IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

1 minute ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

This is the same one I have in mine only I bought mine from a US distro of course. But this is Furrtek's design that allows use of the CD Drive still. Unless you have a CDZ model?

https://rexusnexus.com/product/neo-geo-cd-sd-loader-by-furrtek/

I have not bought a NEO-GEO console yet. Just weighing out options etc... lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shane857 said:

I am a player and a collector. Love physical media over digital/roms. How reliable is the NEO-GEO CD drive? I know it reads slower than the CDZ console. 🤔 I would prefer to actually buy physical discs rather than add roms. 

The Neo Geo CD (the black consoles) overall is reliable, out of all the units I have, the CDZ, and the AES, the top loader single speed CD units never failed me. And I had them for 20+ years and still run like they just came off the assembly line  There's also a front loader CD console that only 25,000 were made. It cost more, so the black top loader version is the cheaper option.. The CDZ do get hot because of a design error in which SNK didn't make the unit have the proper air flow underneath the unit.

As for building physical collection, I don't blame you for wanting to do so Shane. In fact, the very first game that was for the Neo-Geo that I ever purchase in my life was a King of Fighters' 99 for the NGCD. What was fascinating as I found out later on was that particular title turned out to be the final official released game by SNK for the NGCD. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shane857 said:

I have not bought a NEO-GEO console yet. Just weighing out options etc... lol

Consolized mvs systems are a good option, pre-made ones usually use actual mvs boards have more output options and nice form factors but you don't get this

20240401_205208.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Anuncio: Estamos dando apoyo a este torneo a través de nuestro programa de ayuda e-sports! Announcement: We are supporting this tournament via our e-sports support program! http://start.gg/JustKOF #SNK #KOFXV

Anthony...

Wish me luck! I purchased a Top Loading laser drive and brackets for my Neo-Geo CD. The videos I’ve seen show the repair process as easy and simple.

You remove the original laser drive and replace it with a new one; Nothing special is needed. I’ll document my progress once the part arrives. Sure, I have a fully functional CMVS, BUT I have a large collection of Neo-Geo CD games. I can’t see abandoning the console, you know?

1 hour ago, ColecoGamer said:

Wish me luck! I purchased a Top Loading laser drive and brackets for my Neo-Geo CD. The videos I’ve seen show the repair process as easy and simple.

You remove the original laser drive and replace it with a new one; Nothing special is needed. I’ll document my progress once the part arrives. Sure, I have a fully functional CMVS, BUT I have a large collection of Neo-Geo CD games. I can’t see abandoning the console, you know?

Good to know Mike. Wishing you all the best with the project bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

More from our pal @ShadowGangs on his upcoming title Shadow Gangs Zero. :)

Shadow Gangs Zero: Some of the parallax backgrounds on the first level. This will be the overall style and quality for the backgrounds on SG Zero.

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok. So I have decided I'm definitely buying a NEO-GEO CD(unmodded) because I actually want to buy and play physical discs.

Was wondering on best output/display options connecting it to a HDTV. Anybody using the Hyperkin Hdtv cable, is it any good?

• Like 2

A little something from Mad Little Pixel:

I know that this was already covered now that I think about it, but at least those replacement shells are great for making homebrew cartridges.

Edited by SlidellMan
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, shane857 said:

Ok. So I have decided I'm definitely buying a NEO-GEO CD(unmodded) because I actually want to buy and play physical discs.

Was wondering on best output/display options connecting it to a HDTV. Anybody using the Hyperkin Hdtv cable, is it any good?

Good Shane, we respect your decision to do so. Once that day comes of you purchasing a NGCD unit, feel free to share pics of it if you like bro.  We would love to see it. :)

As for the Hyperskin HDTV Cable I have one and use it on one of my TV's. I personally play Neo-Geo on CRT units, but this piece is good to have and worth the price.. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Half Anniversary Thanks Sale KOF XIIIアクリルアートキーホルダーも表示価格より40%OFF ここにあるだけ!残り僅かです 大阪店内の商品ほぼ全商品割引対象となってます 一部の商品は対象外もしくはさらなる値引き率の場合もあります 皆様の御来店お待ちしております #BGMO
Translated from Japanese by
Half Anniversary Thanks Sale  KOF XIII acrylic art keychains are also 40% off the listed price  All that's here! Only a few left  Almost all products in the Osaka store are discounted   Some products may not be eligible or may have a further discount  We look forward to your visit  #BGMO
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GKJcpM-akAAscMQ?format=jpg&name=small

GKJcpM-b0AAhnVS?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony...

Hi guys,

推しの声が聞きたい時にいつでも話しかけてくれる!? KOF XIII GMサウンドラバーストラップも通販にて販売中! https://gamemonster.base.shop/items/84186625 #BGMO
He will talk to you whenever you want to hear his voice! ? KOF XIII GM Sound Rubber Strap is also on sale via mail order! https://gamemonster.base.shop/items/84186625 #BGMO

GKJj93BbEAAkj7F?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Half Anniversary Thanks Sale KOF XV提供アクスタも表示価格より40%OFF ここにあるだけ!残り僅かです 大阪店内の商品ほぼ全商品割引対象となってます 一部の商品は対象外もしくはさらなる値引き率の場合もあります 皆様の御来店お待ちしております #BGMO
Half Anniversary Thanks Sale  Axta provided by KOF XV is also 40% off from the listed price  It's just here! Only a few left  Almost all products in the Osaka store are eligible for discounts   Some products may not be eligible or may have a further discount rate  We look forward to your visit  #BGMO

GKNHvgzb0AA0xAR?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

KOFアクリルブロックA通販にて販売中です ボックスは無くなってしまいましたが単品での購入は可能となっております https://gamemonster.base.shop/items/83712038 #BGMO
KOF Acrylic Block A is now on sale online  The box is no longer available, but you can still purchase it individually  https://gamemonster.base.shop/items/83712038 #BGMO

GKNMYnYa8AEUqVr?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony...

18 hours ago, shane857 said:

The cables from Hyperkin just convert the analog image into digital, you should look for cables that upscale the image so it looks right in an HDTV, they usually have a "2X" logo or the resolutions it supports on the box. Anything equal or higher than 480p should look good enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Decided to buy this one. UK seller, so minus shipping and extra fees. Console looks to be in great condition and boxed.

Only modification is the PAL/NTSC Region switch. Comes with a new power supply by stoneagegamer, which is apparently the best replacement power supply. Arriving next week...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l960.jpg

s-l960 (2).jpg

s-l960 (1).jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

It’s not Neo Geo related but somebody here might think this is cool

Oooh La La. You know I will enjoy this Matt. Thank you for sharing this with us. I love it. :) 

Anthony..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shane857 said:

Decided to buy this one. UK seller, so minus shipping and extra fees. Console looks to be in great condition and boxed.

Only modification is the PAL/NTSC Region switch. Comes with a new power supply by stoneagegamer, which is apparently the best replacement power supply. Arriving next week...

Oh wow! This looks like an awesome unit you purchased Shane. I like the switch in the back that was done to it. We can't wait to see you start playing on it for you to enjoy the many games that's offered for the NGCD. Hope that the unit will give you many years on enjoyment bro. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1