Geo AES for the first time on their syndicated weekly television show. 

GamePro TV debuted in 1991 for which it was a low budget division of GamePro Magazine. It ended production in 1992. The show starred J.D. Roth and co-hosted by Brennan Howard in which they shared tips, upcoming titles, Q&A, and more.  GamePro TV was to be the rival to Video Power which debuted a year before in 1990. I personally still have a few VHS tapes in the collection from them. Good show for it's time.

The Green System version was $399, while the Gold System version was $599. 

Enjoy this fun video. Brennan Howard was the gentleman that debuted the Neo-Geo AES on the program. I miss these days growing up.  :)

BONUS: Here's a classic advertisement of the show featured in GamePro Magazine for viewers to check their local television listings to see the pair in action during their time on the sir. 

Picture 1 of 1

Anthony...

The host of the show reminds me of shawn penn from fast times. Almost like his nose should be covered with sun tan lotion

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

I miss shows in the vein of Video Power and GamePro TV. By the way, JD Roth is now a TV Executive.

Really?! That's amazing to know Slidel. I always wondered whatever happen to him after GamePro TV. Glad he moved up in the world. :)

Anthony...

4 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

The host of the show reminds me of shawn penn from fast times. Almost like his nose should be covered with sun tan lotion

Hahaha. I was thinking about that when I was posting the video up Madwin. I thought I was the only one that had that thought in mind bro. :D

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【お題】 こんな優待カードをひとつよろしく! 抽選で覚醒石3個と600ダイヤをそれぞれ1名にプレゼント! 締切:3/19 20時 #kof98umol
【theme】 Please give me one of these preferential treatment cards! 3 awakening stones and 600 diamonds will be presented to each person by lottery! Deadline: 3/19 20:00 #kof98umol

FrWS_QAaIAUaEIs?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【月末キャラ】予想キャンペーン 3月の月末限定キャラを予想し、 ひとり1回までコメント欄でご返信してください。 正解者から3名様に600ダイヤをプレゼントします! イベント期間:2023年3月21日(火)17:00まで ※3月31日に報酬を配布する予定です #KOF98UMOL #KOF
[End of the month character] Anticipation campaign Anticipating the limited character at the end of March, Please reply in the comments section once per person. We will present 600 diamonds to 3 people from the correct answer! Event period: Until 17:00 on Tuesday, March 21, 2023 * Rewards will be distributed on March 31st. #KOF98UMOL #KOF

Anthony...

Hi guys,

公式オンラインリーグ「KOF XV JAPAN LEAGUE」、予選リーグWEEK2配信中です。ぜひご覧下さい! また、出場選手へのs援メッセージは #KOF15JL を付けてご投稿下さい! >配信サイト https://youtu.be/Ci0L6P_5Zu8 https://twitch.tv/snkofficial https://mildom.com/100007 #KOF15JL #KOFXV #KOF15
The official online league "KOF XV JAPAN LEAGUE" and qualifying league WEEK2 are now available. Please take a look! Also, please add #KOF15JL to your messages of support for participating players! >Distribution site https://youtu.be/Ci0L6P_5Zu8 https://twitch.tv/snkofficial https://mildom.com/100007 #KOF15JL #KOFXV #KOF15

FrVivrLaQAYaYQ5?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Since were on a Neo-Geo nostalgia. Here's a repost of the Neo-Geo AES back during the Christmas season of 1990 by The Gadget Guru.. This is a repost here on the Neo-Geo thread of high tech gadgets to purchase your family for the season of that particular year.

The first to be mention? You guess it, the Neo-Geo AES. :)

Anthony..

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

From our good pal @aduffy1976 Thank you Allan. Excellent chocie with Real Bout Fatal Fury bro. :)

Tonight I have been watching, listening to and playing some Real Bout Fatal Fury. A classic in every sense of the word. Any fans of the series? #SNK #NeoGeo #Retrogaming

Anthony..

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 10:50 PM, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

This evening, were with KyoKusagani. Here we see a video of him discussing the difference of Magician Lord from the MVS and AES. Nice! :)

From the description,

"Home Neo-Geo releases are coveted for their rarity, but nobody ever plays them. Therefore, the differences between AES and their MVS counterparts are largely undocumented on Youtube. Let's change that! If this topic's interesting to a good chunk of people, I'd be happy to make this a weekly feature."

Anthony...

After all these years I just realized that the MVS version of Magician Lord was missing the intro (OK, more like it got added for the AES) a few days ago, I had an idea for the 9th anniversary drawing and wanted to re-watch the intro... played the game in the NG arcade stick pro (with the hack), it was nowhere, played the Switch version, it wasn't there, looked some youtube videos, same deal (Of course it's there, just not in the couple of videos i watched) so at the end, went back to my trusty NGCD to check it out ^_^u...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

After all these years I just realized that the MVS version of Magician Lord was missing the intro (OK, more like it got added for the AES) a few days ago, I had an idea for the 9th anniversary drawing and wanted to re-watch the intro... played the game in the NG arcade stick pro (with the hack), it was nowhere, played the Switch version, it wasn't there, looked some youtube videos, same deal (Of course it's there, just not in the couple of videos i watched) so at the end, went back to my trusty NGCD to check it out ^_^u...

