IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

16 hours ago, aduffy1976 said:

Hey Anthony remind me can we watch these online on discord? Or elsewhere?

Hi Allan,

Yes, you can even watch the events on SNK's channel as well bro. Here's the link to see it for you to keep bro. :)

https://www.youtube.com/@snkplaymoreGame/streams

Anthony...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Shin Black said:

Hi Shin,

Good to see you back with us bro. No worries bro. You have your hands full and we understand you for sure. :)

Ah, a superb choice with World Heroes Perfect Shin. The final title in the series and with so many improvements towards the looks and gameplay into the game. I personally like this one and thought it was the best out of them all. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Mini NEO GEO AES with 2x Joysticks and 8 TOP games 3D Framed and ready to display  I also printed some old mini NEO GEO Ads, they were all so cool!  #neogeo #neogeoaes #Retrogaming

Anthony..

• Like 2

SHOW ME YOUR STICK!!!  Here are my Neo Geo sticks. 1st up is a hori fighting stick neo. The joystick was not working properly when I got it so I popped in a hori hayabusa stick and it works great. Nice having the ability to turn turbo on and off on the flyA944072E-5DD3-4F5B-870D-5E513CCAACFF.thumb.jpeg.55b1abd07ee7973a00f09dc774ce5733.jpegThis is a madcatz ps3 stick I got nonworking from a pawn shop. Wired it up for Neo Geo including buttons 5 & 6 and it works perfect. It’s pretty beefy so it doesn’t move around on you 3FE5F100-385B-4013-B4A8-9D2549687C1E.thumb.jpeg.9e178b14339b10dc5bceafb2bb3a6613.jpegThis is a bean stick that was pretty beat up when I got it. I tried to mod it using the existing pcb but I muffed it up. That’s why I couldn’t use the original start and select buttons. Works pretty good with the new stick and buttonsC0045084-758C-4C89-8AEE-C20A6FFD4C1E.thumb.jpeg.1e88b000f26c44cbe392088cd833c9ad.jpegAnd the trusty neo cd pad. I got this non working on eBay for 10 bucks. Watched a repair vid on u tube and cleaned it up real good. Works perfect. I usually only use this for games that only use 2 buttons like magician lord or thrash rally696EF7D5-E27F-4C16-A5D1-D015E7CB8B64.thumb.jpeg.27ed3a5e988fc5dd01e7f27b5627d304.jpegAnd last but not least a neo Geo spinner controller using neogeohomebrews custom pcb. This thing works great for pop n bounce and hypernoid. Really the only way to play these games. Super easy to assemble. No soldering required. I used an old cigar box and a turbo twist 2 sciwinder from groovygamegearE862E128-5855-46A1-9234-DD008B58C3A1.thumb.jpeg.eb4ac59d1ab66bf254395bb04da47f67.jpeg8322C5C4-3D32-43CA-81A0-395667B79EC5.thumb.jpeg.9a0145b5e53a2efa53ec709935dd9bcc.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

:-o  !!!!! OH MAN!!!!!! :-o

What an incredible line up of quality controllers you have Madwin. I can't believe you have all these awesome pieces in your collection bro. 

The Hori Neo Fighting Stick is such a fantastic controller to have. Very responsive and well made. A must for any Neo-Geo owner and features the turbo button option. Very nice Madwin.  :thumbsup: :) 

Next up, the Neo Geo Controller Pad. A convenient, light weight, 360 rotation clicky joystick that gives the arcade experience in the palm of your hand that you never thought could be done. Quite clever on SNK's part for sure. :)

Now this is really cool. The Neo Geo CD Controller Pro. Another well made accessory by SNK that really is a fine edition for the Neo-Geo line up. A choice for the pros to play and a fine upgrade from the rectangle controllers for the AES  This looks amazing bro. Nice mod work done on it. Did you happen to use the Sanwa joystick and button kit to mod it. I have to see that video from you. :)

Ah-Ha!!! Now this I can relate for sure Madwin. The Madcatz Playstation 3 arcade stick. Excellent stick that I wish I didn't relinquish. But a friend of mine wanted it to be played on his PS3. I traded it for a few NGCD titles and now back looking for another one to have. Glad you have this unit Madwin. I always wanted to compete in competitive fighting games with it.  :)

Ooooh A custom made rotating controller stick to be played for Hypernoid by NeoHomeBrew. So glad you enjoy Michael's game Madwin. He does excellent work and fantastic choice to use a nice, perfect looking cigar box to make good use of. Nice shine and the box looks sturdy to take hours of gameplay......Say, I think I seen this off Twitter once Madwin. Did you happen to share a photo of it on NeoHomebrews page for him and others to be amazed wit your creation bro?

Thank you so much for taking the time to share these excellent pics of your controllers Madwin. We really enjoy seeing Neo-Geo collections and this really made my day. Glad to have you aboard with us on the Neo-Geo thread and seeing you posting away on  AtariAge bro. I love what you done with the Hori stick being played on your Vectrex. That really opened my eyes Madwin. I love it. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony...

3 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

:-o  !!!!! OH MAN!!!!!! :-o

What an incredible line up of quality controllers you have Madwin. I can't believe you have all these awesome pieces in your collection bro. 

