IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

On 3/28/2024 at 4:40 PM, eightbit said:

Hey Anthony,

I have been meaning to chime in! Congrats on the thread anniversary! 1403 pages and 10 years is quite an achievement as well as a testament to how much the Neo-Geo is loved :) 

Alright!! It's our pal Bruce. Great to see you with us again brother man. :thumbsup: :)

Thank you for stopping by and congratulating on the 10th anniversary of the Neo-Geo thread. It wouldn't have made it this far without you my man. I remember the great conversations reading about you and your grandmother going to the Garden State Plaza Mall in Paramus, NJ purchasing a Neo-Geo AES, while you were there, I was on Rte 4 in Paramus as well playing at Dairy Queen on a MVS flipping quarters into the machine having fun with Magician Lord. 

Not only that particular mall. all the others nearby, The Paramus Park Mall, Bergen County Mall, Willowbrook Mall, and even Time Warp Comics in Cedar Grove. What a small world we live in. I remember you mentioning that you were relocating to another State Were glad that you did so to help better yourself and add a new chapter to your life. Were glad you done so Bruce and we wish you all the best.  

Great to see you as always brother man. Thank you for all you do for the community and always a pleasure to have you on with us here on the Neo-Geo thread and on the AtariAge forums. Keep up the great work as always. :)

Anthony... 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

For international competitors DON'T forget to register for #EVOJapan2024 at http://start.gg! Please activate the entry code you have obtained from an e-mail to compete in the main tournaments. Until Friday, March 29, 23:59 JST

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 4月6日(土)より3週間に渡り、#PS5トーナメント を使用したPlayStation®Tournaments「EVO Japan 2024 Warm-Up」がスタート! 『#KOFXV#PS5トーナメント に参加して、#EVOJapan2024 限定PSNアバターをゲットしよう! >詳細 https://play.st/3xd9CAM #KOF15 #EVOJ24
Translated from Japanese by
[KOF XV] The PlayStation ® Tournaments "EVO Japan 2024 Warm-Up" using #PS5トーナメント will begin on Saturday, April 6th and run for three weeks! Join `` #KOFXV '' #PS5トーナメント and get a #EVOJapan2024 exclusive PSN avatar! >Details https://play.st/3xd9CAM #KOF15 #EVOJ24
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GJ0XcD3aoAAkb2P?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#esports#EVOJapan2024 の記sオンライン大会、PlayStation®Tournaments「EVO Japan 2024 Warm-Up」を4月6日(土)より開催! PS5®の3タイトルで、4月28日(日)まで毎日トーナメントを実施! #GGST #鉄拳8 #KOFXV 詳しくはこちら⇒ https://play.st/3xd9CAM
[ #esports ] PlayStation ® Tournaments “EVO Japan 2024 Warm-Up”, a commemorative online tournament for #EVOJapan2024 will be held from Saturday, April 6th! Tournaments will be held every day until April 28th (Sunday) with 3 PS5 ® titles! #GGST #鉄拳8 #KOFXV Click here for details ⇒ https://play.st/3xd9CAM

GJu4-UzaUAAfC_S?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■ビリー・カーン生産中■ 昨日から出荷始まってます。 直販分は何とか月内にお届けできそうです。日曜に到着予定です。 お待たせして申し訳ありませんでした! 一般流通分も順次仕上げて発送させていただきますので今しばらくお待ちください! #snk #餓狼伝説 #studio24餓狼
■ Billy Khan in production ■ Shipping started yesterday. It looks like we will be able to deliver the direct sales portion within the month. It is scheduled to arrive on Sunday. Sorry for keeping you waiting! We will be completing and shipping the general distribution items one by one, so please wait for a while! #snk #餓狼伝説 #studio24餓狼

