IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

3 hours ago, shane857 said:

Yes, I have noticed Japanese releases are a lot cheaper, and most games have the option to change language to English.

A lot of the menus etc on Japanese games have a lot of English text anyway. Unless you are playing an RPG you can probably wing it anyway, just trial and error. 😂

I've read a bunch on this lately and I could swear somewhere I read that the region on the console changes the language. I believe the software was the same for the worldwide releases. The only ones you would have to change in game if available should be region exclusive releases.

Edit:

Sorry for blasting in like the kool aid man. I just got a Neo Geo CD myself and have been trying to find as much valuable information as possible while reading through the thread.

Edited by Dopy25
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

I've read a bunch on this lately and I could swear somewhere I read that the region on the console changes the language. I believe the software was the same for the worldwide releases. The only ones you would have to change in game if available should be region exclusive releases.

Edit:

Sorry for blasting in like the kool aid man. I just got a Neo Geo CD myself and have been trying to find as much valuable information as possible while reading through the thread.

Hi Dopy,

Thank you for stopping by the Neo-Geo thread. Were always in the mood to have new members posting away with us. Welcome aboard and looking forward to all your future visits with us and sharing all your material you have to offer. :thumbsup: :)

That's wonderful that you purchased a Neo Geo CD unit. Thrilled to read that more members are acquiring one for their collection and to have fun playing on this gem of a console. Is it a top loader version? If you have any inquires that you like to address, feel free to let us know, will be here to give a helping hand and assist you as best as possible. Games, controllers, links...you name it. Go right ahead and ask. :)

Congrats on becoming a new Neo-Geo owner and looking forward and reading more from your content here on the Neo-Geo thread. Pleased to meet you kind sir  :) 

Anthony..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi Dopy,

Thank you for stopping by the Neo-Geo thread. Were always in the mood to have new members posting away with us. Welcome aboard and looking forward to all your future visits with us and sharing all your material you have to offer. :thumbsup: :)

That's wonderful that you purchased a Neo Geo CD unit. Thrilled to read that more members are acquiring one for their collection and to have fun playing on this gem of a console. Is it a top loader version? If you have any inquires that you like to address, feel free to let us know, will be here to give a helping hand and assist you as best as possible. Games, controllers, links...you name it. Go right ahead and ask. :)

Congrats on becoming a new Neo-Geo owner and looking forward and reading more from your content here on the Neo-Geo thread. Pleased to meet you kind sir  :) 

Anthony..

Hey Anthony. The unit I purchased was a top loader unit that didn't output video or sound, but spun discs according to the seller. I was able to bring it back to life and it's loading games fine now. 

I rigged up a PSU but am looking into building an adapter in the long run. OEM PSU are expensive for what they are to me. 

I bought an 8bitdo wireless controller on sale from woot for $17, and ordered a Bluetooth adapter for it. But I've been on the watch for an original wired controller that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I've even debated on making an arcade stick but I've only seen a few pictures of the inside of an OEM model. I can't seem to find anything on custom sticks.

I've attached an image of the console after I pulled it from the shipping box. 

It's up and working now but I don't have any original games yet. I'm still looking into finding the best one for my first. 

PXL_20240326_004624813.jpg

Edited by Dopy25
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dopy25 said:

Hey Anthony. The unit I purchased was a top loader unit that didn't output video or sound, but spun discs according to the seller. I was able to bring it back to life and it's loading games fine now. 

I rigged up a PSU but am looking into building an adapter in the long run. OEM PSU are expensive for what they are to me. 

I bought an 8bitdo wireless controller on sale from woot for $17, and ordered a Bluetooth adapter for it. But I've been on the watch for an original wired controller that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I've even debated on making an arcade stick but I've only seen a few pictures of the inside of an OEM model. I can't seem to find anything on custom sticks.

It's up and working now but I don't have any original games yet. I'm still looking into finding the best one for my first. 

That's excellent to know Dopey. Thank you for sharing the pic of it. It looks great for it's age.

Glad you have it up to tip-top working condition and going to make good use to it. The Neo-Geo CD was the first game console that I purchased from SNK. I still have it after 20+ years and could never part with it since it help start my Neo-Geo endeavors. The first Neo-Geo game that I ever purchase was also for the NGCD. It was King of Fighters' 99. Interestingly, that particular game turned out after doing research towards it was the final official title for the CD console.

