IGNORED

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

racerx

Welcome to AtariAge Nicholas! Hopefully you'll choose to stick around and participate across the forum.

You've really hit the nail on the head. We're all scratching our heads to understand how the RetroVGS team can't see the issues with their campaign. O don't doubt that they truly want to release this system, but the way they're doing it and their expectations of success are wrong. Sometimes it's hard to admit that what you're working towards isn't feasible. I just hope in time they're able to understand what they did wrong, rather than pointing figures at those who provided negative feedback.

• Like 1

You know your on a site where its majority old men right?

We prefer the term "Experienced" or being called OG's (Original Gamers)

OG's, I like that! Hey, we are actually twitter followers :) Small world...or maybe I am one of the old guys ;)

The old days will never come back. I think that guy Ian from the Pat CUPodcast said it well. He loves his cartridges he just doesn't want to go back to them. So for all those(including myself, I have heaps of carts) that loves to collect them, collect them..for the systems that used them. Maybe things have to stay in their time.

/Nicholas

• Like 1

Welcome to AtariAge Nicholas! Hopefully you'll choose to stick around and participate across the forum.

You've really hit the nail on the head. We're all scratching our heads to understand how the RetroVGS team can't see the issues with their campaign. O don't doubt that they truly want to release this system, but the way they're doing it and their expectations of success are wrong. Sometimes it's hard to admit that what you're working towards isn't feasible. I just hope in time they're able to understand what they did wrong, rather than pointing figures at those who provided negative feedback.

Thanks! Actually, I didn't come here for this discussion :grin: I recently got tired of social media, and wanted to go BACK to the forum days that I used to use a lot years ago.. Lol, it sounds silly to say after ripping on trying to bring carts back :)

By the way, my thoughts are here: http://www.isocube.dk/2015/09/22/retro-vgs-my-thoughts/

/Nicholas

• Like 1

OG's, I like that! Hey, we are actually twitter followers :) Small world...or maybe I am one of the old guys ;)

The old days will never come back. I think that guy Ian from the Pat CUPodcast said it well. He loves his cartridges he just doesn't want to go back to them. So for all those(including myself, I have heaps of carts) that loves to collect them, collect them..for the systems that used them. Maybe things have to stay in their time.

/Nicholas

Stick around...this is a great website with a great people on it.

Always something interesting happening in any of the forums. See ya around on Twitter :)

The only thing that would make sense to ME about this would be to dump the idea of having new carts, keep the FPGA board (which is what a lot of people wanted) and allow network connectivity + local storage such as SD or CF cards.
Whether you just make a custom Steam box, Android or Raspberry Pi like system... that's the only way you are going to get many new games.
There just won't be a big enough market to attract developers otherwise.

For a while in the 1990's the PC gaming environment was ideal and balanced all those points. Everything "online" was optional. And you could get patches v1.0 -to- v1.1. You could update when you wanted. And could keep multiple versions of a game. And you could get DLC on your own terms, for free, made by other gamers. Think Quake, Doom, Raptor, Descent, and all other games of that era. And you got physical media to install on as many systems as you wanted as many times as you wanted. And you could go online for a little multiplayer activity. And it's great to see I can still load those games today on new hardware I picked up this summer.

This might entertain you :)

• Like 4

This might entertain you :)

Don't get me started. Gamers are such damned hypocrites. They say that games are getting too easy, that they miss the old good times, and then when a Piece of trash filthy game like toumb raider gets released it gets game of the year Awards everywhere. I've been away from gaming for a while and started playing These new games only a couple years ago, and many only this. Toumb raider I got "free" on xbox live Gold. Damn man. I knew it was bad, but nothing could prepare me for that Level of dumbness.

And a bunch of "retro" games are just as bad. No depth, no challenge, no mechanics. They put "puzzles" in the games that an average 6 year old kid could solve. You feel like a jackass playing this trash. On the flip side we have Super Meat Boy, Lovely Planet, and many other great games out there comming out all the time. There are tons of new game mechanics that give games more depth and take away the unfair bullshit of old times.

And yet we have games like Xevious, Asteroids, Ms. Pac Man etc.. that still hold up to the highest standarts. When a Company spends millions of Dollars to make a game and it's not as good a 30 year old arcade game anyone can Play it really makes me sad.

And then again, some damned clueless gaming hypsters Think the Problem with this industry is that now we can download our games DRM free over the Internet and Play them however we want with our customizable PCs.

Damn, I'll get in Trouble in this Forum too ain't I. lol

• Like 1

Seems like they may have gotten rid of the comments section on the left-hand side of the Facebook page.

Wow, they must have just done that, because I was just reading the new comments a few minutes ago...

- but where? Is there a site or link or anything? :)

I have no doubt that Triverse will post in this thread when the interview becomes available.

Seems like they may have gotten rid of the comments section on the left-hand side of the Facebook page.

All that's going to do is make people donate $1 (and get refunds before the campaign ends) so they can post comments directly on the IGG campaign page. I'm willing to bet the decision to remote it is because of the interview. There's no way they're going to look any better after it and they are trying to avoid the backlash.

Edited by goldenegg

wonder if this is a sign they are getting ready to pull the plug

They''ve said multiple times that they believed the negative comments were responsible for holding back the campaign. This is their way of fixing that problem. I think they're about to find out it'll have the reverse outcome.

• Like 4