The Hori Neo Fighting Stick is such a fantastic controller to have. Very responsive and well made. A must for any Neo-Geo owner and features the turbo button option. Very nice Madwin.  :thumbsup: :) 

Next up, the Neo Geo Controller Pad. A convenient, light weight, 360 rotation clicky joystick that gives the arcade experience in the palm of your hand that you never thought could be done. Quite clever on SNK's part for sure. :)

Now this is really cool. The Neo Geo CD Controller Pro. Another well made accessory by SNK that really is a fine edition for the Neo-Geo line up. A choice for the pros to play and a fine upgrade from the rectangle controllers for the AES  This looks amazing bro. Nice mod work done on it. Did you happen to use the Sanwa joystick and button kit to mod it. I have to see that video from you. :)

Ah-Ha!!! Now this I can relate for sure Madwin. The Madcatz Playstation 3 arcade stick. Excellent stick that I wish I didn't relinquish. But a friend of mine wanted it to be played on his PS3. I traded it for a few NGCD titles and now back looking for another one to have. Glad you have this unit Madwin. I always wanted to compete in competitive fighting games with it.  :)

Ooooh A custom made rotating controller stick to be played for Hypernoid by NeoHomeBrew. So glad you enjoy Michael's game Madwin. He does excellent work and fantastic choice to use a nice, perfect looking cigar box to make good use of. Nice shine and the box looks sturdy to take hours of gameplay......Say, I think I seen this off Twitter once Madwin. Did you happen to share a photo of it on NeoHomebrews page for him and others to be amazed wit your creation bro?

Thank you so much for taking the time to share these excellent pics of your controllers Madwin. We really enjoy seeing Neo-Geo collections and this really made my day. Glad to have you aboard with us on the Neo-Geo thread and seeing you posting away on  AtariAge bro. I love what you done with the Hori stick being played on your Vectrex. That really opened my eyes Madwin. I love it. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony...

Thanks for all your kind words Anthony. Your enthusiasm for all things neo geo is inspiring!! I did send a pic of my spinner controller to neogeohomebrew. I figured he put a lot of work into the game he might like to see people enjoying it. And hopefully inspire him to make more!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

Thanks for all your kind words Anthony. Your enthusiasm for all things neo geo is inspiring!! I did send a pic of my spinner controller to neogeohomebrew. I figured he put a lot of work into the game he might like to see people enjoying it. And hopefully inspire him to make more!!!

You're welcome Madwin. A pleasure to meet you and thank you for what you do for us in the community. We all looking forward to all your postings here on AtariAge and having fun seeing your collection bro. Keep up the great work for sure. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Here's the trailer for KIM KAPHWAN (VA: Kunihiro Kawamoto), KOF XV Season 2's second character which releases Spring, 2023! >Trailer https://youtu.be/FO_GppPzlig #KOFXV #KOF15 #KimKaphwan

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【EVO Japan 2023 | SNK Booth】 A play corner will be set up where you can be one of the first to play KIM KAPHWAN, the second DLC character to hit KOF XV Season 2. https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xv/evoj2023.pdf #SNK #KOF15 #KOFXV #EVOJ23

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 As a special bonus, DLC character KIM KAPHWAN comes with an extra costume! Kick into action with these classic threads! >Trailer https://youtu.be/FO_GppPzlig #KOFXV #KOF15 #KimKaphwan

Anthony..

On 3/21/2023 at 9:32 PM, The Shin Black said:

Also, sheesh!
Sorry for not stopping by sooner guys, hope you all are doing well! Life caught up to me and all that...
Also, recently got around to finally beating this game. Sheesh SNK/ADK wanted your quarters bad, especially with Neo Dio input reading like his life depended on it (it kinda did, lol)
What are you guys thoughts on it?worldheroesperfectMY.jpg

It's superb, the better of all the World Heroes games and probably my favorite, but i miss some of the wacky aspects of the previous ones like the stage hazards.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Here's the latest screenshot from KOF XV! >Trailer https://youtu.be/FO_GppPzlig #KOF15 #KOFXV #KimKaphwan

Anthony..

My only gripe with KOF 15 (at least on the Playstation 5) is the lack of an active, online community.

I’m starting to wonder if I should have purchased a copy for my Series X. 🤷 

Does anyone know if the community is more active on Xbox?

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

It's superb, the better of all the World Heroes games and probably my favorite, but i miss some of the wacky aspects of the previous ones like the stage hazards.

Same here Pancho. ADK really made a gem of a title with World Heroes Perfect. I think it was the best out of the series as well bro. Thank you for stopping by to see it and glad you enjoy it just as much as I do bro. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

These just arrived today for my collection!

Oh WOW! What a nice lineup of games to add to the NGCD collection Mike.  Looks like somebody is going to have fun today for sure. Thank you for stopping by to share this with us Mike. We hope they give you many years of enjoyment for you to play bro. Excellent pickups. :) :thumbsup:

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

You know what today is fellas??

:party: Today marks the 9th year anniversary of "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" on Atariage.com! :party:

Its been another amazing year in which we were able to bring members together and having discussions regarding anything related to the Neo-Geo and SNK. I would like to take the opportunity as usual to thank Albert, the moderators, the members, and guest that come by, reply, and look at the postings that are available to view for the general public pertaining to the Neo-Geo and its platforms. As mentioned numerous times before, the Neo-Geo thread had concerns and uncertainties involving how will it work and benefit others. After careful planning and good concepts. We were able to make this thread work and help benefit long time and new Neo-Geo players. :)

For those that are unaware about the thread beforehand, Atariage had little discussions that involved the Neo-Geo before 2014. But being a Neo-Geo player, owner, and enthusiast.....I felt it was time to introduce something new and fresh for the community here on the site. So far, we have 29,300+ replies, and a whopping 1.6 million views and counting! A nice accomplishment so far that we continue on to progress even further.

As usual, "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" is open to all. If you have any inquiries or you're a gamer, reviewer, programmer, troubleshooter, developer, publisher, or anything else that you would like to contribute relating to the Neo-Geo or SNK, please feel free to PM me or post here. You're welcome to do so.

Thank you all for the personal support and thank you for supporting "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" on Atariage.com. :)

Anthony...

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3