Seeing that King of Fighters '99 was my first on the unit. Maybe you be interested on having that game to start your NGCD library. It may not be the cheapest, but certainly worth having in your collection for sure. :)

Anthony...  

10 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Great news, someone just released a Long Play of Xeno Crisis!

Enjoy!

Great that someone did Slidel. I've been looking forward on see a longplay version of Xeno Crisis. This will be perfect to see. Thank you for sharing this with us bro. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Well done to AtariAge member Eli at @PikoInteractive :)

Piko Interactive games are now available on our site! Get your hands on these limited stock PIKO games today!  https://bit.ly/3VNvLQh Which of these interests you most?  @Pikointeractive

·
Views

Anthony..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

PXL_20240326_004624813.jpg

There is this replacement power supply made by stoneagegamer, I have it for my unit and it works perfect. Expensive thou. Think it comes with a US plug attachment? 🤔 https://www.ebay.com/itm/323899027264?itmmeta=01HTT1XJM2T9GTB873JZZB094T&hash=item4b69e2ef40:g:l-kAAOSw6OFdaOHt&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8J3JjL%2FRTZfZwPGpvmF%2BBUPom4T%2FTaJSSlJpKBxXrPlq1HCF0agpDNA%2BUZUs1GpbECcxYIcbgtkJrxpBKl%2BeMyS8fEYt%2FX2O02z%2Fl%2Fp0hDHM5QlfmePC1WDyxkIhb4l4ldtl8PIUbuugPiUV%2BddYqWM9E9pNA%2B%2BaV0f6PW6AzoYsQWCHlO7DHSZwmZjePMUnXR5L1NjUQD8zbmAU4vih4TLpMyK%2FjOu8DtcCMeRj4z9qoMOZW%2BOWzF6kpV9JAxXy8umUvqpsl3A4lM8sbWfOOUed%2BKwBKdnQCw7HvBA7GAnXspmnHYE5Z6e%2FFWza7B9IpQ%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5Sq9sHWYw

• Like 2

Want To Trade:

My second copy of Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers for Neo-Geo CD for either Magician Lord (NGCD) or League Bowling (NGCD), or possibly sell it for $110 w/ FREE shipping.

We just had to put our cat down because of cancer, so I will post pictures of the game in question, when we get home later tonight.

I have plenty of feedback as a buyer/seller in the Feedback Forum, if anyone is wondering.

I hope this style of post is ok in this thread, @Charlie Cat!

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ColecoGamer said:

Want To Trade:

My second copy of Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers for Neo-Geo CD for either Magician Lord (NGCD) or League Bowling (NGCD), or possibly sell it for $110 w/ FREE shipping.

We just had to put our cat down because of cancer, so I will post pictures of the game in question, when we get home later tonight.

I have plenty of feedback as a buyer/seller in the Feedback Forum, if anyone is wondering.

I hope this style of post is ok in this thread, @Charlie Cat!

I'm after Magician Lord also bro. The game to buy is in the £$100's at the mo!

• Like 2

This arrived today special delivery. Was not expecting the console until next week!

Sadly the first game I have ordered is not arriving until next week, so I could only test the console.

It's extremely well looked after. The NTSC JAP/PAL region switch works fine and will definitely be useful for menus.

Hooked it up to my Retrotink 2x pro and M-classic to my 4k HDTV and picture looks great, very little interference.

Tried a music CD to test the laser and works fine so I am very pleased.

Can't play any games until next week thou... 😭😂

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shane857 said:

I saw those as well, but I used some wire connectors to fit over the pins, and some hot glue to form the shape of the plug and it's working fine. I use a 10v and 5v wal plug, solderer to the cable connectors. It's not pretty but it's working fine for now. 

I plan on buying a cable that comes on an HP plug, then using a project box with 5v and 10v barrel jacks that will plug into the wall. I feel that will be a better solution and will cost me under $20 US.

Thanks for the link!

And congrats on receiving your unit early. Mine came from Japan after about 3 days shipping. It was crazy to me.

Does the region switch work on the fly? I'm not familiar with it. The GameCube one cannot be switched on the fly and must be powered off before changing.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dopy25 said:

I saw those as well, but I used some wire connectors to fit over the pins, and some hot glue to form the shape of the plug and it's working fine. I use a 10v and 5v wal plug, solderer to the cable connectors. It's not pretty but it's working fine for now. 

I plan on buying a cable that comes on an HP plug, then using a project box with 5v and 10v barrel jacks that will plug into the wall. I feel that will be a better solution and will cost me under $20 US.

