IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

I got a copy of Ataricorp Surround 1986 version with the black tape covering the wrong controller info.

I refuse to reveal just how much I had to shell out to get this one...

I do not expect to get the CIB copy of this, so I am happy with getting the cartridge.

I also bought two auctions to get everything for a complete copy of Sears Chase # 49-75105, picture label,

then I realized I had a text cart that was # 49-75105, which is not listed in the book Classic 80's Home Video Games.

There are several mistakes and omissions in that book, but it has helped me for the last five years.

So collecting all the Sears variants continues to be a pain.

• Like 3

A copy of Ebivision Pac-Man for $22!

And it does not have the franken-Hozer head on the label.

So is it the one cart that was awarded to someone for finding the secret room in Alfred Challenge? Or just an extra cart with this label that Hozer Games sold before changing the label?

For $22 it better not be the only copy!

The rest of the items from the same seller were-

ZBlocks- two player tetris

River Run- This copy works!

Moxie Wins- Yet another soda space invaders hack.

Atari Pong, the original arcade game- a real simple program of pong, the label is VERY 70's.

Asteroids,the vector edition-Hozer games 1999. This one was free due to late shipment of order.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 7:12 PM, CaptainBreakout said:

I got these today...

IMG_20231007_180556903_HDR.thumb.jpg.cad403f6ba025ea1c0f30c27d7c5b3ff.jpg

How do I fit them into my 2600?

Awesome! Asteroids really takes me back to the local 7-11 store where I fed my allowance into that game.

I couldn't fit either of those games in my house. An updated photo of the games working would be nice...

• Like 2

Nice assortment of random goodness...all for a little over $20.

Intellivision Space Armada is French/English packaging... 🙂

LYNX manuals - hated to pass them up.

Kung Food (LYNX) - no manual, whatever...

Not a thrift store find but pricing was comparable.

PXL_20231010_203058275~2.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/9/2023 at 7:29 PM, CaptainBreakout said:

Here's Asteroids...

IMG_20231008_120927656_HDR.thumb.jpg.a291b80bb1a7724457d3fc13f610306c.jpg

I know the sun is kinda bad, but it works after some tinkering. 

Ladybug is next.

Just for fun... Let me show you the manufacturer label on the back of Ladybug.  I'd LOVE to see another game made by this company...

IMG_20231007_184256249.thumb.jpg.499c361e46f046ec1eaa3208a8744b35.jpg

Not as impressive as yours LOL,

But I bought one of those mini Asteroids cabinet (toys if you will) and it totally sucks TBH,....Playing some game, if you can get it to work that has a VFD display where you rotate a ship around a ring shooting asteroids...Not really Asteroids at all.

20230912_053627.thumb.jpg.1bea41538ece03c337574437b4c4329a.jpg

So I only bought it because I too, have a full sized Asteroids cabinet and thought it might be cool to someday put them near one another...My cab needs some work,  and is in my father's garage for now...Strangely my cabinet sides are white instead of black.  It's the only one I've seen that is white.  I bought it that way in the 80's...

• Like 2

But,

I also had some good purchases.   (A good camera that takes decent pics is not one of them haha)...

A couple of hard shell cases to fit Analogue Pockets;  Oddly these are harder and more rigid on the sides and not as hard on the top and bottom,  but they'll work.  Some SD cards from Amazon and a Sealed Metal Slug Anthology (7 Games!) for PS2! 

20231016_015808.thumb.jpg.14efd8eb567e6c193a0bdb86c00fc700.jpg

Here's a another pic of Metal Slug Anthology in its natural habitat with my other PS2 games,  But now I'm on the horns of a dilemma.  I want to open it, but it's Sealed!   (HMMmmmm...)

20231015_161343.thumb.jpg.163de8c61c4d35139c57061e446d5bc6.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Not as impressive as yours LOL,

But I bought one of those mini Asteroids cabinet (toys if you will) and it totally sucks TBH,....Playing some game, if you can get it to work that has a VFD display where you rotate a ship around a ring shooting asteroids...Not really Asteroids at all.

20230912_053627.thumb.jpg.1bea41538ece03c337574437b4c4329a.jpg

So I only bought it because I too, have a full sized Asteroids cabinet and thought it might be cool to someday put them near one another...My cab needs some work,  and is in my father's garage for now...Strangely my cabinet sides are white instead of black.  It's the only one I've seen that is white.  I bought it that way in the 80's...

Nice!

Yeah... Didn't know you had a full size Asteroids!  Yeah... That's a cool topper.

I have a full size Black Knight pinball, and I had the same idea. I wanted to put the mini Entex handheld version on the top... But those things can go for as much as the full size pinball game!!!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

NOTE:  Woo Hoo!!

20231017_002658.thumb.jpg.bc05b2dcc5c119cbdd913a140a077feb.jpg

Other note:  I didn't have to wait 13 months this time!

… what’ss …. that..?

image.gif.d0bcaa2bef86dcb0b2f181ee97fb74fd.gif

I mean … whats that.. my good, good friend… how did you come across it… really…?