GJ08nyHbUAAUuvY?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Half Anniversary Thanks Sale KOF XVダイカットクッション (京・庵・クーラ・アンヘル) なんと通常価格¥4,950が¥2,200 大阪店内の商品ほぼ全商品割引対象となってます 一部の商品は対象外もしくはさらなる値引き率の場合もあります 皆様の御来店お待ちしております #BGMO
Half Anniversary Thanks Sale  KOF XV die cut cushion (Kyo, Hermitage, Cura, Angel) The regular price is ¥4,950  ¥2,200  Almost all products in the Osaka store are eligible for discounts   Some products may not be eligible or may have a further discount rate  We look forward to your visit  #BGMO

GJuLFQbbIAAl97S?format=jpg&name=small

GJuLFQoa8AAuCVa?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 令サムエピローグ絵ミニキャンバスパネルも表示価格より40%OFF 大阪店内の商品ほぼ全商品割引対象となってます 一部の商品は対象外もしくはさらなる値引き率の場合もあります 皆様の御来店お待ちしております #BGMO
Half Anniversary Thanks Sale  Rei Sam Epilogue Mini Canvas Panel is also 40% off the listed price  Almost all products in the Osaka store are discounted   Some products may not be eligible or may have a further discount  We look forward to your visit  #BGMO

GJzbghuaYAAvLZA?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Half Anniversary Thanks Sale KOFアクリルアイテムも表示価格より40%OFF 大阪店内の商品ほぼ全商品割引対象となってます 一部の商品は対象外もしくはさらなる値引き率の場合もあります 皆様の御来店お待ちしております #BGMO
Half Anniversary Thanks Sale  KOF acrylic items are also 40% off the listed price  Almost all products in the Osaka store are eligible for discounts   Some products may not be eligible or may have a further discount rate  We look forward to your visit  #BGMO

GJ4uub0bwAAY3CD?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 真サムライスピリッツ 扇子も表示価格より40%OFF 大阪店内の商品ほぼ全商品割引対象となってます 一部の商品は対象外もしくはさらなる値引き率の場合もあります 皆様の御来店お待ちしております #BGMO
Half Anniversary Thanks Sale  Shin Samurai Spirits fans are also 40% off the listed price  Almost all products in the Osaka store are eligible for discounts   Some products may not be eligible or may have a further discount rate  We look forward to your visit  #BGMO

GJppFqCaEAASKf2?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

53 minutes ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Some Homebrew Dev needs to make a GARFIELD game for the NEO GEO to make @Charlie Cat's head explode! 😝😁

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Good one Rob!! :lol: :lol:

I'll tell ya this brother man, If they make a Garfield game for the Neo-Geo to sell to the public, I'll buy you the game for you to have in the collection for the Neo Geo CD to play. If I recall, I believe you mentioned that you had the unit.

But either way, I'm a man of my words and would do that for you. :)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Good one Rob!! :lol: :lol:

I'll tell ya this brother man, If they make a Garfield game for the Neo-Geo to sell to the public, I'll buy you the game for you to have in the collection for the Neo Geo CD to play. If I recall, I believe you mentioned that you had the unit.

But either way, I'm a man of my words and would do that for you. :)

Well don't bother, even IF it should happen, a couple of years ago I had about half my collection stolen from our storage unit and sadly that included one barely used NEO GEO CDZ 🤷‍♂️I was devastated and so disheartened I gave up collecting, we do not have the room and I've learned the hard way not to put anything more in our storage locker that I am not willing to lose 😝 Oh, I live happily with the remainder of my collection and focus on that now and honestly, I was not too upset about losing some items (looking at you Phillips CD-i) but some depressed me for some time, the Neo Geo CDZ, Modded Sega Saturn, like new Sega Genesis Model 1, 3DO FZ-10, 2 ColecoVisions (my dear wife replaced one so I could use all my accessories) etc, etc. 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Hey @Charlie Cat,

Any idea when Piko will release Knight’s Chance? I’ve been waiting a long time to own this game!