Thanks for the link!

And congrats on receiving your unit early. Mine came from Japan after about 3 days shipping. It was crazy to me.

Does the region switch work on the fly? I'm not familiar with it. The GameCube one cannot be switched on the fly and must be powered off before changing.

I have only tried switching regions with the console off(and that is what I will always do). Seems safer to me, and yes the region switch works perfectly. 👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shane857 said:

This arrived today special delivery. Was not expecting the console until next week!

Sadly the first game I have ordered is not arriving until next week, so I could only test the console.

It's extremely well looked after. The NTSC JAP/PAL region switch works fine and will definitely be useful for menus.

Hooked it up to my Retrotink 2x pro and M-classic to my 4k HDTV and picture looks great, very little interference.

Tried a music CD to test the laser and works fine so I am very pleased.

Can't play any games until next week thou... 😭😂

Wow! What a NGCD unit you have Shane. Everything looks so perfect. This unit was really well taken care of even down to the condition of the box. I have to say this bro...I'm Jealous, :D

This must be a low serial number unit. I see three 0's on it. I always enjoy the early models of Neo-Geo consoles. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member @dak1ngofgames98 on discussing about Sonic Pocket Adventure for the NGPC. Thank you for sharing this with us Brendan. And to help celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Neo-Geo thread brother man. :)

From the description,

"Finally adding Sonic Pocket Adventure to the collection made me so freaking happy, you guys really don't know! Of course HUGE shout-out and thanks to Next Level videogames for not only holding it for me, but for surprising me with Galactic Wrestling feat. Ultimate Muscle (CIB) on PS2! Absolutely made my day! Happy belated anniversary Neo Geo thread, and thank you again Anthony for everything you do for me, and everyone else in the community!!!! Hope you guys enjoy hearing how I lost, and finally got Sonic Pocket Adventure!"

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

[KOF XV] Compete in creator-hosted tournaments for KOF XV and win prizes like the Pulse 3D Elite Headset in Challenge Accepted from PlayStation Tournaments. The prizes get better if more people register! Learn more and sign up here:https://playst.cc/3TpNVoG #KOFXV #KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

[KOF XV] Participate in the "KOF XV" #PS5 tournament to warm-up #EVOJapan2024 and win PSN subscription and exclusive #EVOJ24 PSN avatars! ■How to participate Register from the PS5 console game hub #KOFXV #KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【EVO Japan CHALLENGE 2024 in TOHOKU】 エントリーがまだな東北のツワモノさん! お待ちしております ★エントリーフォーム 「SF6部門」 https://tonamel.com/competition/Bf5AH 「GBVSR部門」 https://tonamel.com/competition/Xrguz 「KOFXV部門」 https://tonamel.com/competition/EcBIs ※ご参加には #EVOJAPAN2024 プレイヤーチケット& http://Start.ggエントリー完了いただいているs要がございます! ・お問い合わせ先 evojapan@yesu.jp https://yesu.jp/evojapan-touhoku/ #EVOJ東北 #山形県eスポーツ連合 #YeSU
Translated from Japanese by
[EVO Japan CHALLENGE 2024 in TOHOKU] To all the tough guys from Tohoku who haven't entered yet! We look forward to your entry  ★ Entry Form "SF6 Division" https://tonamel.com/competition/Bf5AH "GBVSR Division" https://tonamel.com/competition/Xrguz "KOFXV Division" https://tonamel.com/competition/EcBIs ※ To participate, you must have a #EVOJAPAN2024 player ticket and http://Start.gg completed your entry! ・Contact Information evojapan@yesu.jp https://yesu.jp/evojapan-touhoku/ #EVOJ東北 #山形県eスポーツ連合 #YeSU
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GKOzGNpbkAADOOn?format=png&name=360x360

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 『KOF XV』#PS5トーナメント に参加して、#EVOJapan2024 を盛り上げよう! 今週は「草薙京」の #EVOJ24 限定アバターが登場! ■参加方法 PS5本体のゲームハブより登録 #KOFXV #KOF15
Translated from Japanese by
[KOF XV] Join "KOF XV" #PS5トーナメント and make #EVOJapan2024 even more exciting! This week we have a #EVOJ24 exclusive avatar for "Kyo Kusanagi"! ■ How to participate Register via the PS5 console's Game Hub #KOFXV #KOF15
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GKZAEfsbcAAlTY4?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..