Awesome Pancho. Yeah, I first remember seeing that the introduction of the story of Magician Lord wasn't in the arcade. But when I purchased the AES version, it was added on. I wonder way Alpha Denshi did that at the time. But you can never go wrong with the help of the NGCD. I always thought the units were reliable in general when it comes to working long hours for a players entertainment needs. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Awesome Pancho. Yeah, I first remember seeing that the introduction of the story of Magician Lord wasn't in the arcade. But when I purchased the AES version, it was added on. I wonder way Alpha Denshi did that at the time. But you can never go wrong with the help of the NGCD. I always thought the units were reliable in general when it comes to working long hours for a players entertainment needs. :)

Anthony...

I played the arcade back in the day, but it was mostly the NeoGeo CD version a few years later (actually had to wait until i got a CD Z, since it's one of the few games that doesn't work properly in a PAL system) and even later with the AES game, so that's what i have in my memory; the thing is that when i wanted to watch the intro again recently and... the game didn't had any intro ^_^uuu... i was starting to think my mind was playing tricks with me XD.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

I'm still a bit disappointed that Magician Lord's sequel got cancelled.

By the way, I'm still working on MEGS, but don't have a new WIP yet. Programming the PSG chip in Furnace Tracker turned out to be harder than I thought.

Thank you for sharing these videos with us Slidel. I really like you posting them for us to enjoy bro. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

#EVOJ23 EVO Japan 2023 Main Tournament Schedule Announced!】 Tournament schedules for all seven main titles are now available! Please be sure to check the schedule in advance. ▼Buy the ticket for Day3 here!▼ https://w.pia.jp/a/evojapan23eng/ #EVOJapan2023

Anthony..

Hi guys,

「SNK Official Tournaments in EVO Japan」、キャンセル分受付を開始しました。https://start.gg/tournament/snk-official-tournament-in-evo-japan/ 併せて、エントリー済みで出場できなくなった方は、引き続き大会Discordサーバーにてキャンセルのご連絡をお願いします。 #SNK #KOF #SAMURAISPIRITS
"SNK Official Tournaments in EVO Japan" has started accepting cancellations. https://start.gg/tournament/snk-official-tournament-in-evo-japan/ At the same time, if you have already entered and are no longer able to participate, please continue to contact us on the tournament Discord server to cancel. #SNK #KOF #SAMURAISPIRITS

FraCGxKakAA1KTV?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

SNK is now at their new location in Osaka, Japan. Excellent to see them do so. 

本日、SNK大阪本社を移転しましたので、ご案内いたします。 【新住所】 〒532-0003 大阪市淀川区宮原四丁目5番41号 新大阪第2NKビル 3階 https://snk-corp.co.jp/press/2023/030102/ #SNK
We would like to inform you that the SNK Osaka headquarters has moved today. [New address] 〒532-0003 Shin-Osaka 2nd NK Building 3F, 4-5-41 Miyahara, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka https://snk-corp.co.jp/press/2023/030102/ #SNK

Frp5cwoagAA0u6R?format=jpg&name=900x900

SNK

March 01, 2023

SNK Co., Ltd.

News ReleaseNews
release

Notice of head office relocation

Thank you very much for your patronage.

We would like to inform you that SNK Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Suita City, Osaka; President and CEO: Kenji Matsubara) will relocate its headquarters to the following address.

Taking this opportunity, all of our employees aim to further develop the company's business, and we are determined to make every effort to meet everyone's expectations. We appreciate your continued support and encouragement.

Record

Move date Monday, March 20 , 2023
  *Please note that the relocation work will begin on March 17 (Friday).
   We will start operations at the new head office on Monday, March 20th.

Relocation destination (new head office)  〒532-0003
  Shin-Osaka 2nd NK Building 3F, 4-5-41 Miyahara, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka

access  

snk_map.jpg

that's all

INFORMATION

©SNK CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 

Anthony...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

「SNK Official Tournaments in EVO Japan」、キャンセル分受付を開始しました。https://start.gg/tournament/snk-official-tournament-in-evo-japan/ 併せて、エントリー済みで出場できなくなった方は、引き続き大会Discordサーバーにてキャンセルのご連絡をお願いします。 #SNK #KOF #SAMURAISPIRITS
"SNK Official Tournaments in EVO Japan" has started accepting cancellations. https://start.gg/tournament/snk-official-tournament-in-evo-japan/ At the same time, if you have already entered and are no longer able to participate, please continue to contact us on the tournament Discord server to cancel. #SNK #KOF #SAMURAISPIRITS

FraCGxKakAA1KTV?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hey Anthony remind me can we watch these online on discord? Or elsewhere?

• Like 1

Also, sheesh!
Sorry for not stopping by sooner guys, hope you all are doing well! Life caught up to me and all that...
Also, recently got around to finally beating this game. Sheesh SNK/ADK wanted your quarters bad, especially with Neo Dio input reading like his life depended on it (it kinda did, lol)
What are you guys thoughts on it?worldheroesperfectMY.jpg

Edited by The Shin Black
I suck at posting on forums properly these days...
  • Like 1