IGNORED

Boxed Air Raid Sells For $500

pangasinan

It shows as private.

Also there's been a retraction yesterday but no explanation was recorded so maybe eBay doesn't show explanation in public anymore?

On the eBay app for my tablet it shows zero with no mention of private, but yeah on my laptop it shows private. Their bid history for last 30 days shows only bids on this item though. I have never trusted private feedbacks, it always begs the question of what are they hiding?

I see a bidder with zero feedback has entered the fray with a highest bid at AU$1275. Shill bid or a joke? Please be a joke.

At this point I hope any further bids are fake. The seller deserves it if she gets a non-paying buyer, and no honest buyer deserves to recieve this now broken POS for their hard-earned money.

I've reported a couple times now. eBay doesn't care. They're a soulless money grubbing entity that cares about nothing but how to get the last penny in your pocket.

They should care. If eBay had half a lick of common sense, they'd realize this could end badly for them. If their fraud department has to refund the buyer and the seller has already taken the money and run, then guess who's left footing the bill?

If they lose significant amount to fraud seller, I'm sure their pricey lawyers can get in touch with the top collection agency in Australia and they can then really pressure him to pay back.

Another possibility: it's a shill account and the seller's trying to cover his ass by making sure there's no actual winning bidder so he doesn't risk angry buyer who'd post his address for us to send tar and feather filled hate mail. :D

I'm glad Pat picked this story up. It appears that Rosa had found out and is even in the comments already, going as Kabuki Kitsune. Lol

I know those odd spelling errors anywhere!

Edit: I took a look at the auction again and it turns out that she ended it....again.....big surprise.

Edited by The Mr. Video
  • Like 1

Ok, who here posted this question? LMFAO

;)

"Hello I would really like to buy this game. I am a collector and would mind spending thousands, but I'm going to be in Nigeria so how much would shipping be to ship to Nigeria?"

Edited by oldjd

Has it been withdrawn from the listings ? It's marked as unsold with 0 bids on my watch list.

Ah! I see it was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken

LOL

Yes, here I pasted the last comment on the auction lol. Notice the don't say who this person WAS and still refuse to really say it was an obvious fake because you know, they just don't know ;)

Update

I had a very helpful guy come over to have a look at the cartridge and I allowed him to pull it apart , The Handle Broke tho. He pointed out there is a silver sticker it says menavision , on the reverse side there is a P label which he said its pal .

The cartridge has been put back together minus the T Handle because it snapped off. So it will now be sold with a Broken Handle.

He also did say the T Handle was not original and was probably added at sometime of its life .

I have posted up a photo for all to see the card pulled apart and broken T Handle

Has it been withdrawn from the listings ? It's marked as unsold with 0 bids on my watch list.

Ah! I see it was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken

LOL

Yes, here I pasted the last comment on the auction lol. Notice the don't say who this person WAS and still refuse to really say it was an obvious fake because you know, they just don't know ;)

Update

I had a very helpful guy come over to have a look at the cartridge and I allowed him to pull it apart , The Handle Broke tho. He pointed out there is a silver sticker it says menavision , on the reverse side there is a P label which he said its pal .

The cartridge has been put back together minus the T Handle because it snapped off. So it will now be sold with a Broken Handle.

He also did say the T Handle was not original and was probably added at sometime of its life .

I have posted up a photo for all to see the card pulled apart and broken T Handle

Yeah I saw the "broken" pic. LOL such a joke! Rosa broke her Air Raid cart, cry, cry, pout, cry. because whe won't be gettin $1000+ for this fake... :_( :rolling: :roll:

So I just went out and bought my Air Raid supplies. I am unhappy w/the paint color so that will go back. I however will get started on everything else. Need to do some cutting, gluing and priming 1st anyhow before I get to the blue paint.

Still trying to decide if I want to try and shorten the cart a bit. It would be possible but would likely show where the cart was reassembled, probably too much work. The only thing I want to try and fix is the texture. the original has nice texture but the pvc is smooth. Not sure there is a whole lot to do about that.

Only just saw this now, what a fucking joke. Makes me almost ashamed to be an Australian collector (even though i've mostly moved over to Super Famicom due to cost). You'll probably find that some of the bids from new accounts are actually from Rosa trying to boost the price. I've seen it happen way too many times...

Edited by Arkanoid_376970

So I just went out and bought my Air Raid supplies. I am unhappy w/the paint color so that will go back. I however will get started on everything else. Need to do some cutting, gluing and priming 1st anyhow before I get to the blue paint.

Still trying to decide if I want to try and shorten the cart a bit. It would be possible but would likely show where the cart was reassembled, probably too much work. The only thing I want to try and fix is the texture. the original has nice texture but the pvc is smooth. Not sure there is a whole lot to do about that.

Mine used half-inch PVC pipe. The pipe is half inch internal diameter, 5/8" outer diameter. I bought a length of pipe and a T-joint and two caps. Cut about two 3/4" length of pipe and superglue into the T-joint. Superglue the caps on flush to the T-joint. Place the rod into the bottom of the T-joint. with superglue. Spraypaint the T-handle on the end of the rod. Spray paint both sides of the cart shell. Let dry. Then cut the T-handle off about 1/4-3/8" from the base. Assemble the cart without the ROM PCB. Drill a 5/8" hole into the end of the cart. Disassemble the cart, place the ROM inside, and reassemble. Test the game. Superglue the T-handle in place so that the T-joint is flush with the cart end. Make sure it is not twisted. Let dry. Apply label. Enjoy Air Raid repro. :)

See also my Air Raid magnet mod I did. Mine T-handle a lot more proportional to the original than that piece of crap in the eBay auction.

post-33189-0-50137100-1351354690.jpg

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/204618-air-raid-magnet-mod/