IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Oh! I have an MVS copy of Magician Lord, if anyone is interested. The game works, but the music cuts out.

All I ask is for the interested party to pay for shipping.

Edit: if you can fix it, you’ll have a working copy.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Excellent first pick, if I do say so myself. May I also suggest Art of Fighting 3, Nam 75 and Magician Lord? 😁

Yeh. I want to get all those. Especially Magician Lord, Which is probably the most expensive.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I bought the CDZ from Japan. Since I have plenty of joysticks/pads, it didn’t matter if it came with any (which it doesn’t).

It’s a beauty isn’t it? 😁☺️

Oh wow Mike. What a fantastic looking unit. It looks great for it's age and it also looks like it came off the assembly line. What a great purchase this is. What's the serial number on this console bro. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

My pride and joy of my Neo-Geo CD collection:

Looking good Mike. Everything looks so perfect with not even a scratch on the cases. Now that's what I call a nice NGCD collection. I'm jealous. :D Now I have to build up my NGCD collection again, You done very well keeping up with them for sure brother man. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, shane857 said:

My very first Neo-Geo CD purchase. Can't wait to play it...💪

Congratulatulations on Samurai Sprits II being your first game in your Neo-Geo CD collection Shane. A superb choice for it to be. We would love to read on what you think of it bro. Any other Neo-Geo games coming your way in the mail or at your local game shop? :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

My wife is going to kill me, but last night I broke down and purchased a fully-functioning CDZ system. $400 smackaroos too! 

So if my repair fails on the Neo-Geo CD, I’ll have a CDZ to play on. 😁

We hope the repairs turn in your favor Mike. But WHOA!!!!!!! What a Neo Geo CDZ unit you purchase. That unit looks spot on perfect looking. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Yeh. I want to get all those. Especially Magician Lord, Which is probably the most expensive.

To me Shane, that game is a must. It also happens to be the very first Neo-Geo game that i ever played for the Neo-Geo back in 1990. I've been a buff since and never regretted doing so. :)

Anthony.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

【公式Discord開設】 #MSAW 公式Discordが開設されました! Discordでみんなと楽しく交流しよう! 同時にゲームの最新情報をいち早く知ることができます。 ▼参加はこちら
Translated from Japanese by
[Official Discord Opened] #MSAW Official Discord has been opened! Have fun interacting with everyone on Discord! At the same time, you can be the first to know the latest game information. ▼ Click here to participate
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【新格闘家攻略】 【真紅のエージェント】「ヴァネッサXIV Ver」攻略解禁! 「ヴァネッサXIV Ver」の特性やスキル仕組みを確認の上、強力なチームを編成せよ! #KOF98UMOL #KOF #ヴァネッサ
[New fighter strategy] [Crimson Agent] “Vanessa XIV Ver” strategy released! Check out the characteristics and skill structure of “Vanessa XIV Ver” and form a powerful team! #KOF98UMOL #KOF #ヴァネッサ

GKIB-FTa8AALU7J?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【SNKフリーク】 毎月当たる!フォロー&リポストキャンペーンを開催! 抽選で10名様にオリジナル #QUOカード (500円分)プレゼント! ①このアカウントをフォロー ②この投稿をリポスト でs募完了! キャンペーンは4/30(火)まで! #SNK #SNKフリーク #プレゼント
[SNK Freak] Win every month! Follow & repost campaign held! Original #QUOカード (500 yen worth) will be given to 10 people by lottery! ① Follow this account ② Complete your application by reposting this post! Campaign ends on April 30th (Tuesday)! #SNK #SNKフリーク #プレゼント

GJuTNmzakAAL-3J?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

6 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Congratulatulations on Samurai Sprits II being your first game in your Neo-Geo CD collection Shane. A superb choice for it to be. We would love to read on what you think of it bro. Any other Neo-Geo games coming your way in the mail or at your local game shop? :)

Anthony..

At the moment just the NEO-GEO CD Console and Samurai Spirits 2. That's me spent out for a month! lol

As soon as everything arrives, I'll post some pictures and give my opinion. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Oh wow Mike. What a fantastic looking unit. It looks great for it's age and it also looks like it came off the assembly line. What a great purchase this is. What's the serial number on this console bro. :)

Anthony...

I’m eager to know the serial number too. Once the system arrives, I’ll post it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Looking good Mike. Everything looks so perfect with not even a scratch on the cases. Now that's what I call a nice NGCD collection. I'm jealous. :D Now I have to build up my NGCD collection again, You done very well keeping up with them for sure brother man. :)

Anthony..

Thanks, Anthony. It took time, money and determination to find all those games at good, decent prices. 

I find that Japanese sellers have the best prices. The wait sucks, but the end result is definitely worth it.

I recommend that @shane857 does the same thing to build his Neo CD collection. Ninja Masters only cost me $85 from a Japanese seller, while US sellers want hundreds of dollars for it. Unfortunately, the cover has sun-fading from the previous owner,  but its not too noticeable.

Also, don’t be afraid to make offers if the sellers accept them. You might surprise yourself and your wallet!

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

At the moment just the NEO-GEO CD Console and Samurai Spirits 2. That's me spent out for a month! lol

As soon as everything arrives, I'll post some pictures and give my opinion. 

Ironically, my first Neo Geo CD game (back in the 90s) was the same game as you - Samurai Shodown 2. I played that game until my fingers bled. Lol My second game was The Super Spy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColecoGamer said:

Thanks, Anthony. It took time, money and determination to find all those games at good, decent prices. 

I find that Japanese sellers have the best prices. The wait sucks, but the end result is definitely worth it.

I recommend that @shane857 does the same thing to build his Neo CD collection. Ninja Masters only cost me $85 from a Japanese seller, while US sellers want hundreds of dollars for it. Unfortunately, the cover has sun-fading from the previous owner,  but its not too noticeable.

Also, don’t be afraid to make offers if the sellers accept them. You might surprise yourself and your wallet!

Yes, I have noticed Japanese releases are a lot cheaper, and most games have the option to change language to English.

A lot of the menus etc on Japanese games have a lot of English text anyway. Unless you are playing an RPG you can probably wing it anyway, just trial and error. 😂

• Like 1