Good question Mike. I tried checking on the Neobitz newsletter and Eli's shop page regarding it and didn't see a planned date. I'll ask him about that bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

『Metal Slug: Awakening』クローズドβテスト開始! CBT時間:3月28 ~ 4月10日 ダウンロードはこちら:https://msawk.haoplay.com/cbt/ #MSAW #CBT
 “Metal Slug: Awakening” closed beta test begins!  CBT time: March 28 ~ April 10  Click here to download: https://msawk.haoplay.com/cbt/ #MSAW #CBT

Anthony...

Hi guys,

『Metal Slug:Awakening』はクロースプレイゲームで、今回のクローズドβテストでPC版でのプレイが可能です。 Android版とPC版でサーバーとデータは共通します。 テスト期間中、ご意見や感想があればお気軽に連絡してください。 ダウンロード:https://msawk.haoplay.com/cbt/ #MSAW #CBT
 "Metal Slug: Awakening" is a close play game, and in this closed beta test  you can play it on the PC version.  The server and data are the same for Android and PC versions. Please feel free to contact us if you have any comments or feedback during the testing period.  Download: https://msawk.haoplay.com/cbt/ #MSAW #CBT

GJwso6obwAAtv5N?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fr0Q22TAZ1Y 今回はメタルスラッグの新作がリリースされるという事でメーカーさんからのご依頼を受けてリリース前にご紹介させて頂きたいと思います! IOS・アンドロイド・PC用ゲームとしてリリース予定の『メタルスラッグ アウェイクニング』です! 気になる方は是非ご覧下さい♪
https://youtube.com/watch?v=fr0Q22TAZ1Y This time, a new Metal Slug product will be released, and at the request of the manufacturer, I would like to introduce it to you before the release! "Metal Slug Awakening" is scheduled to be released as a game for IOS, Android, and PC! If you are interested, please take a look ♪

Anthony..

I finally got around to replacing the caps in my early made Neo-Geo top loader yesterday. These take a while due to how many caps there are in total across the 3 main boards in the system. The controller board has a cap as well but just one so that isn't anything major. But the AV and CD driver boards have quite a few.

I also cleaned it inside and out but sadly, the basement smell still seems pretty baked into the plastics. Especially the maroon inner plastic spacer for the AV and control boards. Still, it looks better than it has since I got it from Yahoo auctions Japan last year. 

I installed an SD loader into pretty much as soon as I got it. It is awesome as it also allows similar features to that of the Unibios for the AES/MVS setups.

ITCNGCD_MB_Oview.thumb.jpg.cb51455c6acd69d0fae73ee3ad54cea6.jpg

Most of the capacitors to be replaced are located on the AV board. The Console5 cap kit for this, includes actual special labeled audio grade capacitors to be used on this board.

ITCNGCD_AV_Brd_Oview.thumb.jpg.003015f8027fb6c94e4f2b5efb8a298e.jpg

I don't typically like to recap the CD driver boards as I've had 'problems' come up in the past when doing this. While it shouldn't be an issue, changing out the caps can change things electrically enough through the driver board to cause the CD adjustments to no longer be quite correct. But I've not had this be an issue with NGCD units thankfully.

ITCNGCD_CD_Driver_Brd.thumb.jpg.79648cdc92ecd10b223dd37dc2daf314.jpg

There are a lot of capacitors overall that get replaced and some of the traces, especially on the AV board, tend to lift when desoldering the old caps in the process. 

ITCNGCD_Old_Caps.thumb.jpg.bd5284d2096db196fc222c64d50ed4f1.jpg

But it is looking better than it has since I got it about a year ago and is one less console in my collection to have to mess with for a long time.

ITCNGCD_Working_Complete.thumb.jpg.489323a096a7b55869b49ffed4767a11.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Oh wow! This looks great CrossBow. What excellent work you done and the pics sho for themselves. Great work station you have and shane you gave to the NGCD system.  Thinking of doing video game repair uploads on YouTube or offering a service to have consoles to be repaired? I would follow you and I have a few consoles that are in need of work to be playable again. 

Anthony..

• Like 1