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Giles N said:

… what’ss …. that..?

image.gif.d0bcaa2bef86dcb0b2f181ee97fb74fd.gif

I mean … whats that.. my good, good friend… how did you come across it… really…?

Did ya like the pic?  Crappy camera notwithstanding...I wanted something a bit more epic.  High contrast shadows,  (off the top of my head) I thought might work...

That's the Limited Edition Transparent Green Analogue Pocket!*  Behold!

I've already got'er loaded up with cores and ROMs,  though I need a ton more...

Side Note:  (Speaking of ROMs,  I just played an Adventure II ROM on my Atari 7800 (Well,  Harmony cart),  which I assume would work on the Pocket also,  but I haven't tried yet...)  It's the Curt Vendel game which I also have on my Flashback II...FWIW,  I just won the game when the bat traded The Chalice for a Dragon Corpse as he flew by!!  **Should I be mentioning this in that other thread?...NAwww**

*Getting one was the product of me getting up Way Too Early one Friday and spending too much money...Maybe had some Good Luck there too ;)

Honestly,  it messes with my sleep schedule something fierce to get up at 9AM on 4-ish hours sleep...On a work night no less...Sometimes my sleep schedule is messed up for days to come...

Ultra Side Note:  Also, being tired and stressed some time later,  (though probably nothing to do with it) may have contributed to my accident whereby I sort of stubbed my toe and actually broke 2 toes!  (I'm still off work healing up from all that,  but at least it wasn't an incident at an Eastern European Buffet!)

On 10/18/2023 at 10:29 AM, GoldLeader said:

on 4-ish hours sleep...On a work night no less...Sometimes my sleep schedule is messed up for days to come...

Ultra Side Note:  Also, being tired and stressed some time later,  (though probably nothing to do with it) may have contributed to my accident whereby I sort of stubbed my toe and actually broke 2 toes!  (I'm still off work healing up from all that, 

Lucky with getting the A-Pockets.

Bad luck with the accident. (Will your community now be without Pizzas for months on end? Will it come to an outbreak of pizza-panic?)

Good luck then that you’ve got the Analogue Pocket to kill some time while you heal-up (… and watches out the window as the city riots for lack of pizza-delivery…)

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 10:29 AM, GoldLeader said:

but at least it wasn't an incident at an Eastern European Buffet!)

I know they’ve used to been poor, but I don’t think they’d actually eat and cook you. Things are moving forward. Some places at least.

Or did you mean like, you were lucky not to break a toe alone in frozen, deserted village in … Transylvania…?

• Haha 1

Lucky with getting the A-Pockets.

Bad luck with the accident. (Will your community now be without Pizzas for months on end? Will it come to an outbreak of pizza-panic?)

Good luck then that you’ve got the Analogue Pocket to kill some time while you heal-up (… and watches out the window as the city riots for lack of pizza-delivery…)

Well,...They do have other drivers,...but it is said none faster than yours truly ;)

I know they’ve used to been poor, but I don’t think they’d actually eat and cook you. Things are moving forward. Some places at least.

Or did you mean like, you were lucky not to break a toe alone in frozen, deserted village in … Transylvania…?

For any that may have wondered,  I was simply quoting Creamhoven (Lord knows what happened at the Eastern European buffet)...but,  Hey I am a quarter "Bohemian",  Perhaps the vampires are my relatives...

6 hours ago, bent_pin said:

That looks amazing!

Thanks @bent_pinThey really are pretty cool!

Hopefully they make more!

I mean,  What's going on over at Analogue?  At this point in time perhaps maybe, they're busy recreating an FPGA N64 ---> Wait Shhhhh!  I said nothing...Don't look at me!  Only The Shadow knows...

On 10/17/2023 at 3:38 AM, GoldLeader said:

NOTE:  Woo Hoo!!

20231017_002658.thumb.jpg.bc05b2dcc5c119cbdd913a140a077feb.jpg

Other note:  I didn't have to wait 13 months this time!

I snagged a transparent blue one myself. I did follow Madlittlepixel's advice on how to better your odds. I won't have too much time to mess with it until the youth soccer season is finished.

Sorry to hear about the accident in your later post.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cybercylon said:

I snagged a transparent blue one myself. I did follow Madlittlepixel's advice on how to better your odds. I won't have too much time to mess with it until the youth soccer season is finished.

Sorry to hear about the accident in your later post.

Thanks!  No worries I think my foot's getting better each day! 

As far as Pockets,  the blue one looks really cool too.  I figure colors like Blue and Red, maybe Green would be the hardest ones to get or the most popular...I'd bet smoke or clear would be the ones the fewest people would want, based on nothing at all except my own preferences, haa...I wanted Green, but would also have gone for Orange or Purple,  but if all those sold out,  I didn't want a smoke or a clear one...And I already have a White one.  I probably didn't need 2, but it's such a cool device!

On 10/21/2023 at 8:54 AM, GoldLeader said:

Well,...They do have other drivers,...but it is said none faster than yours truly ;)

In certain places in Eastern Europe they call the best fast-food delivery   ‘denn die Toten reiten schnell’

Good thing you didn’t end up at such a buffet…

• Like 1